How are people managing temperatures?

Been playing the game for a while and have 'mastered' most parts of the game, to a point where I'm fairly comfortable and pretty much had a self sustaining environment up until around cycle 150. But then things started overheating... and I cannot seem to control it! Would really appreciate some help, want to get that under control so I can explore a bit and try some other things without constant repairs going on.

Things could well be bugged, I built a coal generator after they were fixed using copper and dripped water on it, but it didn't need it. The one 2 tiles away from it was built from gold but did need the extra cooling.

Anyway,  base started to get a little warm with stuff stifling, so I decided to add a gas cooler (Outside the base), this thing overheats within about 20 seconds. Tried making it out of copper/gold/wolframite, nothing works. Tried adding a second one thinking it could share the heat, tried adding a hand cooler next to it, tried adding insulated pipes leading in and out, tried adding algae terrarium next to it. Can not get the thing to keep cool, which is annoying as it's the thing supposed to cool stuff. Also my water purifier keeps overheating within seconds, similar situation. And next the batteries have all started overheating. And the other stuff is starting to get dangerous now.

I'm out of ideas on this one so would really appreciate help! I'd attach my save file if I knew how to get it, so if that's useful please link a guide and I'll do it. 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Insert_Name_Here said:

Things could well be bugged, I built a coal generator after they were fixed using copper and dripped water on it, but it didn't need it. The one 2 tiles away from it was built from gold but did need the extra cooling.

Anyway,  base started to get a little warm with stuff stifling, so I decided to add a gas cooler (Outside the base), this thing overheats within about 20 seconds. Tried making it out of copper/gold/wolframite, nothing works. Tried adding a second one thinking it could share the heat, tried adding a hand cooler next to it, tried adding insulated pipes leading in and out, tried adding algae terrarium next to it. Can not get the thing to keep cool, which is annoying as it's the thing supposed to cool stuff. Also my water purifier keeps overheating within seconds, similar situation. And next the batteries have all started overheating. And the other stuff is starting to get dangerous now.

I'm out of ideas on this one so would really appreciate help! I'd attach my save file if I knew how to get it, so if that's useful please link a guide and I'll do it. 

Thanks!

First of all , try to build heat generating machines with gold almag in cold biome , Also make use of all the wheeze you can find. ( Cold air sinks , best is to build machines at bottom of cold biome.

I don't think wolframite's properties  works yet , use  gold for extra overheat temperature instead for now until they add it in.

Also if you mined the Abysallite ...which they act as a heat insulation you might have to build insulation for your base if too much heat travels into your base.

Not the best setup but i never had any issues with machines overheating other than the coal generator.

I have issues with coal generators overheating , the only way is disabling and enabling or not use it at all for now.  Unless... some1 else has a better solution =P

20170325111612_1.jpg

20170325111632_1.jpg

20170325111646_1.jpg

I drip water over my generators and batteries and let it drain into the water tank below. No need to use a liquid valve either because you want the most cooling possible. Also, make sure the water isn't hot like from a Geyser. I don't even bother with the Ice Biome since the game generated them quite a bit away from my starting position.

457140_20170324213350_1.png

3 hours ago, Duvinn said:

I don't even bother with the Ice Biome since the game generated them quite a bit away from my starting position.

Wow really? I'd love to know your map seed. I ALWAYS am either surrounded completely by Ice or have very large biomes nearby.

I was using the water drip method, was working well up into turn 80 or so when power generation was disrupted and someone couldn't use the restroom. It dripped into one of my water tanks before I could clean it up and preceded to splash water all throughout my base. So now there is a mixture fluid covering all the surfaces in my base. People are freaking out, basic maintenance is being neglected, and resources are running low. Seriously if there is one thing I want them to fix its the strange fluid splashing. Trying to clean it up now as well as moving some heat sensitive parts of my base into an ice biome.

4 hours ago, Old Spice said:

I was using the water drip method, was working well up into turn 80 or so when power generation was disrupted and someone couldn't use the restroom. It dripped into one of my water tanks before I could clean it up and preceded to splash water all throughout my base. So now there is a mixture fluid covering all the surfaces in my base. People are freaking out, basic maintenance is being neglected, and resources are running low. Seriously if there is one thing I want them to fix its the strange fluid splashing. Trying to clean it up now as well as moving some heat sensitive parts of my base into an ice biome.

Ive had water travel up ten tiles because vomit was barely dripping in.

I'm actually using my tepidyser  in a series of drip pools and water flows through my base. its on a thermal switch to shut it off if the water gets over 25c. water will heat and cool the surrounding area depending on air density. any excess heat it absorbs will reduce the need for the tepidizer to heat the water. to cool coal generators. I have been using contaminated water dripped at less than 200g/s on my generators.

the genys are  gold and sitting on wolfram mesh and permeable tiles that water drops on to batteries set up the same way .

use the gas permeable tiles as the splash point for the drip and the mesh tiles to prevent flooding

having your genys and stuff set up this way in an ice biome and  wonder why others have heat issues

On 3/25/2017 at 1:17 AM, Ghosticus said:

Wow really? I'd love to know your map seed. I ALWAYS am either surrounded completely by Ice or have very large biomes nearby.

Sorry, didn't see your quote until now. Here's a stitched screenshot of my map. The closest Ice Biome is south of the base. You can't even see it in the screen shot and you can see a bit of one at the very top right. Also, I've remodeled quite a bit so the base isn't the same as it was back then.Oni Map Stitch.png

I got lucky with my current base. Two ice biomes on either side plus one below me (which my water reservoir is resting on).

I store all the mined ice in the water which helps cool it down. 

I am trying to place wheezeworts next to my electrolyzer room, which I will expand so I can cool the oxygen before it gets pumped out.

base.png

Archived