[Game Update] - 210794

I already run into coal problems because I keep forgetting to feed the hatches.

Already thinking about dripping water through some cool gases onto the hatches so that they always have ice to eat ...

4 hours ago, Methusalem said:

Hopefully just a bug. Because if that is the only problem, then you can still load up the compactor, uncheck the Sandstone (or whatever you want to feed the Hatch) and it will drop the content to the floor. The Hatch can simply take it from there.

I really do hope its a bug.  If we have to resort to this method, we would either need to uncheck sandstone from literally every single compactor we own or dupes will scramble to pick it all up, or we will have to manually lock the the room so that no dupes can enter each time.

10 minutes ago, darkflames9 said:

or dupes will scramble to pick it all up, or we will have to manually lock the the room so that no dupes can enter each time.

Why? have your compactors on "sweep only" and all is well.

Copy and paste storage settings would be handy now.

Then you could just store everything that you dont want to be eaten and then just let the hatches run around freely to clean up for you.

• Like 4

i downloaded the advance beta and it looks awesome but i don't like the dumber "oxygen overlay". i like the one in the previous version where it had different colors for each type of gas, it made it easy to tell where to put air deodorizers and CO2 scrubbers.

Thermal Upgrade is supercool and the Pufts now poop properly, which is great! Yet I totally agree on the "oxygen overlay". The old one was WAY better!! It was more informative! This one's dumber, true. Detailed information about stuff going on isn't that what we all actually want in our ONI sessions?  Thanks for the game, I absolutely LOVE it!

Edited by Jelderbek Gweretsky

About an hour ago, maybe more or less, 10pm UK time, I did an 8MB update, 

Game is now unplayable for me.

New game, everything is good, Till heat kicks in, 

- Small batteries have a be 6 squares from anything in order to make them work for approx 20 mins before they over heat.

- Making food lets me make 6 mush before the building over heats, (building has a 8x8 square space to its self, no joy)

- Super computer over heats after seconds, (this is the worst as there is no tech to cool anything down untill you have learnt it with super computer) 

Games seems impossible to play, before this 8MB patch game was very fun.. I think a mistake has been made somewhere, Hope this helps.

Artazan.

18 hours ago, Artazan said:

About an hour ago, maybe more or less, 10pm UK time, I did an 8MB update, 

Game is now unplayable for me.

New game, everything is good, Till heat kicks in, 

- Small batteries have a be 6 squares from anything in order to make them work for approx 20 mins before they over heat.

- Making food lets me make 6 mush before the building over heats, (building has a 8x8 square space to its self, no joy)

- Super computer over heats after seconds, (this is the worst as there is no tech to cool anything down untill you have learnt it with super computer) 

Games seems impossible to play, before this 8MB patch game was very fun.. I think a mistake has been made somewhere, Hope this helps.

Artazan.

I noticed the same thing upon loading a save game, all my switches are in the off position and my water filter overheats instantly. Thankfully this game allows for ALT+F4 so I can quickly play another game that actually works ;D

BEERCULES!

So I cracked open a geyser yesterday, afraid of the hot water eruption that follows with so much compressed water in very small area, but quite the opposite happened, it barely fill a row of 6 tiles with 600 Kg of water in each. Nothing similar to the other behaviours I've read and watched videos about "taming the Beast" or the "Geyser flooded the entire map and destroyed my colony with hot water and steam". Have they been tuned down in the new update for the preview? Because it was barely anything at all, I was able to go into the chamber again and finish off the dig to completely clear and sweep the materials and install a bigger cooling system that covers every single time in the chamber and now I'm just waiting for the geyser to slowly fill the chamber.

Edited by icdeadppl2

3 hours ago, icdeadppl2 said:

Have they been tuned down in the new update for the preview?

About two or three updates ago they fixed the bug that caused geysers never be overpressured and continuously spawn water and steam .

• Like 1