Best game ever

19 hours ago, Automatormc said:

Fuse Oxygen Not Included with Terraria.

Better to Fuse it with Dig or Die. If you didn't saw dig or die you have to see it on youtube, prety nice game, I over it 5 times and last time was on brutal mode.

1 minute ago, Automatormc said:

Not even close.

Then give a proper description. All you said was "Fuse Oxygen Not Included with Terraria." and "ONI toons and play style with Terraria's environment, mobs, and weapons would be a crazy fun game IMO. Would only have to drop the gasses for optimization purposes."

Which means a terraria clone with ONI art.

One feature I would still love to see come over from Terraria is building background tiles. So we can fill in the rear wall for a small decor bonus and fancy looks. I dislike just having the cavernous nothingness as the background of the base. I've suggested it before and I still think it would be a fine way to move away from relying on the portrait system. Heck after building in the rear wall tiles slap a portrait on top of it too for extra bonus.

1 hour ago, Moggles said:

One feature I would still love to see come over from Terraria is building background tiles. So we can fill in the rear wall for a small decor bonus and fancy looks. I dislike just having the cavernous nothingness as the background of the base. I've suggested it before and I still think it would be a fine way to move away from relying on the portrait system. Heck after building in the rear wall tiles slap a portrait on top of it too for extra bonus.

Not a bad idea, it could help create an airtight seal as well.

Just now, Automatormc said:

There are already void entities (look similar to geysers) in the game (not sure if it spawns tho), its basically a black hole for gas (haven't tested on liquids).

If you turn on debug mode you can place it around and watch. If thats how background tiles affect gasses/liquids it might be interesting. But if you want gases to flow into the background and out from under another tile ... that might be too much without affecting the quality of the simulation which is already bad enough that everyone is complaining about it.

1 hour ago, AlexRou said:

Then give a proper description. All you said was "Fuse Oxygen Not Included with Terraria." and "ONI toons and play style with Terraria's environment, mobs, and weapons would be a crazy fun game IMO. Would only have to drop the gasses for optimization purposes."

Which means a terraria clone with ONI art.

Terraria = Huge world with many biomes, cool weapons, cool mobs

ONI = 3rd person, cool machinery, leveling system, stress system, etc.

I'm not going to fight you over something so simple. I love ONI and yes I know it's not possible.. but if it was it would be the best game ever.

6 minutes ago, AlexRou said:

There are already void entities (look similar to geysers) in the game (not sure if it spawns tho), its basically a black hole for gas (haven't tested on liquids).

It works on liquids too, I used them to get rid of a big pool of polluted water.

1 minute ago, Automatormc said:

Terraria = Huge world with many biomes, cool weapons, cool mobs

ONI = 3rd person, cool machinery, leveling system, stress system, etc.

I'm not going to fight you over something so simple. I love ONI and yes I know it's not possible.. but if it was it would be the best game ever.

I'm not trying to fight you, I just want a proper description of what you want. btw ONI is not 3rd person, its more like god view, but its the same camera position as terraria except that you can move away from the player.

Anyway what you are describing is still sounding like a modded terraria and would be much easier to be done on terraria's engine. So why not suggest it also to terraria's forums and see if anyone wants to mod it to include those systems. Since you want to drop the gas system already, pretty much everything can be done in a modded terraria. If it helps increases the chances of seeing the game you want, there's nothing to lose from making another post on terraria.

51 minutes ago, Automatormc said:

I don't think they should affect the simulation that would be too much.

It would just be just part of the decor system. It's basically already implemented with the way you place portraits only these would be 1x1 size and themed to compliment the existing base tiles. As quick to build as them too, You would need to be being able to place them through foreground objects ideally.

Archived