Showcase for tidy bases

I'd love to see nicely decorated and tidy bases. Show me some screenshots of your base with as few items lying on the ground as possible. Everyone can stack their stuff and spread it out, so please only clean bases. Show me that you took some time in decorating it. They don't have to be big or symmetrical (since I also mess up a lot on that subject D:). Small and nice details are also very much appreciated.

Here are some pictures of my current base. It is still work in progress and I plan on putting walls up next.

If anyone has some suggestions how I could improve my base, please let me hear it. :wilson_flower:

Spoiler

20170325161038_1.jpg20170325161131_1.jpg20170325161148_1.jpg

I will also update from time to time if I made some progress worth noting

Oh, really like this kind of topics, nice to have new ideas for base decoration c:
I like to create bases like they are real villages, with mobs like pigmen, bunnies and rock lobsters to give life to the enviorment 

Some pictures I took from my actual base in caves:

The entrance:

20170326161133_1.jpg

20170326161120_1.jpg

The main hall:

20170326160542_1.jpg

20170326160850_1.jpg

(The way the pig houses look during night is so nice)

20170326161046_1.jpg

The place where Margarida used to live :c

20170326160653_1.jpg

20170326161027_1.jpg

And the garden. Planning to build some rabbit huts around it

20170326160731_1.jpg

I end up building more than "playing" this game haha, hope you enjoyed c:

1 hour ago, Amanda Pikachu said:

Oh, really like this kind of topics, nice to have new ideas for base decoration c:
I like to create bases like they are real villages, with mobs like pigmen, bunnies and rock lobsters to give life to the enviorment 

Some pictures I took from my actual base in caves:

The entrance:

20170326161133_1.jpg

20170326161120_1.jpg

The main hall:

20170326160542_1.jpg

20170326160850_1.jpg

(The way the pig houses look during night is so nice)

20170326161046_1.jpg

The place where Margarida used to live :c

20170326160653_1.jpg

20170326161027_1.jpg

And the garden. Planning to build some rabbit huts around it

20170326160731_1.jpg

I end up building more than "playing" this game haha, hope you enjoyed c:

YOUR BASE IS SOOOOOOO COOL O_O

24 minutes ago, Mencken said:

Btw, on above ground elaborate bases are the hounds turned off?   They just don't seem practical otherwise.   

Hounds always target players when they first spawn in. So as long as you have a field of tooth traps and stand in it then everything should be fine. I personally like to put a flingo in my trap fields to stop the fire hounds from burnning everything as well.

Sure, but what I was alluding to was very advanced players who turn off the hounds when they appear (somehow) because it's disruptive.   

I don't mind the hounds, they are a nice unpredictable feature and it keeps you in shape while off base.   Tooth traps are ok but not a self renewing system.    I find that the Hondius Shootius isn't all its cooked up to be, it can easily be destroyed and is rather high maintenance.

With the ability to regenerate ruins having six or more of these might be equal to the task of bringing a giant down with a little help.

28 minutes ago, Mencken said:

I find that the Hondius Shootius isn't all its cooked up to be, it can easily be destroyed and is rather high maintenance.

I find this kind of funny, how the Houndius Shootius works. Surprisingly it's not exactly good at dealing with hound attacks. It is much better for mob farms. Personally I use them to make sure no gosh darn bloody monkeys get into my basr when I'm going in. I also use them to farm monkeys at the same time. Since they'll target anything aggro'd on you, I get a bunch monkeys mad at me and then stand next to the houndius while they get shot down 1 by 1.

I'd share my base, but it's the exact opposite of tidy.

2 hours ago, Mencken said:

The person who posted the cave base, what a beautiful entrance!   Btw, on above ground elaborate bases are the hounds turned off?   They just don't seem practical otherwise.   

I don't turn off anything. I have two toothtrap fields and also as Wickerbottom my "on tentacles" with me. If I hear them I get rid of my backpack and run forward. And because I hate surprises I have always 2 meals in my inventory, resources for campfires/torches and a lot of other junk. Up until now everything went well. If I decide to venture out I mostly go after a hound wave attacked me/and or the seasonal boss has been defeated. This way I make sure that nothing disturbs me. It needs a little planning but it keeps me save from too much action. :D

Work so far, those rook walls were for a spider pen but the spiders kept escaping when I got off screen :thinking:, I have alot of pig villages cause the PK needs a large following :p, one of them is for killing the Goose exclusively.

