Okay so a Geyser spawned REALLY CLOSE to my base

20170321201725_1.jpg

And I have heard of Water Nation Attacks on this forum before, and I have never SEEN or tried to manipulate a geyser ever since I tried Thermal Update,  so I really want tips and tricks to harness its power without destroying everything I hold dear and precious.

Once you get to it, build an airlock and use your best tiles, get a pump in there asap and a switch away.

It will keep spitting out steam -> water that will flood your base if you don't contain it.

Below an example, nothing fancy I just blocked it in time as I didnt know it would over pressure and make a mess.

Keep in mind the water is hot.

20170322003719_1.jpg

10 hours ago, Deustodo said:

Well I'm about to open the geyser chamber, I hope I'm prepared for what is coming next because in a single tile there are 95387.2 Kg of water.

This translates to an expansion factor of 95 (as one tile usually holds 1000), my suggestion would be to have a space big enough the be able to absorb the water that will uncompress from these some tiles - or build a really sturdy wall around it with a small opening to quickly rescue (and then seal) the one daring duplicant who opens up the geyser pocket.

14 hours ago, Deustodo said:

Well I'm about to open the geyser chamber, I hope I'm prepared for what is coming next because in a single tile there are 95387.2 Kg of water.

w0w... let us know Im curious :p

they should really fix that asap...

Archived