Visitors auto drop everything once they logout/exit server

I'd love to see this feature, just like when people die all of their items get dropped... PLEASE make this feature available for visitors visiting other people's server, once they logout/exit the server everything gets dropped into the server. I'm sick of losing rare items, I get plenty of people visiting my server, leaching, looting, and none seem to have the common courtesy to drop the items they took from me once they leave my server -- taking all of my items with them FOREVER.

I'm a PS4 player, I've dealt with a lot of people trolling in my server, coming into my server using all of my mats to make items so they can earn trophies, taking rare loot and never returning it once they exist/logout.

I have set to "friends" only, I still get people from my PSN friends list doing this to me, they visit my server, take everything from the chests, wear rare items and logout. I tried to reach out to them to ask them if they will come back or not, i never get a reply back so the answer is probably not and all the loot they took is with their character..... I have asked them to at least log back in and drop the things they took from me but they never reply back. This is very frustrating!

I'm scared to even go into battles when I get visitors, once I remove my krampus sack to wear armor, I know one of them will take my krampus sack and then logout and never come back, it has happened before with other items..... there's no way to report these players, no way to get the items back either. This isn't fair for the host.

PLEASE make every single visitor auto drop everything they had with them once they exist/logout someone else's server.

It might be a mod already in the workshop, tho idk. Other thing is that get either better friends, or just put a password on the server and allow only the ones you trust. It comes to the fact that the game is about trust and betrayal, so gotta be careful on your decisions with who to friend with.

3 minutes ago, Mantas said:

It might be a mod already in the workshop, tho idk. Other thing is that get either better friends, or just put a password on the server and allow only the ones you trust. It comes to the fact that the game is about trust and betrayal, so gotta be careful on your decisions with who to friend with.

Unfortunately PS4 players can't use any mods/cheats. 

I deleted all of the useless/leech players off my PSN list. I've got so many people who befriended me to join my server just to come in the base sit around making an EXTRA shadow manipulator, etc... so just so they can earn the PS4 trophy for crafting it.

I kept a few people who looked experienced and had a good base of their own, I visited this guy's base too, I've never done the things he did to me though. I have manners when I visit other people's server I ask for permission if I want something, I don't go around opening every single chest looting items and not answering when asked questions... this guy did just that, he visited my base and started to open chests, getting a lot of items wearing rare stuff and logout.. he didn't even answer me when I asked him what he is doing. He logged out, then I sent him a PSN message, he didn't reply and have been ignoring me for the past 2 days... he took rare stuff and I can't get it back.

I will try to get a reply from him, if nothing then I'm deleting him off my PSN list.  I already set with password only, but it's not fair for others who host a public server and get trolled like that by randoms. It's very discouraging to even host publicly to try to make new friends in this game if things like this keeps on happening and there's no improvements. 

one of the things i'm not sure, is that if klei gonna consider about the leaving thing, might be kinda annoying if you just log out, then log back in,you'll have to repick everything all over again, and other people will be able to burn or take the other persons items while not looking. I say its not the best idea and then you could had rolled back because of the thief. Not saying that you need to cheat or anything, but just seems not fair to be robbed, if you are too late on that then there is nothing much to suggest back but to say find new friends and unfriend that guy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6 minutes ago, Mantas said:

one of the things i'm not sure, is that if klei gonna consider about the leaving thing, might be kinda annoying if you just log out, then log back in,you'll have to repick everything all over again, and other people will be able to burn or take the other persons items while not looking. I say its not the best idea and then you could had rolled back because of the thief. Not saying that you need to cheat or anything, but just seems not fair to be robbed, if you are too late on that then there is nothing much to suggest back but to say find new friends and unfriend that guy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The thing is, nobody knows if the visitor will log back into the server.

No one really knows if the visitor will ever come back once they exit/logout. I've had many visitors who just join to do random things and never came back on my public server.

I don't think it's annoying, it's a fair system. If they want their things back they should friend request the host and ask the host to hold their items, I'll be more than happy to keep their items stored in a chest for them once they come back. 

