O2/Gas Problems in Latest Thermal Upgrade Patch

I feel a bit stumped and confused here, but things that were working fine before the latest patch to thermal upgrade preview are now, not. The biggest, nearly game-breaking thing is that there's suddenly, and quite mystifyingly, not enough oxygen. I don't know where the hell it's going, but I now have TWO electrolyzers running (only needed one before) with TWO gas pumps and filters piping O2 into the base for only 7 dupes, and it's still not enough, which is mathematically impossible. And despite the relatively small enclosed area where the electrolyzers and gas pumps are, the O2 keeps building up in there with max gas pressure. The vents and all are working fine (as they were before the patch), but I watch the O2 get pumped in, and then I watch it basically vanish into thin air as my base stays in "purple" levels of low oxygen concentration while the enclosure with the pumps is totally maxed out.

Is anyone else here having this issue (I've seen a few YouTubers encountering it as well), and if so, does anyone know the cause or what's been changed? Or better still, how I can fix it?

48 minutes ago, Masterpintsman said:

You might, as it happend to me, shoot yourself into the foot with this

I slowed it down to normal (I usually do 2x), but it didn't make a difference.

I'm now convinced something is genuinely wrong. I started a new game to see how the oxygen behaved with the oxylite you usually live off of for the first few cycles. This is what the air looked like barely three-quarters into the FIRST cycle.

20170323221306_1.jpg

20170323221321_1.jpg

Nobody seems to be addressing this. Is it a bug? Oxylite is behaving very differently after the update on 23rd March. I've posted a couple of times about it.

This poster was having issues and just running the game for one cycle shows a drastic difference in O2 levels.

The electrolyzers will stop work at high pressure, and they produce 1000g/s of gas, while the air pump pumps around 500g/s

So it's just not recommonded to put your electrolyzers in an enclosed area and use pumps to provide O2

Hmm not sure what's going on with other peoples games. I have my electrolyzers in an enclosed space with 2 pumps and i'm doing just dandy. In fact my base is so full my gas vents are actually over pressurized. I'm using just 1 gas filter too.457140_20170323225144_1.png

457140_20170323225125_1.png

Here's the Oxygen Overlay

457140_20170323234005_1.png

4 hours ago, Moggles said:

Nobody seems to be addressing this. Is it a bug? Oxylite is behaving very differently after the update on 23rd March. I've posted a couple of times about it.

This poster was having issues and just running the game for one cycle shows a drastic difference in O2 levels.

4 hours ago, Keyimin said:

Whatever it is, it's actually broken the game for me. Can't survive without O2 working properly. Super sad panda, me.

I've just tested the oxylite oxygen production in 211197.  It "seems" normal.  The amount of oxygen production is tied to the pressure and the amount of surface exposed.  As I exposed more of the oxylite, the rate of production increased.  Initially the rate was around 33-66 g/.  Maybe this is the reason why you are having issues with oxygen?

2 minutes ago, Fatmice said:

I've just tested the oxylite oxygen production in 211197.  It "seems" normal.  The amount of oxygen production is tied to the pressure and the amount of surface exposed.  As I exposed more of the oxylite, the rate of production increased.  Initially the rate was around 33-66 g/.  Maybe this is the reason why you are having issues with oxygen?

Yep, that could possibly explain the oxylite, but I only did that test in the first place because the O2 production in my base that had been working just fine before the update, stopped working no matter what I did after the update. I've had at least a dozen bases and have never had an O2 issue, and it was all good in this base before the update happened. Something has changed (or simply broke in that save maybe?) somewhere in the chain, but I'm not sciency enough to figure out what lol.

I've started a new base (got a far more reasonable spawn than the one I got for testing above lol), so we'll see how this save goes.

Appreciate the efforts/assistance!

Archived