Showcase for tidy bases

6 hours ago, disies said:

Nice!

I'm glad you find inspiration here. Thanks for posting. I hope you keep us updated if you add some more to your base.. : )

I have pigs and bunnymen but my computer is  so old that I have to keep them a couple of screens away or the lag around base becomes unbearable.  Until I upgrade, I'll probably never be able to make it any more elaborate than this, sadly.

7 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

My solo base is nothing special, but worth posting because, inspired by @disies, I used all that excess flint to make some edging on my flower garden. Also, I am pretty pleased with the Moon Terrace.

solo base.png

Moon Terrace.png

Do you really need that many amulets

2 hours ago, JustAPineapple said:

Thought i might put my old cave base here, its not the best and there's not much to it but i think it looks nice for what little there is5B54E2083229D6A80501334E6C8789D081B1A6E3

It does look nice! Thanks for showing. : )

5 hours ago, xxVERSUSxy said:

Wilds biome, Ruins, main base model on a public dedicated DST server (05.05.2017):

05-05-2017_base-model_1

05-05-2017_base-model_2

As always very nice! Love the small amount of light from the balls and placing carpeted flooring every second tile makes it look really organized. I mean it is any way but yeah, it adds up. Thanks again for showing. :wilson_love:

Nothing compared to the amazing bases on here but this is my solo base.   My favorite spot is in the back of the base where I can see two different biomes, sometimes I just stand there for a minute contemplating.  

20170501233152_1.jpg

20170501233047_1.jpg

20170501233207_1.jpg

4 minutes ago, Mencken said:

My favorite spot is in the back of the base where I can see two different biomes, sometimes I just stand there for a minute contemplating.  

Which spot do you mean? The second or the third shot? I like your third shot. Nice view. It is completely different from what I would do. Like it. I like this topic a little more when someone is posting something that I would not do or consider. Thanks for that :wilson_flower:

5 hours ago, Apchi said:

I love to build compact, practical but still cozy bases, requiring not more then 2 flingos (Solo):

20170503003058_1.jpg

A26jchkzhRQ.jpg

Nice! It does look very cozy! Impressive work defeating the bosses solo.

Is one of these bases your current one?

This is still WIP but here are some screens I took last night (mostly) from a world I play with a friend of mine. First three screens are a capture of the map while the rest are screens of our latest base/zoo which now resides in what used to be a huge spider infested rocky biome. It's still a bit barren and it lacks some decoration, but we are getting there. I also took a pic of the spoils left from Bearger performing population control on the Beefalo. RIP

P.S. If anyone is gonna ask how we got so many houndious shootious so quickly, we re-spawned the guardian with the console in our world, as we started it long before ruins regen was ever a thing. If you look closely at the map, you'll see that the oasis is actually Dfly's middle magma pond, where she re-spawns. You'll also see two critter dens and bee queen hives, as these things didn't spawn naturally in our world at first.

Spoiler

20170507151510_1.jpg

20170507151521_1.jpg

20170507151530_1.jpg

20170507184450_1.jpg

20170507222658_1.jpg

20170507222716_1.jpg

20170507222724_1.jpg

20170507222733_1.jpg

20170507223144_1.jpg

20170507223149_1.jpg

20170507223200_1.jpg

20170507223220_1.jpg

20170507223241_1.jpg

20170507233151_1.jpg

20170421231226_1.jpg

20170507120749_1.jpg

Hi @pofil. Nice work! Considering that your world is at 2000+ I don't think having so many houndius was "quickly". But anyway, I'm curious what you guys gonna add to your world. Please keep showing. I like the stone wall markers at your roads.

I also wanted to build a chessboard but the checkered flooring overlapped the forest turf and that is bothering me, so now it is unfinished. Placing cobblestone inbetween makes it look so stretched. *sigh* But I like the carpeted flooring around your chessboard.

What does the "4:20" mean?

On 2017-5-6 at 0:56 AM, Apchi said:

I love to build compact, practical but still cozy bases, requiring not more then 2 flingos (Solo):

+1 for compact designs. (Although your examples are still too big/spread-out IMHO :) )

I prototyped a design for the "central area" with 2 flingos I would leave running continuously during summer. Took a while (and a lot of wood) to (somewhat) implement it on the server proper. Prototype:

Spoiler

20170418205024_1.jpg

Playing with it on my proper server, 2 things are missing in the prototype:

• It's better to have the shroom + gekko farms close by, and the gekko farm must be covered by a flingo, otherwise gekkos die to fire.
  • I generally don't bother putting non-stackables in chests (and indeed, the chests in the prototype are barely enough to hold stackable resources), so I thought dropping tools, wearables, packages and whatnot in the middle would be enough... But it's not, as trying to catch spores from a funcap is real nightmare will all that mess lying about.

