Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kasuha

Liquid Tepidizer and Space Heater should NOT overheat at 75 C

6 posts in this topic

It is both unrealistic and inconvenient in terms of gameplay for these two to overheat at 75 degrees. Heaters in general can sustain much higher temperatures by nature, the heating element in them is often at much higher temperature than the temperature to which the heated medium is heated. And we should be able to boil water using these. If devs claimed that they don't want to prevent players from doing so, why do they actually do that?

I am aware there are hacks that make tepidizer to boil water, but they're hacks. It should be possible simply by sinking the tepidizer into the water and running it until the water boils, without damaging the tepidizer - just like it's done in each regular electric kettle.

3 people like this

dev make Liquid tepidizer to prevent water become ice :) because Pollution water have more lower frozen temperature 

electric kettle. have termal breaker ^^ dev made same to but not as one ^^

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, sai05 said:

electric kettle. have termal breaker

It does not prevent me to boil water in it. And in case I forget to put water in it, it prevents the kettle from breaking. Tepidizer will break at 75 C.

Edited by Kasuha

9 hours ago, charesd said:

make it out of gold? +50 overheat temp

Heh yeah, figured that out in the meantime. It still stops heating at 80 some C (unless abused). And its energy consumption is insane.

I agree that the power usage for Tepidizer is ridiculous and make it almost unusable on a collective power grid.

I am linking a topic that I mention a way to stabilize the power system to allow for higher power usage without overload the grid.