End table decoration tweak

This is only really a small aesthetic suggestion, but I think it would be really cool if you could use the end table to display trinkets and other items. I'd imagine most of the scripting could be taken from the winter's feast tree, with a player being able to swap the vase with whatever item they give to it. Want to put your powder cake/potato cup on a pedestal? Step right up. Play Wendy on a Hallowed Nights world and want to fill your base with tables covered in beating hearts and crystal balls? Go right ahead.

Wow.  This is probably the best idea I've seen in a while, even if it is a small one.  I love the possibility of showing off a collection of trinkets on tables, or even weapons, food, and lanterns.  How cool would it be to have a refuel-able lantern on one table, while a dragonpie is sitting on another table next to it.  Would make for some seriously cool decor. 

12 hours ago, Destros09 said:

Would it rot?

I people wanted to display food and not have it rot, I'd suggest allowing beeswax to convert food items into an inedible version that doesn't spoil. Yeah it's probably a complete waste of honeycomb, but it would probably make some people happy. 

3 hours ago, Tosh said:

I people wanted to display food and not have it rot, I'd suggest allowing beeswax to convert food items into an inedible version that doesn't spoil. Yeah it's probably a complete waste of honeycomb, but it would probably make some people happy. 

I don't think it should be honey comb for that is non renewable

and 
yes cause Kiel knows i just need my dining tables filled with monster lasugna and chili

2 hours ago, Donke60 said:

I don't think it should be honey comb for that is non renewable

Bee Queen makes it renewable. Not only does she drop some when she dies, but there's also a small chance of honeycomb spawning when you hammer the hive (which can be done safely every few days). This idea was based on wax fruit, with the added annoyance that beeswax only has one use in game.

Edit: I just checked in the files, and it seems that the gigantic beehive has a 1% chance of spawning a honeycomb every time you hammer it. 

Archived