TU - Did Klei Remove The Vacuum Exploit?

8 minutes ago, Keyimin said:

Building a vacuum box is a "clever use of game mechanics." Please don't make us use power-hogging gas pumps to create one in our bases by considering it an exploit lol.

cleverly use of game mechanics to one own advantages that aren't suppose to behave like intended is an exploit of game mechanics

1 minute ago, Zervo said:

cleverly use of game mechanics to one own advantages that aren't suppose to behave like intended is an exploit of game mechanics

That statement is a fallacy, as it assumes the conclusion: that it's not supposed to behave that way or isn't intended. We have no way of knowing that unless the devs tell us or patch it. Given vacuums are a thing in the game, and tiles suck the gas out of that space when you build/dig anywhere in the world, it's not unreasonable to assume it's intended. I'll assume that until the devs say otherwise and/or make it so that when you dig/build a tile, the gas remains.

It's no different than preserving your mealwood seeds by digging them up before third harvest instead of running out. Yes, the devs made it so you no longer get seeds from the harvested plant. But is it intended that we can dig them up to preserve seeds? Perhaps so, because it forces it us into 2 harvests per cycle only and maybe that's OK with them. Perhaps not, and they'll patch that. But calling it an exploit without knowing is an assumption without justification.

On 21/03/2017 at 3:46 AM, vonVile said:

I've been trying to build Food Storage and other things in a vacuum, but after they're built the Dupe ignore delivering to whatever is in it. Has anybody got it to work?

Reset your storage containers by changing the priority then changing it back. I've had the same issue.

On 3/21/2017 at 10:54 AM, Saturnus said:

Yeah. No exploit in that. The exploit is that it actually makes more sense to let the excess food rot and not having any food storage at all as there's greater benefit in that.

They've tuned the amount of fertilizer you get from rotten food so it's not worth it.  10000 kcal -> 10kg of fertilizer, which is less than the amount needed to grow the kcal.

3 minutes ago, Fatmice said:

10000 kcal -> 100kg...Lol.

It was just too good to have lasted. :p

hmmm... not sure if you expect me or anyone else to go back and edit every single comment they've made just because klei makes a hot fix. I expect people to take the date of posting into consideration to see whether the comment is valid or not with the most current update.

Archived