Sims 4 - Wilson's Cabin

I don't know why I haven't shared this here yet. Nearly half a year ago I built Wilson's Cabin in Sims 4 and I'm pretty extremely pleased with it.

Front Exterior: 03-27-17_12-14-50nbspAM.png 

Back Exterior:  03-27-17_12-15-08nbspAM.png

First Floor: 03-27-17_12-33-13nbspAM.png

Second Floor: 03-27-17_12-33-17nbspAM.png

Attic: 03-27-17_12-18-33nbspAM.png

Here's a link where you can download it. I don't have any mods or expansions on this, so it should work no matter what version of Sims 4 you have.

• Like 6

Second floor Details

Stairwell of hidden clutter

03-27-17_12-17-21nbspAM.png

Guest bedroom. It never gets used, but a gentleman must always be prepared. ((please don't mind the old computer there. I know he shouldn't have one being from the 1920's, but sims without computers are super whiny about it. I got the oldest model I could to compensate.))

03-27-17_12-18-15nbspAM.png

Master Bedroom:

03-27-17_12-17-57nbspAM.png

• Like 4

Hey, cool!  So glad to see somebody else here doing Sims.  :)  I myself have done Wilson's house in Sims 3...kinda.  Basically I found this awesome old-timey-style house that was already almost era-perfect, tweaked it up some (mainly taking out everything blatantly modern--and turned off his cell phone 'cos the game insists that EVERYBODY _has_ to have one), and then did the _attic_ up to look like his weatherbeaten crazy inventor's shack.  So I guess it's more kind of the nicer house he might've started off in AND the cabin in the woods he's in later, I guess

...unfortunately I have very few nice actual pictures of the place itself yet.  But these are awesome!  And I'd totally say it's fine to do custom Sims stuff here; after all, if you put in a lot of work to make it resemble stuff from Don't Starve it's still relevant, right?  Right!  (Seriously, anybody who hasn't spent forever tweaking sliders back and forth JUST so--and going on epic custom-content hunts!--until they think they're gonna go crazy because it still.  doesn't.  look.  RIGHT! has no idea how much effort it can take for even one character, let alone their whole house...)

...Notorious

Edited by CaptainChaotica
  • Like 2

...and me, I just went "Art style, duh.  I mean, even some ANIMALS have paws that are just black lines!"  (Catcoons, lookin' at you.)  So I got around this whole problem by making my Wilson with just ordinary bare arms beneath his rolled-up sleeves.  Kinda bugs me when cosplayers do the arm-warmer thing, too.  Dude, that's a goth GIRL thing, it's way too modern, and again...art style!

Not yelling at you, by the way, Ircangirl!  just...I've never found the need to be so _literal_.  : P  My Wilson (in Sims 3) for comparison, looks like this:

simwilsoninvents1.png

While the hair _is_ custom content, (...might be a mod-forward from a Sims TWO hair I like, actually--it's a bit familiar) I think the rest of the clothes are from...maybe expansion packs, but still Maxis.  HowEVer, I've got kind of a _fundamental_ unfair advantage over you here, as 3 has the wonderful awesome miracleness that is ~Create-A-Style~  (choir of angels)  Don't see the thing you like in the colour/pattern you like?  MAKE IT that way!  In other words, I had only to find, say, the right shape for Wilson's vest-shirt-and-tie combo, and then the original colours didn't matter.

...and I swear the picture wasn't that blurry when I took it.  : P

But now I've got this hilarious mash-up of Wilson and Mettaton in my head (the most FABULOUS scientist ever, dahling), and that cooking picture...it looks like maybe Undyne came over?  "COOK WITH FEROCITY! _ALL_ THE FIRE!!"

...and so now in my head Undyne and Willow are hanging out together, possibly also with Wigfrid (because WARRIOR CHICKS!!), and...actually this is starting to sound like one of my typical Sims neighborhoods.  They've been gigantic crossover messes ever since Sims 1.  XD

...Notorious

• Like 3

8 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

But now I've got this hilarious mash-up of Wilson and Mettaton in my head (the most FABULOUS scientist ever, dahling), and that cooking picture...it looks like maybe Undyne came over?  "COOK WITH FEROCITY! _ALL_ THE FIRE!!"

