Unfinished showers (Solution)

I see on a lot of youtuber, streams and screens shots of clusters of showers that have a unfinished task bar on them and no one using the shower.

This means the shower was interrupted and its NOT A GLITCH.  If you took a shower and the drain backed up would you stand in the filth and continue your shower? well neither would the dupe.

There are really 2 ways of solving this issue and they are both no energy solutions and still can work with any existing system you have so long as you have the available space.

1. a septic tank - draining the shower over  a short series of pipes to a liquid vent

2. A valve placed after the shower set for 1000g/s will help prevent back pressure (thanks to all the commenters for finding and testing this one)

3. long pipes- the shower can last about 20-30 seconds and needs the uninterrupted pipes for the entire shower so a very long series of pipes can prevent backups. this one is terribly waist full on space and building materials but showcases the actual problem well.

in either situation the usage of a bridge will itself cause enough back pressure to stop the shower as soon as the first shower drop hits it.

you can add a washroom to either as long as the washrooms pipes have a few extra lengths to allow for up to 3 usages (2 each use)

You are mistaken of the cause - it is notpipes, just check the actual ammount leaving - it is only 1 kg/s that can stack to 10 kg in a single segment.

Duplicants interrupt shower.because they have to do something else

20 minutes ago, Vilda said:

You are mistaken of the cause - it is notpipes, just check the actual ammount leaving - it is only 1 kg/s that can stack to 10 kg in a single segment.

Duplicants interrupt shower.because they have to do something else

There was actually a bug having to do with the amount of fluid leaving the shower was "faster" than the pipe could take in around a bend.  So I've seen dupes jumping from shower to shower as if they were playing musical chair, which they will do almost all day.  When I fixed my shower with 4-5 section of straight pipes, this problem went away.  You can test this easily by building two showers; first shower has a pipe and an immediate bend while the second has 4-5 sections of straight pipe then bend.  See how often dupes who used the first shower will jump to the second one if it is available.

they need 40kg per finished shower so 4 output, a pipe should be built inside them and shouldnt allow 2 connections, lavatory only 2* L shape, needs 1 free space per machine cause water needs to exit. i use purifiers, so a shower+purifier needs minimum 4 for shower 4 for purifier 1+1 for machine exit. thats 10 (9 enough but i like to see if processes water). so 3 showers 3x5+3x5+4 =34 obviously shower depends on purifier so sand+power too, so if want more showers, longer pipe, for 3 dupes 3x4+1=13+ 13 for purifier, so they can finish 3 before needs sand. and purifier on side not middle because clockwise/counterclockwise movement is messy if between. 

4 minutes ago, ShamPeiN said:

40kg per finished shower so 4 output, a pipe should be built inside them and shouldnt allow 2 connections, lavatory only 1, needs 1 free space per machine cause water needs to exit.

I was very sure it's 45kg for shower and 5kg for pooping/peeing.

Just now, Fatmice said:

I was very sure it's 45kg for shower and 5kg for pooping/peeing.

okay, still stands 5 enough, also good idea to turn pipe to congregate water before merging together outputs. and ofc they depend on time to so needs high pressure water.

1 minute ago, ShamPeiN said:

okay, still stands 5 enough, also good idea to turn pipe to congregate water before merging together outputs. and ofc they depend on time to so needs high pressure water.

What? Bends compress the packets? :shock:  Is that the reason for the slowdown?  If true, I see a use!

1 minute ago, Saturnus said:

Don't think so. 5kg input, and 11.6(6)kg output.
Outhouses produce 6.6(6)kg per visit so it would make sense it's just that plus the used water.

Hm, I'll check again tonight.  Interesting.  Perhaps I remember wrong.

1 minute ago, Saturnus said:

Don't think so. 5kg input, and 11.6(6)kg output.
Outhouses produce 6.6(6)kg per visit so it would make sense it's just that plus the used water.

was 1 blob 11.6is 2 blobs, probably changed because fertilizer, i also remembered 5kg

Just now, Fatmice said:

What? Bends compress the packets? :shock:  Is that the reason for the slowdown?  If true, I see a use!

Hm, I'll check again tonight.  Interesting.  Perhaps I remember wrong.

yes, on corners 10kg pockets form, so you want to compress output, but not the input. same reason electrolyzers stall so you need straight pipe after valves.

4 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

40 blobs of 1kg each is the output of one shower. If you want to avoid having to have straight tubes after the shower put a valve on the output and set it at the maximum 10kg/s. That'll prevent it from clogging up.

only fits near/below it but good idea

x9zXEqs.jpg

I honestly tried the zigzag approach that didn't work. once the stream is over you can allow the light mass in the pipes to collect just fine but while its going no. the only time they interrupt showers is for bed and breathing

9 minutes ago, heckubis said:

I honestly tried the zigzag approach that didn't work. once the stream is over you can allow the light mass in the pipes to collect just fine but while its going no. the only time they interrupt showers is for bed and breathing

So you're saying that bends don't compress packets?  Lol...confusing.  I don't know who to believe now.

its not the end of the line that the showers are are susceptible from pressure on like with the electrolysers 

simply put electrolysers . fertilizer makers and all single pipe devise are end of line

bathrooms showers scrubbers and the like have 2 separate pressure sensitivities  and are mid line or source points if a source point is blocked according to its function in the showers case it not showering you in your own filth then it will not function properly.

Okay, I've tested the compression of packets using bending pipes.  It does not work.  Packets continue around bends at their current size.  No compression.

Also for 211197, I've reconfirmed that a shower is uses 45 kg of water and produces 45 kg of polluted water.  Pooping/peeing uses 5 kg of water and produces 11.7 kg of polluted water.  The polluted water for the shower travels out as 1000g packets while the lavatory travels as two packets, one at 10kg and the other at 1700g.  The temperature of the water is not changed in anyway.  9C water in, 9C polluted water out.

Thus a dupe produces 56.7 kg of polluted water a day and with the current PW to F ratio, that is 45.36 kg of fertilizer per dupe.  The new throughput for the fertilizer (150g/s PW -> 120g/s F) means that it takes 378s to treat the PW for a dupe.

8 hours ago, Saturnus said:

If you want to avoid having to have straight tubes after the shower put a valve on the output and set it at the maximum 10kg/s. That'll prevent it from clogging up.

I've tested this.  It does work.

Also, water packets stack/compress at the end of the line, regardless of bends or anything else. If you have a valve set up, the only way you can "see" a 10 Kg packet being split into 1000 g bits, for example, is to watch the last packet in the line (you have to stop the pump so you can actually see the last packet). I'm not sure if this should be classified as a visual bug or what, but the separation of a large packet into smaller ones can't be accurately observed. In other words, if you have a valve set to 1000 g/s, you'd expect to see a 10 Kg packet go into a valve and come out as 10 smaller 1000 g bits while the rest of the water waits at the other side of the valve for that to happen, but that's not what it shows. Instead, you see a 10 Kg packet go in and a 10 Kg packet come out (most of the time). However, if you hover over the last packet on the other side of the valve, you can see the subtraction: the last packet decreases from 10 Kg > 9 Kg > 8 Kg and so on. It's actually quite bizarre lol.

Archived