So I prototyped the farm area with drop-off space at least for food packages. The prototype map had no space in the area where I'd put it in the proper server, but it would be right next to central area:

Spoiler

20170508165210_1.jpg

I'll have to dedicate some extra space for tools/weapons outside the flingo range - it's not they burn, anyway...

59 minutes ago, myxal said:

+1 for compact designs. (Although your examples are still too big/spread-out IMHO :) )

I prototyped a design for the "central area" with 2 flingos I would leave running continuously during summer. Took a while (and a lot of wood) to (somewhat) implement it on the server proper. Prototype:

Hide contents

20170418205024_1.jpg

Playing with it on my proper server, 2 things are missing in the prototype:

• It's better to have the shroom + gekko farms close by, and the gekko farm must be covered by a flingo, otherwise gekkos die to fire.
  • I generally don't bother putting non-stackables in chests (and indeed, the chests in the prototype are barely enough to hold stackable resources), so I thought dropping tools, wearables, packages and whatnot in the middle would be enough... But it's not, as trying to catch spores from a funcap is real nightmare will all that mess lying about.

So I prototyped the farm area with drop-off space at least for food packages. The prototype map had no space in the area where I'd put it in the proper server, but it would be right next to central area:

Hide contents

20170508165210_1.jpg

I'll have to dedicate some extra space for tools/weapons outside the flingo range - it's not they burn, anyway...

Well done! Because of the flingo one is forced to build differently and I really like the form of your gekko pen. Nice. Thanks for showing

:wilson_flower:

2 hours ago, disies said:

Weed farm! :D

4 hours ago, pofil said:

This is still WIP but here are some screens I took last night (mostly) from a world I play with a friend of mine. First three screens are a capture of the map while the rest are screens of our latest base/zoo which now resides in what used to be a huge spider infested rocky biome.
<snip>

Wait, are you saying that the forest turf surrounding the zoo pens (top left corner in the first map shot) is also replanted? Because I was wondering how you got such a large forest biome that doesn't seem to regrow... I have a base in a grassland biome and trees, bushes and whatnot regrows randomly wherever I haven't replaced the turf with flooring. (Not that I mind - I can always use an extra berry bush to replace a diseased one.)

Hi @pofil. Nice work! Considering that your world is at 2000+ I don't think having so many houndius was "quickly". But anyway, I'm curious what you guys gonna add to your world. Please keep showing. I like the stone wall markers at your roads.

Thanks, we've already added a bit of detail but I will post once more when it feels complete. May take a while.

I also wanted to build a chessboard but the checkered flooring overlapped the forest turf and that is bothering me, so now it is unfinished. Placing cobblestone inbetween makes it look so stretched. *sigh* But I like the carpeted flooring around your chessboard.

Yeah, building the chessboard was a pain. We played with turf quite a bit and to be honest, if you don't have tamed beefalo to move the pieces around, our chess is practically unplayable. But I think it looks awesome at least and I'm glad we found a place in the world where it fits and doesn't get in the way of anything.:)

3 hours ago, myxal said:

Weed farm! :D

Pretty much.. yeah :D That or we had way too much space that we didn't know what to do with.

3 hours ago, myxal said:

Wait, are you saying that the forest turf surrounding the zoo pens (top left corner in the first map shot) is also replanted? Because I was wondering how you got such a large forest biome that doesn't seem to regrow... I have a base in a grassland biome and trees, bushes and whatnot regrows randomly wherever I haven't replaced the turf with flooring. (Not that I mind - I can always use an extra berry bush to replace a diseased one.)

Top left where the zoo pens are used to be all rocky turf, which is now paved across the overworld and caves in the form of cobblestone roads (recently counted 600 tiles of cobble just in the caves).  After we dug it all up and started building a base there, we filled the blanks with turf dug up from our other bases, places on the map we didn't care about, etc. So any turf you see there was put there by us. We do get occasional twiggy trees and juicy berry bushes re-appear along the lumpy evergreens near our main road. They don't get in the way that much though, and if anything the juicy berries are welcome.  We do have problems with lureplants however, and we are debating just switching them off from world options... Having man made turf in the zoo pens just does not work aesthetically but the lureplants keep eating our no eyed deer and koalas and it's getting really annoying.

7 minutes ago, pofil said:

Having man made turf in the zoo pens just does not work aesthetically but the lureplants keep eating our no eyed deer and koalas and it's getting really annoying.

There's (AFAIK) 1 natural turf that blocks eyeplants - sandy. Though granted, other than voltgoats, the animals would look out of their habitat if they all had sandy turf in their pens.

And respect for all that turf-moving. o_0

Archived