Equip Clothing

I used to equip clothing to dupes by selecting the clothing item from the pile in front of the Textile Factory.  I can't do it that way anymore because the dupes started storing the clothing in Storage Compactors for some reason.   Is there another way to assign clothing to dupes? 

I can unequip clothing by clicking a dupe who already has clothing assigned, but I can't find a way to equip it.  Is there something I'm missing or is this a bug? 

I'm using Development Build CL#TU-210794

yeah, they should rework on their clothing UI.

putting the equip UI on the dupe will be more easy to manage, and perhaps they could add an equip menu/list similar to jobs list, or put a drop down menu under dupe name in the job/vitality list

A wardrobe would be nice could put in front of a cold biom and they put on or take off the warm sweater. instead of limiting the dupes to one shirt. the wardrobe itself could have a similar interface to the new doors with a direction indicator and name list . sure slow down the dupe while changing s they should. but would make for storage and organization and help with task integration in the overall system

39 minutes ago, heckubis said:

A wardrobe would be nice could put in front of a cold biom and they put on or take off the warm sweater. instead of limiting the dupes to one shirt. the wardrobe itself could have a similar interface to the new doors with a direction indicator and name list . sure slow down the dupe while changing s they should. but would make for storage and organization and help with task integration in the overall system

I like this idea. It could lead in to more specific special clothing further down the line as well if they add in more hostile biomes (it could even go as far as hazmat or spacesuits). It would lead to interesting management challenges as well. You'd want to only have dupes use certain doors so they equip the correct the clothing when leaving the base for different areas. I'm imagining proper double airlocks with changing stations inside.

Wardrobe could be another furniture for the Dupes rooms, or a lockerroom where you can set each Dupe to use X locker. Then if the Dupe has the proper clothing they will prioritize changing to X clothing if you set it to that, or even have it where you can set rules for when Dupes change clothing such as "if oxygen in area is under x wear oxygen tank" or "If area is xyz degrees put on cold suit"

Or maybe even have it where doors are set to "requiring x clothing" in order to proceed.

Equipment requirements added to access doors would be great! In my opinion I'd rather have equipment lockers than a wardrobe, as lockers fit the industrial theme the game has going. Not only that, I feel like they could possibly add something like a gas mask for going to polluted areas. Which fits a locker more perfectly. If they add the mask I'd imagine it would only let dupes inhale breathable polluted/clean oxygen (it's not an oxygen mask after all).

But having a mask equipped would give dupes stress. Perhaps to balance it it would start off with no stress and as time goes the stress multiplier would start to accumulate and be capped somewhere. So you would be able to walk around in them for a good amount of time but you wouldn't want to have masks on for too long. I'd imagine some people would hate having a mask strapped to their face for long periods of time (my reasoning behind it). This would prevent people just equipping masks to all their dupes and making the game like it is now where polluted oxygen is harmless and just live off it. Oh, also the mask would have a decor debuff like the cool and warm clothes.

But coming back to wardrobe/lockers. I think the best idea is to make doors be recommended equipment. Meaning a dupe can go beyond a doors recommendation without the equipment equipped. This allows for dupes to go into an area to change rather than have it that they must equip before entering the area. Otherwise you would end up having to add double airlocks with changing stations everywhere like Collic mentioned. And that could drain power too much. You could make lockers have only a storage space of 2. So you would need to build more than one. 

make sure your dupes can "sweep" its there pick up command then watch then come grab the clothes from the pile going through and marking the sweep button on the clothes along with who and a high priority you should see them finally come pick up the clothes

17 hours ago, n37runn3r said:

Problem is they then put them away in the storage bin rather than put them on. I tried making all the storage bins no clothes and then they just never sweep them.

i had that problem as well when i had a box marked for clothes after they put their own on they will view the others as to be moved to storage without the box only the dupe assigned to it should notice it and  would mark them at p9

they still show up on the ground still even after they have the new effect on

fear not. wait for the next early access update. it's just around the corner.

In the next update they fix it quite a bit, now you can set the priority when telling them to equip (sweep) clothing.

So you can assign it to a dupe, set the priority to 9 and hit sweep (manually in item info window, not the sweep tool).

The particular dupe will then go to the cloth and equip it (yaay)

I'm pretty sure they will probably change and improve it in the future, along with adding more cloth content related.

Hi all. IF you look closely at a storage container, on the lower half you see a drawer . If you click directly on the drawer you can cycle thru the clothes, it opens the menu to select a Dupe.

:)

EDIT: to add that I always put a storage right next to the textile factory and give it a prority 9 . and all other lockers have "clothes" UNticked.

Archived