Ancient Fuelweaver did anyone manage to kill him solo?

13 minutes ago, TemporaryMan said:

I can hardly believe it was defeated by BloodRaven.  I guess it's not going to win the loyalty of the Rogues any time soon.  

They stacked up absurdly colossal amounts of equipment and healing items. That's all that is needed to win a damage race, any player could have done the same.

And, Wigfrid.

3 minutes ago, The Curator said:

They stacked up absurdly colossal amounts of equipment and healing items. That's all that is needed to win a damage race, any player could have done the same.

And, Wigfrid.

Not to mention that the items were spawned in- see the fishstick stacks' durability sizes all being identical and at 100% right at the start of the video.

I mean I could go spawn in hundreds of rabbits with thulecite crowns, and dragon pies, and just beat the thing as Wes or something.

Just now, CarlZalph said:

Not to mention that the items were spawned in- see the fishstick stacks' durability sizes all being identical and at 100% right at the start of the video.

I mean I could go spawn in hundreds of rabbits with thulecite crowns, and dragon pies, and just beat the thing as Wes or something.

Was going to mention that as well if any protest was made to its legitimacy. Can pretty much apply that to any game, it's hardly a real empty digital accomplishment if the player just spawns in everything they need to win. Literally, enough resources so that they can win.

They need to do it themselves, without using a meta character, in order for it to be an official arbitrary act of pointlessness.

I play as wigfrid too. The amount of itens is really big  and without using console commands you can stock up pierogies or fishsticks with the bundling wrap. I will try to kill him as soon I get enough healing foods and goat horns for the weather pain.

2 minutes ago, CarlZalph said:

Webber, 60 gunpowder, killing it in under 3 seconds from spawning.

Need a flammable to set the two piles off at once or else the shadow shield phase kicks in negating the damage from the gunpowder.

you have to light the 20 pile first before 40 ;>

1 minute ago, jantonio said:

you have to light the 20 pile first before 40 ;>

Get him a little, then get him a lot.

Does stacked gunpowder work in the live game? Saw a player try it on a giant once and it did not seem like it worked. Or maybe the powder was too far.

Just now, The Curator said:

Get him a little, then get him a lot.

Does stacked gunpowder work in the live game? Saw a player try it on a giant once and it did not seem like it worked. Or maybe the powder was too far.

1. live game?

2. gunpowder needs to be close to the target.

4 minutes ago, The Curator said:

The not beta. The gunpowder seemed close, and the person said they saw on the wiki it worked in stacks. Assumed maybe some changes from the beta were mentioned in the regular wiki.

If you mean 200 damage*[# of Gunpowder in stack], then yes it works like that.

1 hour ago, The Curator said:

If they tried this on toadstool, note that toadstool will push away all items on the ground he comes near (Anti gunpowder measurements)

1 minute ago, Weirdobob said:

If they tried this on toadstool, note that toadstool will push away all items on the ground he comes near (Anti gunpowder measurements)

Arguably they should make most bosses immune to it then; as while gunpowder does require effort to make, still a pretty easy way to defeat the challenge. And seeing as you have to download a mod to have bombs in your game, which are one of the funnest things to fight with, it's not like gunpowder goes to much other use.

1 hour ago, The Curator said:

The not beta. The gunpowder seemed close, and the person said they saw on the wiki it worked in stacks. Assumed maybe some changes from the beta were mentioned in the regular wiki.

This person most likely was using the incorrect measurements from the wiki. It has values based on the original vanilla game. In DST, every boss's health is doubled (Dragonfly's is multiplied by 10) and some enemies (such as tallbirds) also get double health.

https://youtu.be/w4AwecGiYMI

The pierogies were for the shadow creatures, but none of them ever spawned for some reason.
1 Ice cream is for the quick-escape from the mind control thing that it does. If you get mind controlled after you used your gunpowder, you can't stop him from healing himself up. Now to think of it, I should've brought 1 green shroom as well.
The 'snare' attack(prisoning attack) deals damage if you are too close. The cooldown of the skill is 10 seconds. 

7 hours ago, microlattice said:

The pierogies were for the shadow creatures, but none of them ever spawned for some reason.
1 Ice cream is for the quick-escape from the mind control thing that it does. If you get mind controlled after you used your gunpowder, you can't stop him from healing himself up. Now to think of it, I should've brought 1 green shroom as well.
The 'snare' attack(prisoning attack) deals damage if you are too close. The cooldown of the skill is 10 seconds. 

I hope Klei doesn't remove the gunpowder strategy. I can't imagine fighting this thing solo without it.

8 hours ago, microlattice said:

This is not the easiest as you actually had to do some fighting.

Put 20 + 40 piles of gunpowder down by the stalker bones, and ignite the 20 pile and then the 40 pile.  Or use a flammable to try to sync both.

Ta-dah, death in under 3s.

Spoiler

wUIj7dG.png

14 hours ago, CarlZalph said:

Webber, 60 gunpowder, killing it in under 3 seconds from spawning.

Need a flammable to set the two piles off at once or else the shadow shield phase kicks in negating the damage from the gunpowder.

Ain't those 2 piles of gpowder gonna have at least 1 tick delay? Or thats meaningless?

Ah... IC ur last post now. Yet still what are the odds of them blowing up in sync?

7 minutes ago, JimmyJam said:

I don't think this boss should have the bone cage... Having two different ways to stop the player is just silly to me!

Or at the very least the bone cage should be attackable so the only way to escape isn't the lazy explorer.

30 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Or at the very least the bone cage should be attackable so the only way to escape isn't the lazy explorer.

I like the idea to use the lazy explorer for something where it is really needed. I can't think of any other situation other than weird world gen where you find an island without a wormhole. And if you obtained the lazy explorer then it is highly likely that you manage to kill all other bosses etc without really needing it either.

11 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I had ago at the boss today in god mode with buffed Wolf... It got really boring after the first 5 mins. I love everything about it. I just think getting rid of the bone cage all together or making it so you can "kill it" would make the fight much much better!

The fight goes like this:

1. wack it get stuck in bone cage... wait
  2. wack it some more
  3. get stuck becasue of the shadows
  4. his shield goes up and starts eating the fossil monster "healing"
  5. kill the hands
  6. wack him some more
  • repeat about 50 times for 30 mins...

40 minutes ago, JimmyJam said:

I don't think this boss should have the bone cage... Having two different ways to stop the player is just silly to me!

31 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I think the cage is all right, if you tank it there won't be much differenc anyways.

And actually you can outrun the mindblock-attack if you have a walking cane. When you see it starts to do it, equip the cane and run away from it, this way the blocking will end before it reaches you again it won't get a free attack. (Only the shadows, eventually... :p)

2 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I hope Klei doesn't remove the gunpowder strategy. I can't imagine fighting this thing solo without it.

I agree with that the gunpowder should stay for the bosses. This way not-that-experienced players will also have the possibility to kill more difficult giants solo (I killed Dragonfly this way the first few times), and it doesn't hurt pro players because they'll still have a better, cheaper and faster way.

Archived