So, what now?

You make delivery stations or generate food at the outpost.  The outpost itself can be made by "move to" order to force dupe to go to a certain place or assign beds.  You can keep dupes separate by enforcing door access privileges.

2 hours ago, cpy said:

How do you build outpost? How you handle food? Those morons just travel back and forth just to eat.

pretty much you just lock dupes out of certain areas, my outpost dupes dont have access through the door to main base and vica verca for main base dupes dont have access to outpost

16 hours ago, Vilda said:

Prototype "The Hotel Duplicant" room:

20170323170615_1.jpg

Haha! Thats awesome. Its weird seeing this sort of thing as most I've seen are all trying to kill them or have little regard for their needs. 

Please post more of this :D I wanna see how crazy you can get it.

32 minutes ago, DaniBlue said:

pretty much you just lock dupes out of certain areas, my outpost dupes dont have access through the door to main base and vica verca for main base dupes dont have access to outpost

So how do you feed them then? :D

Just now, cpy said:

So how do you feed them then? :D

they have their own farm inside the outpost, doesn't take much. just 5 Bristle Blossoms does the job pretty well, its only a few dupes living in the outpost.

6 minutes ago, cpy said:

That's really neat idea, and you pipe oxygen in from main base? Because that's what i'd do and then run out of metal. :D

HXwcolHh.png

No they create their own oxygen from using polluted water refined into pure water which is then sent into an oxydizer, their main job in the outpost is to feed some coal generators up above the outpost to feed alot of the power grids.

On 3/23/2017 at 10:15 PM, Collic said:

Are you sure that's a bug? Shouldn't the wire only short when your power draw goes over the 2 KW limit? If you have too many things connected, but they aren't operating and drawing enough power to over stress the grid (eg. lots of items not in use, various stations and such) isn't it working as intended? Neither of your screenshots show the usage going over the 2 KW limit. It just shows the potential power draw being way in excess of what's safe.

98e21c8784b440cfb7ebd17ee1729926.png

over 2.3K dont have any broken onlly notification 

Maybe get fancy?  Try to make a "great Hall" for your dupes?  Construct some water features?  Waterfalls are probably about all that can work that I can think of, but with a working base, there's time to test out other constructions.  Make a "sewer" under your base and try to fill it with hatches for aesthetic?  Fancy! Lol

Archived