So, what now?

I've reached a point in one game of pretty much perpetual equilibrium, Not much to do, maybe scout out and make more outpost as I've done a bit in there but all in all, not much to do, currently at cycle 450. So got any ideas, or should I just save this as Success and move on and start another game and face the challenges all over again?

taking what you know into your next build. building for more dupes or efficiency is part of the game especially with the fact that its still very in alpha.

I have had a few longer than a year bases my current has 23 dupes and room for more my fertalizer reserves are still growing and I know that next time will be an even better build.

the game only ends when you want to stop and it only stops challenging you if you stop challenging yourself

12 minutes ago, heckubis said:

taking what you know into your next build. building for more dupes or efficiency is part of the game especially with the fact that its still very in alpha.

I have had a few longer than a year bases my current has 23 dupes and room for more my fertalizer reserves are still growing and I know that next time will be an even better build.

the game only ends when you want to stop and it only stops challenging you if you stop challenging yourself

True enough, thats what I was leaning on was taking what I know into a new base, and to make the next one more challenging I am not going to allow myself to load previous days in when something bad happens, just roll with any punches that come my way.

Just now, DaniBlue said:

True enough, thats what I was leaning on was taking what I know into a new base, and to make the next one more challenging I am not going to allow myself to load previous days in when something bad happens, just roll with any punches that come my way.

that spirit :)

I had that moment yesterday, where I was building two projects (huge polluted water tank and steam cooling) and suddenly they were done and my dupes were idling with nothing to do. And I realized there was nothing for me to do right now. I need content :D

11 minutes ago, Vilda said:

I had that moment yesterday, where I was building two projects (huge polluted water tank and steam cooling) and suddenly they were done and my dupes were idling with nothing to do. And I realized there was nothing for me to do right now. I need content :D

My best (and hardest to follow) advice is: pace yourself. Otherwise you'll burn out well before the final release. Been there, done that

10 minutes ago, O.n.y said:

DigUp all! :p - Make world full of Duplicants only creations, no natural tiles should survive!

That's a sure recipe to cook them while down around magma. Hmm... That gives me ideas.

Duplicant flambé - Set a lot of digging jobs around magma and hot ignoeus rock

Duplicant sous-vide - make a vacuum, have a massage table and permission airlock, massage table will tenderize nicely

Steamed Duplicant - create jobs in natural occurring steam or your steam room.

Dupcicle - one way airlock to ice biome

My mind is a scary place.

43 minutes ago, Twitchi said:

how many dupes do you have during this equilibrium? cos if the real world is anything to go by you should just carry on increasing numbers

9, but I'm letting that world rest and starting a new, with this new patch there should be more fun and danger with more geysers. Game I'm leaving for now had only 2 and I isolated and use them in it, new game I'm in I don't know where they are but there are 12 geysers lol so should be interesting.

33 minutes ago, Nativel said:

Here is the task: before you'll go bed set up maximum speed and if at the morning your colony still working and all fine the game is over until next patch.

i do that :) but what we got game crash gahahha

1 hour ago, Nativel said:

Here is the task: before you'll go bed set up maximum speed and if at the morning your colony still working and all fine the game is over until next patch.

lol That actually already happened on accident, I layed down for a minute while game was running and with out meaning to fell asleep, woke up later, looked at the game and couldnt see much of a difference from before I slept.

I´m actually doing the "Matt Damon Callenge": 1 Dupe 1 wolrd since day 18. It´s interesting, because you have to prioritize wery well task and time to accomplish all you can and scout the wold. Is another tipe of play ;)

3 hours ago, Vilda said:

That's a sure recipe to cook them while down around magma. Hmm... That gives me ideas.

Well, Insulated tiles + Air locks can safe a day inside base, but surely it's really interesting what temperature outside become at the end. I will put all on Ice biome!
What do you think? :)

22 minutes ago, O.n.y said:

Well, Insulated tiles + Air locks can safe a day inside base, but surely it's really interesting what temperature outside become at the end. I will put all on Ice biome!
What do you think? :)

I think the cold will win, there is more of it. Though seeing it loosing fight with steam is interesting experience.

20170322224739_1.jpg

10 hours ago, sai05 said:

now tey this :)

e4f654ba4f4a4677a606bc5877ada52c.png

6922ebbcb6e7490b8e17bde9f3518c55.png

use over 5.8Kw/s without break break the wire :) before they fix the bug ghahahah

Are you sure that's a bug? Shouldn't the wire only short when your power draw goes over the 2 KW limit? If you have too many things connected, but they aren't operating and drawing enough power to over stress the grid (eg. lots of items not in use, various stations and such) isn't it working as intended? Neither of your screenshots show the usage going over the 2 KW limit. It just shows the potential power draw being way in excess of what's safe.

3 hours ago, DaniBlue said:

lol That actually already happened on accident, I layed down for a minute while game was running and with out meaning to fell asleep, woke up later, looked at the game and couldnt see much of a difference from before I slept.

Ok, new update is ready, so my task not over yet.

Archived