liquid pump not pumping

I've tried putting the liquid pump in multiple locations completely submerged in regular and or contaminated water and it will not pump. It has power it has piping and the only thing it says is not pumping it does not say there's anything else wrong with it no matter where I put it. I put it in three different large bodies of water and it still does not work. I have the pumps hooked up to air scrubbers and water purifiers  and it will not pump any water to them. Is anyone else having this problem? 

I just downloaded the thermal upgrade and that's when the problem started. I did not have this happen before the thermal upgrade the pumps worked fine.

I'm pretty sure pumps work well in current release, there must be something wrong with your pipes. Such as that you got confused with color changes and routed pump's output to another output instead of input.

The pipe between the fertilizer maker and the hydroponic tiles has on both ends both inputs and ouptuts, it does not have clear indication if it should send it contents to the left or to the right. Deconstruct one pipe segment in there and install a pipe bridge, that will tell the flow which direction you want to send it.

7 hours ago, Kasuha said:

The pipe between the fertilizer maker and the hydroponic tiles has on both ends both inputs and ouptuts, it does not have clear indication if it should send it contents to the left or to the right. Deconstruct one pipe segment in there and install a pipe bridge, that will tell the flow which direction you want to send it.

I thought of this too, pipes, as with wires, seem to have no directionality until they do :), I ended up dumping the showers and lav's into the fertilizer machine and only pumping into the planter boxes. 

The connection going to the Fertilizer is too short causing a blockage. If you have a pipe go straight from the main line directly into a build with no slack this will happen because the Fertilizer can only process Polluted Water so fast.

What you need to do is either extend the line going to the Fertilizer a few tiles and/or put in a Liquid Valve after the Pump and set it to send half the max pressure to give the Polluted Water room to flow freely. With the blockage gone the Pump's pressure should be stronger than the bathroom build outputs.

13 minutes ago, vonVile said:

The connection going to the Fertilizer is too short causing a blockage. If you have a pipe go straight from the main line directly into a build with no slack this will happen because the Fertilizer can only process Polluted Water so fast.

What you need to do is either extend the line going to the Fertilizer a few tiles and/or put in a Liquid Valve after the Pump and set it to send half the max pressure to give the Polluted Water room to flow freely. With the blockage gone the Pump's pressure should be stronger than the bathroom build outputs.

Um... no, that's not the problem. A valve might help directing the flow but not for reasons you talk about. 

Extending a line before joint is only needed for outputs. This is an input, it can sit on 1 tile long branch just fine. The maker creates a 450 kg reserve anyway.

55 minutes ago, Nidhoggur said:

What happens if you don't?

It's combination of effects. Pipe joints sometimes alternate packets, keeping the packet on the input side for one second. And some outputs will not put a new packet in the pipe if there is already a packet there, even if it is packet of the same element they're trying to add. In effect, the alternating on the joints may block the machine periodically. Extending the pipe before the joint by one segment can help with it because straight pipes can always merge packets of the same element if the packet at the front can't proceed.

Archived