[Game Update] (Preview Branch)- 211579

• Developer
1 hour ago, PickPay said:

So after some testing, all buildings heat up much less, temperature seems to spread out more consistently throughout the base (which is ruining my plants but working on it), Carrots do a better job, the Fans are not as powerful ok BUT the Thermo Regulators overheat within a cycle... Hot fix that machine plix plox !

20170328034617_1.jpg

That regulator was built during cycle 192, also tried another one before that same problem.

Should I post this in the bugs ?

Yes please with a save file :).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

Yes please with a save file :).

Ok I think I found the culprit. I noticed I had another T.R. prior to latest patch and it wasnt over heating. I checked its made out of Copper Ore. Where as the ones overheating are made of Gold Amalgam. To verify that I rebuilt two, 1 with Copper the other with Iron and they both heat up slower.

You can actually see the older one in my screenshot at the bottom (it does have a Hydro Fan next to it and more air around so it runs around 30C where as the other 2 are reaching 60C after a few cycles)

Edited by PickPay
Added details

1 minute ago, PickPay said:

Ok I think I found the culprit. I noticed I had another T.R. prior to latest patch and it wasnt over heating. I checked its made out of Copper Ore. Where as the ones overheating are made of Gold Amalgam. To verify that I rebuilt two, 1 with Copper the other with Iron and they both heat up slower.

Really?  I rebuilt mine with everything including Wolframite and they all overheated inside of a day.  Finally just started a new biome.

8 hours ago, Speadge said:

mean, that we can use hydrogen generators right behind a gas pump without the need of a gas separator module (forgot correct name :D) ?

Pretty sure it just means the pumped gas will not cease to exist (unless correctly consumed like hydrogen to a hydrogen generator), pretty sure the generators are still prone to breaking if given the wrong substance.

9 hours ago, Speadge said:

mean, that we can use hydrogen generators right behind a gas pump without the need of a gas separator module (forgot correct name :D) ?

No, the machine still get damaged if wrong elements are pumped into it. My quick test showed in the figure.

For what I understand, instead of removing (destroying) the wrong substances which are pumped into the machine (as it was in the old version), the incorrect elements are emitted again to surrounding, and the machine still get damaged.

Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 11.58.24 AM.png

I thought at first that running liquid in pipes behind machines would cool them without needing to spill liquid everywhere. Why can't we just do that? Wish we had some wolframite heat exchange pipes that would remove need for using liquid spilage.