Compact CO2 and CL storage

Built this system under my base to store all of my CO2 and CL build up. No sand required or gas filter.

Description:

Gas pump pumps heavy gasses to the vent.
The vent is always open because of the water at the bottom 1000g-2000g per tile. (if it is only one wide the water vanishes... magically)
The height of the tower needs to have a tile for each type of stored gas.
I have three because i forget to turn it off and suck some clean o2 in on occasion.
As the types of gasses in the tank increases the speed of filling decreases.

if you want to delete the gasses completely, fill in the gas blocks with any tile. 800kg CO2 gone without a trace.

Note: I'm sure there are better designs, this is just how i usually deal with CO2 or CL.

20170321220529_1.jpg

I solve it like this, both for CO2 and Cl:

Freezeworth.png

Left side contains plain ~1.2 kg oxygen (cooled by the Wheezewort to ~ -55°C) . Right side was completely flooded with the target gas and then the tile between the filter and the vent was build to close it off. Cl will stay fluid, CO2 will solidify.

3 hours ago, Vilda said:

I was lucky to find a void on my map (2 actually) so I store problematic gasses there :)

Accessible Void tiles should be as mandatory as geysers. And also should suck in air in a tremendous ratio, and even break tiles around unless properly sealed, like polluted water do. A useful tool, but quite dangerous if you miss-use it.

8 hours ago, Mayhan said:

I built some gas tanks using this last night without a problem.

6 hours ago, Masterpintsman said:

Still works. I do it by painting 80kg of fluid into the corner, then repeatedly (2-4 times, it varies) vacuum over the vent till it starts to pump.

Ok, I'm really feeling like an idiot here cause I can't seem to get this to work. Is there and videos or step-by-steps to do this? Maybe I should just focus on other storage options, since this is probably unintended anyways and will be likely patched out at some point.

You build base of 4 tiles and two tiles high for wall.  Drip some liquids in to form a meniscus.  Then build a tile on top of the liquid on one side.  The liquid will form a film then leave a smaller meniscus where you can build the vent.

I still can't seem to get it to work, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong! If the gas isn't flowing constantly, does it stop working? Does the tile need to be above the space for the water the vent isn't in? I'm really getting frustrated because this seems so simple, yet I cant get it to work

Archived