Ancient Fuelweaver did anyone manage to kill him solo?

1 minute ago, fimmatek said:

I think the cage is all right, if you tank it there won't be much differenc anyways.

I didn't know you could out run it... As for the cage i just don't like it. There is nothing you can do to stop it or get out.

You have to just stand there and watch as this beast heals himself or take a skull to the face lol

On 25/03/2017 at 4:41 AM, jantonio said:

you have to light the 20 pile first before 40 ;>

Or how about 2 stacks of 30?

A good easy strategy with this would be crafting the skeleton, placing the gunpowder, summoning a star via starcaller staff near the gunpowders and then bringing it to life. Not 100% if that'll work, but that's the best I think that would allow you to get both stacks.

And hei, a good ude for that gunpowder I quite like :p

Just a small question: did anyone try to put it to sleep via panflute or darts, or freeze it with an ice staff? Is it possible to do so, or is it immune to these? 'Cause in the first case, igniting in the right time and place the two stacks of gunpowder would be quite easy.

Gunpowder strategy should stay for the Fuelweaver. 60 gunpowder is a crap ton of gunpowder to collect alone. It took me 3 seasons to do so.

And for those discussing how much gunpowder should be blown up at what time, blow up 20 gunpowder seperately then finish him off with the 40 gunpowders. I find it the safest way of doing it.

10 hours ago, fimmatek said:

Just a small question: did anyone try to put it to sleep via panflute or darts, or freeze it with an ice staff? Is it possible to do so, or is it immune to these? 'Cause in the first case, igniting in the right time and place the two stacks of gunpowder would be quite easy.

It doesn't sleep. I'm not sure if it can be frozen but my guess would be no.

This seems like such a silly discussion since this isn't even Joeshmocoolstuff's video.  Why don't you all just wait for him to post his solo video (cause cmon we all know he's going to) AND THEN have this silly discussion.

27 minutes ago, Clwnbaby said:

This seems like such a silly discussion since this isn't even Joeshmocoolstuff's video.  Why don't you all just wait for him to post his solo video (cause cmon we all know he's going to) AND THEN have this silly discussion.

but he has not soloed new toadstool ;>, @BluesyBuesy is ok if you dont do toad boi.

5 hours ago, jantonio said:

This is the new one that takes 80 gunpowder.

The trick is to light 1 stack of 20 to light the other stack of 20 and the 40.

My third party flammable entity transformed into..  Another stack of gunpowder!

11 hours ago, jantonio said:

This was before the patch.

This is the new one that takes 80 gunpowder.

Hide contents

Your not gonna break my solo playing bones yet klei.

In before they make him immune to gunpowder... The main hardest thing with gunpowder is getting the nitre. Charcoal is easy from lighting a forest on fire and rotten eggs can be obtained in masses after pengulls die, or you could get a bunch of monster meat from spiders/hounds, feed them to bird in a cage and let the eggs rot for the few days that they will rot for. This strat makes it extremely easy to beat him, so, my guess will be that Klei will make him immune from gunpowder because of how much cheese your strat actually is. It's even more cheese than Bee queen and tentacles!

Now that I think about it, why am I not making a bunch of gunpowder all the time and just bowing up all of the hard bosses? Well, all except toadstool...

8 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Now that I think about it, why am I not making a bunch of gunpowder all the time and just bowing up all of the hard bosses? Well, all except toadstool...

Because of all that work for a one-time thing. Tentacles or Bunnies for BQ are much more worth it for long term reusability.

If it takes a lot of work, creativity and resources, I don't see how one particular method of killing a boss (tentacle trap) is any less valid than another (kiting it, or some other form of combat). Creating a silk farm with bunny men is not a less llegitimate way to gather silk than killing every spider by hand--in fact, it's the smart thing to do. If players are clever enough to find new ways to kill bosses without burning a lot of dark swords, then in my eyes at least, they're better at the game than the ones who just fight it.

Sure, gunpowder's a given since it's the strongest damage item in the game I guess, but can we get another method of killing it that doesn't involve spawning in a ton of gunpowder before reaching day 50, I mean it's legit and all but where's the pizzazz, the showmanship, the thrill?

