Help with hydrogen generator battery threshold

I understand that for the hamster wheels dupes will only run if the connected batteries drop below a percentage.

For the coal generator I see that dupes will only fill it with coal when connected batteries drop below the percentage.

I don't understand how the hydrogen generator threshold functions. As the device requires a gas input it will always accept hydrogen. Then similar to the coal generator the hydrogen generator will always burn fuel if it has it (hence power wasted if you don't have enough batteries to soak up the coal/hydrogen).

But how does the hydrogen generator battery threshold effect the device? The description mentions dupes operating it but as it is gas pipe fed this doesn't seem an appropriate description.

For what I understand this doesn't work for neither of the two, coal generators should stop when batteries are above the threshold, or at least when they are full (thus wasting power)

Even if you set them to a very low threshold that makes it almost all the time show the "batteries full" message, generators will burn hydrogen as soon as they are feed.

The coal generator threshold definitely has an effect on when dupes will load it with more coal. If the coal store runs out and the batteries are above the threshold dupes will leave the generator empty. As soon as the threshold is met someone will drop off a refill of coal.

It does appear to be broken on the hydrogen generator as the machine has no dupe interaction step.

As you suggest the simple solution would be to make both auto disable and save their reserves instead.

The hydrogen generator was working fine on thermal update until 210199.  Something happened between 210162 and 210199 that lead the hydrogen generator to continue to work after the battery is full.  I reported it as a bug back in 210199.

Archived