We still have time to throw our own ideas!

Hello everyone,

Game is still in Beta which means that the devs are probably still open to some fixes, improves and maybe even ideas. I've started a topic here in the forum so we can all throw in our 2 cents while it's still time. 

Ps. The ruins content being added is fantastic and i can't wait to know what is being hold for last!

Well I'm going to suggest a lot of things from shipwreck

The characters - I know they would need rebalancing because they were made well two of the characters were made for the SW world in mind and seem only that world which imo is bad design on the fact that SW was a DLC and not standalone. But I would still like them in the game they have a sort of charm to them.

Dragoons- Ok be them a little bit annoying but these mobs are awesome and seeing how DST has meteor showers I can just see these guys mixed in with the showers during summer and hopefully staying after cause Dragoons is an awesome mob.

Poison- again I really like this from SW but in the SW world everything is over saturated with poison so having poison or a poison varient of a mob come out every once and while can make common enconters a little more dangerous. Poison in DST would have to be a lot weaker as there won't be a lot of ways to fight it but I see that as a welcome change.

Grains/bread- Come on Kiel we saw it in the files we all know you thought of it so please but this in the game I need my SWEET ROLLS

SW content, as confirmed by Klei, is to be done by the community project Island Adventures. Crops of wheat etc. would be fun, A Water Mod somehow adds the old assets and you can use them just fine. A nice thing would be rickety roofs (really rickety, requiring maintenance in spring, giving a tiny insulation and sanity aura, prone to fall on your head during hound attacks) and the door found in the code. Ah, an freshwater bodies of water, but that's something IA will handle too (not that I wouldn't be happy with the ability to dig my own decorative pond).

Since many people probable want useful stuff, I would like to see more decor items, different fences, craftable turfs, chairs for the endtable. However I'm already grateful for all those nice new items. I have faith in the devs  (:

7 hours ago, Atroboar said:

Hi ! For me Don't Starve needs more distance combat weapons. There is only the darts and the two staffs (ice & fire) than we can use for fight at distance.

Except that ranged combat is intentionally meant to be costly and/or awkward to use. The already simple combat system can be completely ignored with a lot of ranged weapons. We don't really need any new ones unless it has it's own unique gimmick.

Also, you forgot about the boomerang (although it's more of an agro tool) and the weather pain. And maybe the whip.

9 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

SW content, as confirmed by Klei, is to be done by the community project Island Adventures.

I'm sorry, but what the **** are you on about? Not true at all, they said they have no plans YET. They didn't even outright deny it like MP - and even then look where it got us.

I want everything @Donke60 said :)! Plus, some type of entity like screechers that will actually be scary, creepy & hunt you down till you're dead or they're are.

When I saw in the game files a entity called "stalker" I got very excited, but then I saw how it actually looks like & I was like "oh, it's just the final boss...". Though, I do think the Ancient Fuelweaver is literally the best boss in all of DST & Klei did a great job on it, but I really want a actual "stalker"!

I would even be happy if Klei added a screecher as a mini boss that targets players that are alone at night, that could even encourage players to work together more as a team :). They could even make it as a mod if they don't want to include the screecher in the base game!

I Just...I want a real "stalker" monster, please...before it's too late Klei...!!

arghgaghag.gifasklsaxloa.gif

3 hours ago, SuperDavid said:

I Just...I want a real "stalker" monster, please...before it's too late Klei...!!

Idk I always wanted a mob that acted like players of course with DST and other players you could have base raids so I guess there is no point for my idea.

I always wanted a mob like mctusk and a player combined it would activaly hunt you but also be bound by game logic so it would have to build a base and take care of its needs too. I just imagine just wars over resources or having a hunter-like mob coming after you able to use helments and magic just like you could. It was a nice thought though with DST there is no need.

What i'd like

A new mob that lurks and stalks some nights, but not always, around the camp fire, when everything is quiet and when there is not much structures around ... It could adds some creepiness to the nights. Imagine having a glimpse of it moving on the edge of the light. It could also be a treat when you're walking with a torch in the forests, attacking you in the back. I imagine him twice as strong as a werepig, fast and beast like. Something scary that you can't really prepare to fight because it is always a surprise.

And more characters skins   plz     rose collection?

5 minutes ago, csc_unit said:

A new mob that lurks and stalks some nights, but not always, around the camp fire, when everything is quiet and when there is not much structures around ... It could adds some creepiness to the nights. Imagine having a glimpse of it moving on the edge of the light. It could also be a treat when you're walking with a torch in the forests, attacking you in the back. I imagine him twice as strong as a werepig, fast and beast like. Something scary that you can't really prepare to fight because it is always a surprise.

everything you mostly just said sums up the endtable.

3 minutes ago, jantonio said:

everything you mostly just said sums up the endtable.

Lol . .. I did not have in mind an endtable tho. Endtable is scary the first second you see it ever and this is only if you haven't seen it around during the day time. Still a bit creepy sure..

12 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I have a small request: could we get an action of 5 items when pressing shift+craft?

EG: you click craft rope you get one rope. You shift+click craft rope, you get 5 ropes(given that you have enough materials for it). It would apply to most craftables.

But it would take five times as long

6 hours ago, Destros09 said:

But it would take five times as long

Nah I suppose only one animation should replace the creation of the 5 items as well. The cost of materials will remain the same of course.

Also if you do have materials to craft at least 1, but not 5, pressing shift click will give you the max amount that you can afford at that time, be it just 1, 2, 3 or 4.

This would make the "clicking game" when you are trying to mass produce squared stones for walls, or ropes for drying racks, 5x faster.
It could also be applied to making helmets for the team before battles and many other things. I believe 5 is a fair number. The clicking game will still exist but strongly reduced in time.

Archived