• Wire Bridge (Power)
    • Heavi-Watt Wire (Power)
  • Interior Decor (20 Novice Research)
    • Blank Canvas (Decor)
    • Ceiling Lamp (Furniture)
    • Mess Table (Furniture)
    • Sculpting Block (Decor)

Tier 2

• Fine Dining (20 Novice Research, 10 Advanced Research, Requires Farming)
    • Aquatic Farm Tile (Food)
    • Cooking Station (Food)
    • Fertilizer Maker (Refinement)
    • Refrigerator (Food)
  • Temperature Modulation (20 Novice Research, 10 Advanced Research, Requires Gas Piping)
    • Thermo Regulator (Utilities)
    • Textile Factory (Stations)
    • Hydrofan (Utilities)
    • Liquid Tepidizer (Utilities)
    • Thermo Switch (Power)
  • Pressure Management (20 Novice Research, 10 Advanced Research, Requires Gas Piping)
    • Gas Valve (Plumbing)
    • Liquid Valve (Plumbing)
    • Mechanized Airlock (Base)
  • Sanitation Sciences (20 Novice Research, 10 Advanced Research, Requires Liquid Piping)
    • Air Deodorizer (Oxygen)
    • Lavatory (Plumbing)
    • Hand Sanitizer (Medicine)
    • Shower (Plumbing)
  • Percolation (20 Novice Research, 10 Advanced Research, Requires Liquid Piping)
    • Bio Distiller (Refinement)
    • Electrolyzer (Oxygen)
    • Water Purifier (Refinement)
  • Combustion (20 Novice Research, 10 Advanced Research, Requires Power Regulation)
    • Coal Generator (Power)
    • Hydrogen Generator (Power)

Tier 3

• Insulation (40 Novice Research, 20 Advanced Research, Requires Temperature Modulation)
    • Insulated Gas Pipe (Plumbing)
    • Insulated Liquid Pipe (Plumbing)
    • Insulated Tile (Base)
  • Medbay (40 Novice Research, 20 Advanced Research, Requires Sanitation Sciences)
    • Apothecary (Medicine)
    • Rejuvenator (Medicine)
    • Mesh Tile (Base)
  • Advanced Filtration (40 Novice Research, 20 Advanced Research, Requires Percolation)
    • Air Scrubber (Oxygen)
    • Gas Filter (Plumbing)
    • Liquid Filter (Plumbing)

Octyabr - Thanks for the list!

3 hours ago, ShamPeiN said:

i rush farming, wires, decor, tier1, doors, filter, power, tier 2 only, tier 2/3. works fast on 8+learning dupe + a dedicated curier

I would be interested in hearing other people's favorite tech routes particular their early choices - I've usually tried going Farming, Liquid Piping, Interior Decor, Sanitation, Dining, Power but I'm still learning.

3 hours ago, RKBKirin said:

Octyabr - Thanks for the list!

I would be interested in hearing other people's favorite tech routes particular their early choices - I've usually tried going Farming, Liquid Piping, Interior Decor, Sanitation, Dining, Power but I'm still learning.

Farming should always be first. You need it as soon as possible. That gets you food and basic oxygen/CO2 management as well. After that I get decor, because waiting too long to decorate will quickly raise the stress of your dupes. Some people might want that though. Following those two, I usually get all the level ones techs. Honestly, I think farming and decor are the most important for having a nicely run starter colony; you'll have a source of water nearby and a big enough supply of raw materials to give you plenty of time to research the rest of the tree and set up your power generators and machinery. It will take you a while to dig out the space you need as well.

Fine dining can be a good level two tech to rush as well because that lets you refrigerate your food.

1 hour ago, Collic said:

Farming should always be first. You need it as soon as possible. That gets you food and basic oxygen/CO2 management as well. After that I get decor, because waiting too long to decorate will quickly raise the stress of your dupes. Some people might want that though. Following those two, I usually get all the level ones techs.

I do exactly the same!

This is my personal sequence:

1. Farming: Algae Terraria and Planter box ASAP.
  2. Interior Decor: Mess table to force them to eat at the same spot, and canvases in outhouses, beds and tables to raise their decor.
  3. Power Regulation: To get rid of tiny batteries and normal cables, setup first 2kW grid.
  4. Gas/Liquid piping: Pumps for later.
  5. Pressure Management: for the Airlock, can be postponed if I rush to get Electrolyzers. (Low algae maps)
  6. Percolation: Electrolyzer! With enough algae it just can wait.
  7. Combustion: Hydrogen generator for later setup.
  8. Advanced Filtration: Make Electrolyzer setup. Replace any algae related oxygen production but a couple of Terraria to deal with CO2.
  9. The rest.

i use vacuum storage for food, and set my electrolyzers up sealed, so advanced filtering comes after doors and electrolyzer, only reason. also i just toss initial powerline, only generator and deoxidizer fixed and replace all after got heavy wires. next run i will use switches between rows/columns.

6 hours ago, Octyabr said:

Power Regulation: To get rid of tiny batteries and normal cables, setup first 2kW grid.

I had not considered doing this so early on, but I've been experimenting with building up my infrastructure as soon as possible and this does make sense to be prepared for the energy demands later int he game.

the route matters little for me. I usually have all the research done by c30. In thermal we have a super Roaster(computer that superheats to the point of hurting dupes. learning is a bonus to experience gain as well as research speed so I make sure my 3 starting dupes have decent learning / strength -learning/digging- learning/construction. athletics and tinkering will raise from the learning bonus faster than having a dupe start with high athletics/ tinkering without learning.

I start off  by building outhouses on day one then make room to build the power grid and start my first station setting it to priority 7(nothing set higher  for now) than then proceed to flesh out the base till first dupe shows up then I start building secondary power grids for more research. 2 of each 1 to work on research faster 2 to be available when other units are over heated.

id route food first of course and plan food as soon as possible and will only build a musher if I haven't found a lot of natural growth plants to act as my food supplies till my crop plots are ready. from their its just the regular game of keeping pressure in base till research is done c30 is a very conservative estimate nd can be done with just the 2 computers

44 minutes ago, heckubis said:

the route matters little for me. I usually have all the research done by c30. In thermal we have a super Roaster(computer that superheats to the point of hurting dupes. learning is a bonus to experience gain as well as research speed so I make sure my 3 starting dupes have decent learning / strength -learning/digging- learning/construction. athletics and tinkering will raise from the learning bonus faster than having a dupe start with high athletics/ tinkering without learning.

I start off  by building outhouses on day one then make room to build the power grid and start my first station setting it to priority 7(nothing set higher  for now) than then proceed to flesh out the base till first dupe shows up then I start building secondary power grids for more research. 2 of each 1 to work on research faster 2 to be available when other units are over heated.

id route food first of course and plan food as soon as possible and will only build a musher if I haven't found a lot of natural growth plants to act as my food supplies till my crop plots are ready. from their its just the regular game of keeping pressure in base till research is done c30 is a very conservative estimate nd can be done with just the 2 computers

I make it in exact same, and also get all the research about c30 too. But I didn´t overheated the science machine not even once. The coal generator in the other hand is a pain in the ass... Should find a good way soon. :p  

just use a pump to pour a small drip of contaminated water on it can use the same pump to cool all your coal generators and still have it go from there to your base for processing just remember to use valves so you don't slow down the flow speed

Archived