These bases are spectacular! I love the ingenuity people show in designing special areas like the throne room, but most of all how you use the basic features of the world, like trees, turf and berry bushes. I must admit, I find bases that are "paved over' into big rectangles of pure functionality to be depressing, given that the world DS characters inherit has been so beautifully and stylishly designed in the first place.

Ty @FoxZilla c:

11 hours ago, mochilo said:

Wow @Amanda Pikachu your cave looks more confy than my bedroom.

Both my Wicker base and the only cave base I made would scare away any kind of tidy human being. xD

Haha thank you Mochilo

It sure is more comfy than mine too xD

10 hours ago, Zeruul said:

Are those..... lantern glitch?

No its a mod, DST Path Lights

9 hours ago, disies said:

@Amanda Pikachu very lovely base! I'm in love! I plan on doing some kind of gardens too. My above ground bunnies and piggies will get nice things as well.. Do you also have a surface base?

Thanks Disies c:

Gardens are so nice to do and end up looking so pretty especially with mushrooms and birch trees

i dont like building surface bases because it's a dedicated server and several people join everyday, while most people tend to be nice, sometimes there is always a troll that will make bearger run trough your base. Its a little disapointing to have your work destroyed by some random a**hole :/ 

6 hours ago, CutChemist said:

Work so far, those rook walls were for a spider pen but the spiders kept escaping when I got off screen :thinking:, I have alot of pig villages cause the PK needs a large following :p, one of them is for killing the Goose exclusively.

wow your base is so nice with a lot of things that I would never be able to acomplish, like the bee queen hats and the frog lights o.o (these lights were something that I always wanted to have in my bases) 

I loved how you use the berry bushes to decorate too, the little pig villages are so adorable <3

8 minutes ago, RobertoRezende said:

Wow!! @Amanda Pikachu ´s base is really cozy. amazing design. 

Ty Roberto c:

7 hours ago, CutChemist said:

nice work! I love your throne out of moonstone!

what are those shiny spiky things at 1:45? And this alter shaped statue? I've never seen this before.. Fascinating how I still discover new things <3

*edit: Would you mind showing a screenshot of your map? i'm curious how big it is in relation to the world.

21 minutes ago, Amanda Pikachu said:

Thanks Disies c:

Gardens are so nice to do and end up looking so pretty especially with mushrooms and birch trees

i dont like building surface bases because it's a dedicated server and several people join everyday, while most people tend to be nice, sometimes there is always a troll that will make bearger run trough your base. Its a little disapointing to have your work destroyed by some random a**hole :/ 

I see. Because of trolling I'm playing completely alone. Everything takes longer of course but I enjoy my progress.. Today I planned some kind of park in between my bunny and pig villages. Some kind of gathering place and it seems that it's going to be rather large. I hope I find some time to play soon and start my project.. can't wait.. :3

1 hour ago, disies said:

I see. Because of trolling I'm playing completely alone. Everything takes longer of course but I enjoy my progress.. Today I planned some kind of park in between my bunny and pig villages. Some kind of gathering place and it seems that it's going to be rather large. I hope I find some time to play soon and start my project.. can't wait.. :3

Its fun to play online just to interact with others, sometimes something funny happens too, and reading the chat log makes the gathering resources process a little less tedious for me, but I agree, if you want to build something really really nice without worries, playing alone is your best option.

Cant wait to see how its going to look in the end c: 

5 hours ago, RobertoRezende said:

@CutChemist You also have a megabase. Impressive base! I loved the throne area. One question: How did you manage to put those chess pieces perfectly aligned?

Thank you, I used body armor to drop the pieces more precise and just kept realigning if it looked off.

5 hours ago, disies said:

nice work! I love your throne out of moonstone!

what are those shiny spiky things at 1:45? And this alter shaped statue? I've never seen this before.. Fascinating how I still discover new things <3

*edit: Would you mind showing a screenshot of your map? i'm curious how big it is in relation to the world.

Thank you :) The spiky things I think you're referring to are the glass statues from Antlion. They currently decorate my sanity station. MY map is set to huge, currently im using almost all the PK decidious.

tSJYSa3.jpg

5 hours ago, Amanda Pikachu said:

wow your base is so nice with a lot of things that I would never be able to acomplish, like the bee queen hats and the frog lights o.o (these lights were something that I always wanted to have in my bases) 

I loved how you use the berry bushes to decorate too, the little pig villages are so adorable <3

Thank you, I really love your cave base, as someone who builds cave bases on pubs id say thats one of the best ive seen

Archived