Opinions on the endless cycle of resetting ruins.

22 hours ago, jantonio said:

I just wish clockwork piles can come back.

Wait... Those don't respawn upon the ruins reset? Well damn... Although it's probably something they'd wanna look into after ANR is finished if they're gonna do a lot of game tweaking and bugfixing after the updates, since the friendly clockworks are a bit of a problem.

A thing that should really change imho is so that rooks can't destroy the stations, because if you befriend one of those instead of the other two clockworks, you yourself can't kill it, and since in single player they attack chester, I can only guess in multiplayer they attack hutch and whatnot. But yeah, rook befriending, very bad, I can think of multiple reasons why you wouldn't want one as a follower... Btw, is it possible to bring a clockwork you've befriended to surface in multiplayer, or do they stay there and the moment you come back down, they become aggressive or something?

2 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Btw, is it possible to bring a clockwork you've befriended to surface in multiplayer, or do they stay there and the moment you come back down, they become aggressive or something?

Pretty sure you can't, just like with other followers. It will become hostile, same thing happens if you log out. The spot where it was when you disappeared will be it's guarding spot.

5 minutes ago, Maslak said:

Pretty sure you can't, just like with other followers. It will become hostile, same thing happens if you log out. The spot where it was when you disappeared will be it's guarding spot.

Huh, then I guess the tweaking after ANR is really, REALLY necessary for this content. I mean, you waste 3 or so gears to bring one back to life as a friend, run around, log out to have a bathroom break, log back in and, welp, it wants to kill you now :/

And you only have a CHANCE of getting one gear back from them :(

Yep, they're not very useful, just like in DS. If you have cave base then you can use them as decorations, or maybe some way to kill mobs (fenced bishops), but it's not that useful. And remember that earthquakes will slowly kill them anyway.

Archived