The Lazy Deserter rework suggestion.

First off let me say I love the concept of this item. Getting from place to place in an instant is an amazing and welcome addition to the game.

With that being said there is a glaring downside to this item that leads me to believe a rework would make it feel more fun and rewarding.

Having to get another player go to one of the TLD's (short for lazy deserters) to be able to summon the other player(s) can be taxing. The effort already taken to obtain and create this item in the first place can be quite time consuming and rightfully so, however the dependence of a large player base to even make great use of this item makes it difficult to take advantage of and does not feel great to use sometimes.

That in mind, here is the rework suggestion I propose to the devs and the players.

- Instead of having TLD rely on a player to activate it for another player, make it to where when activated by a player it will bring up a mini map of other TLD's set in the world, upon clicking TLD's location it will teleport you to that spot at the expense of a desert stone and sanity drain.

The mini map will have the same map discovery as what the player has personally already explored.

I believe this rework would be far more beneficial than the current design and does not rely so heavily on players to sit or be in key locations to even use the item to begin with. It would still be promoting team play as well, being that you would still have to collect desert stones to be able to use TLD and players would all be able to gather to key locations much quicker with far less of a hassle.

Thanks for taking the time to read through this suggestion, feedback and constructive criticism is always welcome.

You are just being too lazy. Even huge world is still quite small if you know where to go. Just build one of ocuvigils instead. (or go with cheaper version of it by using lense with gem only)

Personally I'd prefer having a road made of fireflies, rather then lazy deserter. Just because it looks super epic(though fireflies are finite)

On 3/25/2017 at 7:55 PM, Chaosky said:

Instead of having TLD rely on a player to activate it for another player, make it to where when activated by a player it will bring up a mini map of other TLD's set in the world, upon clicking TLD's location it will teleport you to that spot at the expense of a desert stone and sanity drain.

the map shows you which TLD is being activated at the moment (all of them are seen on even unrevealed maps like you can see any socketed lenses), as well as desert stone shows his spikes whenever any TLD is activated too

On 3/25/2017 at 0:55 PM, Chaosky said:

First off let me say I love the concept of this item. Getting from place to place in an instant is an amazing and welcome addition to the game.

With that being said there is a glaring downside to this item that leads me to believe a rework would make it feel more fun and rewarding.

Having to get another player go to one of the TLD's (short for lazy deserters) to be able to summon the other player(s) can be taxing. The effort already taken to obtain and create this item in the first place can be quite time consuming and rightfully so, however the dependence of a large player base to even make great use of this item makes it difficult to take advantage of and does not feel great to use sometimes.

That in mind, here is the rework suggestion I propose to the devs and the players.

- Instead of having TLD rely on a player to activate it for another player, make it to where when activated by a player it will bring up a mini map of other TLD's set in the world, upon clicking TLD's location it will teleport you to that spot at the expense of a desert stone and sanity drain.

The mini map will have the same map discovery as what the player has personally already explored.

I believe this rework would be far more beneficial than the current design and does not rely so heavily on players to sit or be in key locations to even use the item to begin with. It would still be promoting team play as well, being that you would still have to collect desert stones to be able to use TLD and players would all be able to gather to key locations much quicker with far less of a hassle.

Thanks for taking the time to read through this suggestion, feedback and constructive criticism is always welcome.

nah

On 3/27/2017 at 7:13 AM, Rellimarual said:

I'm pretty sure the whole point of this is to force cooperation. I've mostly been playing in a solo world lately, so this thing is completely useless to me, but I can live with that, given that this IS a multiplayer game.

Great points Rellimarual, I just feel that it would be nice to have more uses out of it regardless of the amount of players online. I do believe cooperation would still be enforced considering as it stands one would have to travel alone to summon the rest anyway. In this form everyone could be prepared and all enter an area at the same time, thus making it a form of cooperative gameplay still.

Thanks for the input.

nah

Disapproval is fine and all but I was hoping one would contribute a tad more to the topic.

To each their own though. 

the map shows you which TLD is being activated at the moment (all of them are seen on even unrevealed maps like you can see any socketed lenses), as well as desert stone shows his spikes whenever any TLD is activated too

Ah, yes that may be the case however, i'm more interested in its teleportation feature being tweaked a bit more so than the vision it provides on the map.

Archived