What Will Happen After ANR?

I am savoring A New Reign right now, enjoying all the new updates and all, but what is to happen after it is added to the new game? Is that it? Is DST going to keep on being developed? Will there be more content other than events? Or will it stay as it was from ANR? This thought came to me, as it looks like ANR is coming to a close, with the Atrium and the new rose at the Stalkers death.

Well at some point official development does have to stop. Although commonly, after companies stop official development on a game they will leave a small team of members to continue making content for it in order for the game community to still have something to look forward to. Mostly with games like Don't Starve that have a lasting niche following. In some ways A New Reign is this, but it can be interpreted as being merely the main chorus of the swan song.

Fixing glitches and making balance changes are thus the easiest things to do, but adding minor content like new items is also probable for small teams in a game like this. Would be great to see them take community mod concepts and making them official, such as projectile bombs or potions.

This can't be "the death" of DST, I just came back to it >:c

Plus the lore obviously isn't completed! There's too many holes! We need more lore, and they shall give us more lore! Seriously, Klei puzzles are genius and I don't to live without them ;-;

1 hour ago, jantonio said:

most likely bug fixes and focus development on oni (oxygen not included).

1 hour ago, The Curator said:

Well at some point official development does have to stop. Although commonly, after companies stop official development on a game they will leave a small team of members to continue making content for it in order for the game community to still have something to look forward to. Mostly with games like Don't Starve that have a lasting niche following. In some ways A New Reign is this, but it can be interpreted as being merely the main chorus of the swan song.

Fixing glitches and making balance changes are thus the easiest things to do, but adding minor content like new items is also probable for small teams in a game like this. Would be great to see them take community mod concepts and making them official, such as projectile bombs or potions.

On top of this, there is always seasonal event updates they can do as well. 

@Tylordian oh, I'd tell you what's going to happen after ANR, but it would make @V2C sweat from stressing out even more :p

P.S. V2C, Pengulls still have other bugs that need fixing... But I'll let you off on this one for now, since there are more important things of concern in the game that need taking care of, like Lazy Forager refuelability with nightmare fuel. Thanks for fixing up and tweaking pengulls and mini glaciers though, it's much appreciated :)

Jamie (Klei boss) said in stream that after ANR they will continue with updates for DST so no worries guys. IMO DST is Kleis most popular game and with skins and everything they should make pretty penny to continue updates although more skins are needed! (not the old rose collection)

If they add new skins, I hope they aren't ones that are rough around the edges and just look like they are modded.

I mean, hutch hat, for a TOP HAT?! What...? I would understand if that was a moggles skin, but this? I'm really not liking the chest skins either. I got one as a gift drop the other day and although I'm glad I got a distinguished, I'm disappointed that it's one that really sticks out in an ugly way from everything else in the game.

The skins in and of themselves might not be bad quality, but for this game, some of them are just awful in concept, in their execution and/or in their design, leading to things that look modded but really aren't. And I honestly didn't expect this to happen, considering that most skins and especially some of the initial ones were done quite well in their execution, look and for blending in with the rest of the game's art.

Much friendlier multiplayer server hosting so majority of servers don't have "???" ping, or high ping. There are hardly any servers that i'd join ever when it comes down to how many different variables there are even after ping as well, such as mods, the season, world mods. But that parts just me. I think if the connection problems were somehow better then much more players would be play together and would be able to.

All the chest skins are great, having an additional organizational use on top of looking nifty, but any new item skins would be very welcome. I'm not that big on changing my character's outfit, now that I've got a handful of faves, but adding visual variety to the base is always cool. Oh, and more hat skins. I guess because the characters' heads are so big, those are fun, too. I have nearly a full collection.

Archived