...and so now in my head Undyne and Willow are hanging out together, possibly also with Wigfrid (because WARRIOR CHICKS!!), and...actually this is starting to sound like one of my typical Sims neighborhoods.  They've been gigantic crossover messes ever since Sims 1.  XD

I came for the Undertale references and now I wanna see this crossover (yes there's already an UnderStarve but not with these characters fused/hanging out :p )

8 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

...and me, I just went "Art style, duh.  I mean, even some ANIMALS have paws that are just black lines!"  (Catcoons, lookin' at you.)  So I got around this whole problem by making my Wilson with just ordinary bare arms beneath his rolled-up sleeves.  Kinda bugs me when cosplayers do the arm-warmer thing, too.  Dude, that's a goth GIRL thing, it's way too modern, and again...art style!

Well... I mean... Wilson has glothes in my DS comic (._. ) this was before I realized he doesn't actually wear gloves... but I kept it consistent for the sake of the comic. Might edit it out later but it'll look weird at first :?

Oh, don't feel bad--it's just a little pet peeve I happen to have because...I'm old and persnickety?  Not sure.  Anyway, I'm kind of a stickler for staying with the original time period ('cos the fact that most of the characters _do_ come from the '20s and the game stays consistent with that--even down to the _music_--is AWESOME!) and that's just...not a male or 1920's thing to wear.  It's a Hot Topic thing to wear.  : P  I even have a pair of arm-warmer things like that, (these particular ones are in a very Tim-Burtony white-and-black-striped pattern) that I wore for sort of a cute "happy-goth" style witch costume.  In 2013.  : P 

Out of curiosity I went and looked up full-body in-game pictures of all the characters, and...now that I really look at everyone's arms, I can see where people are possibly getting this from.  I thought for sure other characters had black scribble arms and hands too but almost NOBODY does!  I was very surprised.  Maxwell (Waxwell), now he has arms/hands really close to Wilson's. Although I don't see him wearing those long glove things either.  (Wes has black arms and then white hands; since he's a mime he could very easily actually _be_ wearing a long-sleeved black shirt and then white gloves under his stripey shirt.  In that costume-type's case it makes sense.)

At any rate:  You do you.  Tons of Don't Starve fanartists, including really, amazingly, jaw-droppingly, _gorgeous_-artmakers, have done Wilson with those sleeve...glove...things. If it's good enough for them it's good enough for you.  :)

(And I'd try to do that particular crossover fanart, but I've never done anybody from Undertale yet and am still really new at Don't Starve characters, so it'd probably be a mess.  Heh.  In the meantime:  Must...check...out...Understarve...)

(EDIT:  I now have.  A little bit.  1.  A picture in which, among other crossovers, Undyne was being Wigfrid was one of the first things I found (unsurprisingly).  2.  Oh...!  If only you COULD actually defeat the hounds by _petting_ them...! and 3. Death By GLOMMER. That is all.  XD)

...Notorious

Edited by CaptainChaotica
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

(And I'd try to do that particular crossover fanart, but I've never done anybody from Undertale yet and am still really new at Don't Starve characters, so it'd probably be a mess. Heh.

In the meantime:  Must...check...out...Understarve...)

Yeah I've only drawn Sans and Frisk so far ^^; (but Frisk wasn't given enough attention in the piece so s/he came out looking like a monkey XD )

Oh you should check out this guy on DA. He has all the character crossovers + an ongoing comic ^_^

Ouch!  If he was THAT solidly black on that much of his body, I think he'd already be essentially dead.  But yeah... If you've never really seen it properly, a burned Sim--even when actually dead--is never solid black.  Instead, they tend to have random black scorched patches all over their bodies, with some normal skin still showing, and a light patina of soot over everything.  And, of course, cartoon-just-got-hit-by-a-lightning-bolt crispy hair.  : P 

...actually, in Sims 2, on girls it looks rather like Shadow-Charlie's hair.  :D  Here I was going to show a picture of a scorched Sim (a screenshot I already had, since it was a household I was documenting and I remembered somebody got hit by lightning*), except I just realised that since she had a custom skin tone, the burned overlay was a little glitchy and her face still looks totally normal while the rest of her is scorched.  Heh.

How do I know this so well?  It happens to EVERY Simmer at some point. Every.  Even if you _are_ being careful!  And lots of players very deliberately aren't...

ANYway.  Sorry to keep hijacking your thread, Icrangirl.  Eek.

...Notorious

*_Seconds_ after the lightning happened, somebody else got kidnapped by aliens!  Like, the shots I took of the flying saucer taking off have the scorched person _right_ there in the background, freaking out.  It was that kind of household.

• Like 1