[Game Update] - (BETA) 211367

• Developer
  • Fixed bug where Ancient Fuelweaver could not be reanimated in previously retrofitted Atriums.
  • Fixed animation bug when Players are being mind controlled by the Ancient Fuelweaver.
  • Fixed animation bugs with Werebeaver during Reanimated Skeleton or Ancient Fuelweaver fights.
  • Adjusted Ancient Gateway position and pillar obstacles within the Atrium.
  • Retractable spikes in the Atrium zone can no longer be haunted.
  • Added new speech strings triggered during the Ancient Fuelweaver fight.

View full update

• Like 23

49 minutes ago, Tylordian said:

I am checking for the new voice lines now!

Spoiler

Wilson
ANNOUNCE_REPELLED = "It's shielded!"
ANNOUNCE_THURIBLE_OUT = "It's been thuribly depleted."
Willow
ANNOUNCE_REPELLED = "Hey! That's not fair!"
ANNOUNCE_THURIBLE_OUT = "Awww! I liked that thing."
Wickerbottom
ANNOUNCE_THURIBLE_OUT = "That's that."
ANNOUNCE_REPELLED = "There's magic at work here."
Wendy
ANNOUNCE_REPELLED = "It has spirits to protect it..."
ANNOUNCE_THURIBLE_OUT = "A blessing in disguise."
Webber
ANNOUNCE_REPELLED = "We can't hit it."
ANNOUNCE_THURIBLE_OUT = "Aw there goes our lure."
Waxwell
ANNOUNCE_REPELLED = "What trickery is this!"
ANNOUNCE_THURIBLE_OUT = "A shame."
Wathgrithr
ANNOUNCE_REPELLED = "Foul magics block mine blows!"
ANNOUNCE_THURIBLE_OUT = "Alas it is no more."
Wx78
ANNOUNCE_REPELLED = "FORCE FIELD DETECTED"
ANNOUNCE_THURIBLE_OUT = "EVIL LURE DEPLETED"
Woodie
ANNOUNCE_REPELLED = "That's just impolite eh."
ANNOUNCE_THURIBLE_OUT = "No more luring I guess."
Wolfgang
ANNOUNCE_REPELLED = "Strong bubble protects beast!"
ANNOUNCE_THURIBLE_OUT = "Swingy burnies has gone out!"

Not included are any of the other lines made by anything else.

• Like 7

59 minutes ago, V2C said:
  • Fixed animation bug when Players are being mind controlled by the Ancient Fuelweaver.

Would this imply that the Ancients had mind control powers? :wilson_horror:

They must be an advance race to have powers like that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Silxer said:

Would this imply that the Ancients had mind control powers? :wilson_horror:

They must be an advance race to have powers like that. 

They had magic. And evidence suggests the Clockworks are not theirs at all.

So from a magical standpoint, anything can happen so the effort required to perform certain tasks is not comparative to using science to achieve them. They could still be magically advanced but considering the best things they could come up with are some junky utility staves and amulets, not really convinced.

Like, they're cool an all, but the Ruins being a major end-game-ish area having questionably useful utility trinkets as a main portion of the reward is meh. And the Ruins armor degrades at a ridiculous speed.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, The Curator said:

So from a magical standpoint, anything can happen so the effort required to perform certain tasks is not comparative to using science to achieve them. They could still be magically advanced but considering the best things they could come up with are some junky utility staves and amulets, not really convinced.

Well to be fair, this is only what the characters are able to do with what they've scavenged and with little knowledge of magic. They might be made using ancient materials, but not necessarily how the Ancient's used them.

31 minutes ago, The Curator said:

And the Ruins armor degrades at a ridiculous speed.

If I remember correctly all armor in DST got it's durability reduced. So everything degrades at a ridiculous speed. But it still doesn't change the fact that thulecite is still the most durable armor available.

1 minute ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Well to be fair, this is only what the characters are able to do with what they've scavenged and with little knowledge of magic. They might be made using ancient materials, but not necessarily how the Ancient's used them.

If I remember correctly all armor in DST got it's durability reduced. So everything degrades at a ridiculous speed. But it still doesn't change the fact that thulecite is still the most durable armor available.

Plumbing the depths of splumonkey hell, leagues away from light or resources, hiding from damaged clockworks in order to scavenge from statues and idols  to craft a magnificent top tier crown of pure thulecite from the end game area of the world.

And it loses 40% of its durability in a fight with two Mac'tusks.

Strutting into the main base with the crown on after having been silent on the server for days, having potentially one person stop and notice you got a thulecite item; is comparatively a better feeling of reward then its actual applicable use. The tier system for equipment in the game is pretty ridiculous but, ugh.

That being said, a hambat is easy to make and only slightly weaker then the darksword at its best. Yet the darksword is much harder to craft and saps your sanity, the only disadvantage of the hambat being that it perishes. That-that being said, the batbat might as well not even exist in turn. The item requirements of a lot of craftables in the game could do with a revision.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, The Curator said:

Plumbing the depths of splumonkey hell, leagues away from light or resources, hiding from damaged clockworks in order to scavenge from statues and idols  to craft a magnificent top tier crown of pure thulecite from the end game area of the world.

And it loses 40% of its durability in a fight with two Mac'tusks.

Thus why I've always hated the durability nerf. Not sure why you'd waste thulecite on Mac'Tusks, but that's not really the point is it? But now that thulecite is going to be a bit more available it should solve this issue slightly.

13 minutes ago, The Curator said:

That-that being said, the batbat might as well not even exist in turn.

I think the problem with the batbat is the fact that the sanity drain is just slightly too much. But other then that it's not a bad weapon when you look at it as a way to sustain your health mid-fight instead of using it as a primary weapon. It's capable of restoring 510 health (at the cost of 255 sanity) within it's lifetime. Using it when you're not hurt is just a waste. But with it's sanity loss combined with sanity loss of whatever you're fighting usually makes it an undesirable weapon unless you've stocked up on sanity restoring foods (but if that's the case then you might as well just bring health restoring foods).

I just think a few items just need their effects tweaked slightly so their cons don't outweigh their pros. But that's a discussion for another day.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

But with it's sanity loss combined with sanity loss of whatever you're fighting usually makes it an undesirable weapon unless you've stocked up on sanity restoring foods (but if that's the case then you might as well just bring health restoring foods).

Though it's not a main weapon, I really like to use it to farm nightmare fuel, it keeps me insane and heals at the same time while fighting shadow monsters. Usually I don't even need an armor, the few hits that I accidentaly get can be healed easily. :) The other case when I use it is when I'm already insane and its drain isn't a punishment at all (you can't lose sanity if you don't have any :p).

Otherways I agree that it's not that useful for everyday fights. But it wasn't even meant to be.

• Like 2

2spooky4me

Seriously though, Big Theroy Ahead

What if the Ancient Fuelweaver wants to kill you to keep you away from Charlie's Madness? It is a 'kinda guardian' after all

Spoiler

If you need me I'll be in Sweatertown

tumblr_np4q53mRwt1txvvt1o1_500.gif

Edited by DatShadowJK

6 hours ago, fimmatek said:

Otherways I agree that it's not that useful for everyday fights. But it wasn't even meant to be.

Well the thing is it's not even that useful for most boss fight either. I've only used it on a few occasions but bringing fishsticks/pierogis or jerky is usually the better choice. Using it to heal up while fighting them is a good idea though. I think I might start doing that instead of wasting my salve.