"other people will be able to burn or take the other person's items while not looking." <--- this is what usually happens to hosts, visitors coming in to take the host's items calling it their own (I've a visitor who asked if he could take Glommer & Chester to explore a little bit, I said sure..... when he came back he dropped the chester bone, I opened it there was nothing so I took Chester so I could gather more stones, he said "DON'T TOUCH MY THINGS!" in my own server he said that Chester and Glommer is his..... I didn't want to argue with him so I just logged out.), I've had players coming into my server to burn the base and causing chaos. 

"I say its not the best idea and then you could had rolled back because of the thief." <--- I tried this when that person took rare items and logged out. Rerolls doesn't work when it comes to items other people take, I couldn't recover the rare items because it's with that player FOREVER unless he logs in and drops it back, rerolls can't fix this.. I tried, the only thing I was able to fix is the damage he made in my base by using all the rocks to build a useless turkey bait far away from the base (which I never asked him to do, he removed all the berry bushes close to my base to build it very far, Idk what was his deal.... 

I don't think I will find for "new" friends because it requires me to open the server to the public again and I'm not willing to do that after going through a lot of trolling, people disrespecting me, expecting me to take care of them while they sit in the base eating all the food, using all the mats to craft things to earn trophies and contribute nothing.  If there's no system to help the host against thieves, it's very unlikely that people will be hosting publicly to try to find "friends".

I wish that was a feature with a whitelist. I always play with one and same person + a free spot for a random person (my internet can only support 3/6 players or everyone would lag). It happened more than once now that a random goes straight to our base without saying as much as "hi", storms through our chests and takes things out.

I don't want to enable the mod that makes everyone but the host drop items upon leaving the server. My friend is from US, I'm from Europe, she disconnects now and then and I don't want her items to be eaten or burned because she dced in a bad spot.

Right, if you have a regular guest who, say, killed Deerclops, that person should be able to have the eyebrella whenever they come back. You say you'd hold it for them, but there's nothing to stop a visitor from taking it out of a chest then wandering off to some god forsaken corner of the map, logging out and leaving it where no one else knows it is.

This would only work if certain players could earn a sub-admin status that would make them exempt from forced drops.  It would in fact be a pretty good idea, because it would encourage people to behave well and to contribute in order to earn that status, and taking it away would be a meaningful penalty for misbehavior.

What I was thinking was an option (along with the ingame dice roll and world regen/rollback) that lists players previously logged into the server and gives you the option to view their inventory and drop it at your feet. Only an admin would have this permission. That way admins like OP here could get back those items that were kidnapped.

On 3/27/2017 at 8:48 AM, Electroely said:

What I was thinking was an option (along with the ingame dice roll and world regen/rollback) that lists players previously logged into the server and gives you the option to view their inventory and drop it at your feet. Only an admin would have this permission. That way admins like OP here could get back those items that were kidnapped.

Yes, that would be great. I've had so many horror stories, that I really want anything that can help me deal with trolls. I've got people who I sorta trust do things like this to me. I got someone who randomly joined my server when I set as friend (no password at that time, he came in took a lot of things, used all of my rocks and asked me where the cave location is... he went in there and then logged out, I tried to contact him via PSN message, he never replied back. He took rare items to the cave to logout, I'm not willing to go scavenger hunt in the cave to look for my items IF he dropped.. chances are, he could have kept with his character when he logged out either way, it's no fun. After going thru a lot of trolling/thief I've set a password, people still trying to message me for the password, haven't given anyone the password.. it's been great so far but it can be lonely to play alone but it's the only way to not get trolled

On 3/27/2017 at 5:37 AM, Rellimarual said:

Right, if you have a regular guest who, say, killed Deerclops, that person should be able to have the eyebrella whenever they come back. You say you'd hold it for them, but there's nothing to stop a visitor from taking it out of a chest then wandering off to some god forsaken corner of the map, logging out and leaving it where no one else knows it is.

This would only work if certain players could earn a sub-admin status that would make them exempt from forced drops.  It would in fact be a pretty good idea, because it would encourage people to behave well and to contribute in order to earn that status, and taking it away would be a meaningful penalty for misbehavior.

agree with you and Vix. A feature that lets you choose people who can actually keep the items and new players coming in. Auto drop near base or at least have a highlight in the map where the items are so the host can pick it up 

Archived