Like combos and stuff... I know @Zeklo featured it in his lore video where he uses the lazy explorer to get out of the bone cage and then using healing items for sanity and health... sure it'd take a while but what's a little fastforward/quick cut in editing?

Also add in the mod that shows damage dealt...

(I beat the darn thing but I can't record it and run the game or else my game would lag so much and my laptop would kick the bucket)

If anyone wants to try or not, here's what I used:

• Lazy explorer x2 - good for reducing sanity to be able to hit the unseen hands plus the walking speed is a bonus
  • 2 stacks of jerky (make like 10-20 drying racks and hunt all the koalefants and beefalo you can spare -- also took down 4 bacon and eggs if I get hungry...)
  • dark swords, about 10 - only had enough for 10 and only thought I'd need 10 cuz I was stooped
  • Fresh Hambat - for when the dark swords run out (backup and all)
  • 1 Bat Bat and 1 Thulecite Club - for variety...
  • 2 weather pains - to kill off the woven shadows getting near the Weaver so I can chase after the hands
  • about 20 taffy
  • 1 stack of greencaps
  • Telelocator Staff - to drop rocks on him, mostly for fun...
  • 20 healing salves
  • 3 jars of jelly bean(s)
  • 4 nightmare armor, 6 log suits, 2 thulecite armor, 1 thulecite crown, 1 marble suit, 7 football helmets, 
  • 4 pigmen with football helmets - I made 4 pig houses near the tentapillar that leads to the atrium
  • 4 life giving amulets (because my computer sucks and lags even when I host and died because of it; people who have the misfortune of joining my open server can attest to it)
  • Had an ice staff (because I always do) and the panflute (ditto) but they were of no help...
  • scattered most items on the ground cuz aint nobody got space fo dat

Oh, and played in summer so the Antlion can drop some boulders on it... nearly died twice from them when I was caged and almost didnt make it if it wasnt for the lazy explorer...

2 and a half in-game days of fighting it and my aunt yelling at me to have lunch or she'll turn off the wifi O__O

(no screenshots because I was too enraged at the lag to take any...)

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|1024:512&composite-to%3D%2A%2C%2A%7C1024%3A512&background-color=black

I have the Shadow Atrium again after using the god-send that is the bone armor... gonna try fighting the Shadow Weaver again another time... (that's just Daniel btw, base damage and other stats are displayed, the skull staff is just a talking walking cane named Jerry)

3 hours ago, Asparagus said:

Lazy explorer x2 - good for reducing sanity to be able to hit the unseen hands

Oh wait, I might have missed something - you can't hit the hands if you're sane? 

I fought the Fuelweaver once and I saw the hands... I guess I was already insane?...

I fought the guy with godmode on, so I can find out what his attacks are. He has the usual melee attack where he takes off his head and strikes you with it, easily kited. He has his bone cage attack, immobilizes the player. This makes kiting impossible, but I found if you stay to the edge he can't place his bones there so you can evade the cage all together. Then he has his bone rain attack, the least threatening of his attacks. They fall in a predictable way and if you just avoid the center altogether your just fine. Now, this brings me to the last attack. The most difficult, really. He spawns a bunch of "Unseen hands" Which you can only see and attack when insane. He will also spawn a bunch of woven souls, to heal him for 400 hp a piece, and the unseen hands make him invincible. He has a bit of a last attack, I'll call it corrupted mind. If your insane, he will cause your screen to turn black with shadow men, and immobilizes you for a time. IF your sane, he can't do this attack. I recommend bringing a lot of sanity healers, and a nightmare amulet (or three) as you need to be sane, and insane quite often to properly evade each attack. a weather pane or any kind of AOE attack you can get would be very useful against the wolven souls, as they got low hp. I hope this helps, OH! Spoiler alert, if you do manage to kill the guy. The ruins will reset, making the gems and Thulecite so easily renewable.

On 3/25/2017 at 3:10 AM, CarlZalph said:

Not to mention that the items were spawned in- see the fishstick stacks' durability sizes all being identical and at 100% right at the start of the video.

I mean I could go spawn in hundreds of rabbits with thulecite crowns, and dragon pies, and just beat the thing as Wes or something.

Can you not keep stacking the fries by wrapping them over and over again ?

Archived