Fireflies are renewable

2 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

Why would you need renewable fireflies anyway? You need one for miner hat and use light bulbs to refuel 

They're nice for decoration. I love seeing my base at night/or in caves because of many many fireflies. (:

52 minutes ago, RobertoRezende said:

I watched this video and found it to be useful. I don´t know if the author is he same @jantonio of this forum.

It is not that easy to renew them since you will only get 3 every year, but useful anyway ;)

heyo, ye thas me, thanks for the credit ;>. I had the video unlisted because i dont think it is that good and it was proof for a friend. I might remake it..... :).

5 hours ago, Parusoid said:

Why would you need renewable fireflies anyway? You need one for miner hat and use light bulbs to refuel 

What if some jackass or noob picks a whole bunch, leaves and never comes back or uses them all for fueling a miner hat they made/found because they hadn't discovered lightbulbs?

Yeah, that would suck ass, to not be able to have a miner hat, wouldn't it? Oh, and don't forget that lureplants, splumonkeys, krampus and possibly some other mobs may steal them from you.

19 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

What if some jackass or noob picks a whole bunch, leaves and never comes back or uses them all for fueling a miner hat they made/found because they hadn't discovered lightbulbs?

Yeah, that would suck ass, to not be able to have a miner hat, wouldn't it? Oh, and don't forget that lureplants, splumonkeys, krampus and possibly some other mobs may steal them from you.

If someone had the motivation to do that for the entire world, then I would probably give the person a medal of accomplishment for determination to cause disarray over the firefly population.

There are many more easier and quicker ways to dink over a world.

28 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

That's when you stop playing public servers.

30 minutes ago, CarlZalph said:

If someone had the motivation to do that for the entire world, then I would probably give the person a medal of accomplishment for determination to cause disarray over the firefly population.

There are many more easier and quicker ways to dink over a world.

23 minutes ago, JellyUltra said:

That's when you stop playing public servers.

Even then, I have two words for you: over time.

Likelihood of that happening? Quite low. But it would just increase over time even if you end up losing just one firefly per thousand years, the fact that it is still a big possibility if not for the desert pond is sadly daunting.

Or, how about if the normal players along with host hand out miner hats to multiple new players left and right that never come back, since they did not know that fireflies were not renewable? (Saying "were", since they are now, but you get the gist). I mean, I try to hand out lanterns to as many players as I can when we have enough bulbs and basic resources for it, so, miner hats aren't that far of a stretch. And newbies do take rare stuff sometimes, never to come back again.

2 minutes ago, Plebgod said:

im too dumb to understand whats happening in the vid

when summer comes the oasis pond will spawn 3 fireflies and 18 succulents. then next summer come it will do the same if you captured the fireflies and grabbed the succulent.

Interesting find, but the video is awful.

For those who want to see what's going on, at 7:06, he catches the 3 fireflies and at 7:45, you can see that they spawned back over the desert pond during summer

Archived