Maybe liquids shouldn't work like this?

15 minutes ago, Ghosticus said:

Or...or...or.... Dig down one more tile. ;)

Here's a vat for polluted water. The same thing happens - do you have another convenient, lightly condescending solution for this? The pump on the left created a "vacuum" around itself and didn't make use of the remaining water since it attaches itself to the floor.

20170325170836_1.jpg

1 minute ago, KyCygni said:

Here's a vat for polluted water. The same thing happens - do you have another convenient, lightly condescending solution for this?

An unfortunate reality to the current physics is that liquids can hardly move through single tile spaces. This is not a permanent feature, though. I make all of my liquid vats very large, and filters and valves placed way above the tank.

What exactly are you trying to acomplish? Maybe I can offer a more efficient method. And no mean to sound condesending really, it's just, that would have been my first actiom before thinking about more pumps.

1 hour ago, KyCygni said:

So I'll have to either mop all of this away, or destroy and build pumps every two spaces. That isn't fun. Does it have to be this way?

I think you have very small amounts of water that just look big so maybe mop is not bad idea.

Liquids do not mix (same with gas). So when you have small amount of polluted water at the bottom and small amount of clean water on top of it... it would look even more strange if there would be thin clean water liquid layer "flying" in the air above thin layer of polluted water.

BA0A6735018F552DDD22BF6FC2ED313E12396488

yah water physics are a little weird that pile still standing like that after 30 cycles is  well kinda hard to understand the top air pressure is way higher then the gass in the tunnel and that's still not moving the pudding pile

Archived