Food Research Upgrades?

I read through several pages suggesting tweaks and recipes for the Microbe Musher but didn't see anything specifically about upgrades.

For intermediate food research, I'd like to see upgraded versions of current technology.

Mushie Machine - Similar to the slushie machine we find in our local convenience store, this contraption would be an upgraded over the microbe musher because you'd have a water intake valve on it that could pump in water rather than require dupes to run back and forth 50 times when you need to resupply. They would make "mushies" which would require pumped in water, dirt, and clean ice or snow (which currently just melts in my storage containers).

Deep Freeze - Food stored in here doesn't spoil. It's more efficient than the fridge, but has the drawback that the food can't be eaten directly out of storage. You can also store non-edible items like ice and snow to prevent them from melting.

Gastropump - Sort of a play on both gastro-pub and stomach pump, this upgraded version of the cooking station (which is really just a deep fryer) would allow for a bit of finer dining by acting as a microwave to unthaw frozen food from the deep freezer. You'd have to cook food as your dupes get hungry, not have food waiting for them. Add feature could be that once the food is done the "cook" would take the food to a mess table and place it down. That would be when the spoil timer starts.

Interesting ideas, the food system could definitely use some attention ;)

Currently in Thermal version the Blossoms seem the way to go and require no transformation.

Oh and Dupes don't drink ? That totally wrong... Now that there are geysers they should need to drink !

Agreed on the food department. The Microbe Musher now serve more like a emergency food source for my base, I mainly rely on either blossoms (that need fertilizer) or mealwood (need to dig up on 1 harvest left and replant).

12 hours ago, scientas said:

Mushie Machine - Similar to the slushie machine we find in our local convenience store, this contraption would be an upgraded over the microbe musher because you'd have a water intake valve on it that could pump in water rather than require dupes to run back and forth 50 times when you need to resupply. They would make "mushies" which would require pumped in water, dirt, and clean ice or snow (which currently just melts in my storage containers).

Mushie Machine
"If you are a good enough cook, you can use this machine to cook meatball with three ice and one meat"

16 hours ago, PickPay said:

Interesting ideas, the food system could definitely use some attention ;)

Currently in Thermal version the Blossoms seem the way to go and require no transformation.

Oh and Dupes don't drink ? That totally wrong... Now that there are geysers they should need to drink !

They require a certain temperature and air pressure, how do you even keep that under control? do you have a screenshot of your setup? I'm kinda desperate.

3 minutes ago, Yokhen said:

They require a certain temperature and air pressure, how do you even keep that under control? do you have a screenshot of your setup? I'm kinda desperate.

You have a sealed room with a gas vent that pumps in air at the correct temps if you want to have a door. If you don't want to have a door just seal the room at the correct temp and pressure and use the corner exploit. Dupes can get things from diagonal tiles but air won't flow through them So make a 3 tile triangle shape and have a ladder to access the middle tile.

Also on the thermal upgrade blossoms have a huge temp range compared to the main game.

4 hours ago, Yokhen said:

I meant no transformation as in cooking to be eaten. They need 150g of pressure which is really low, that shouldn't be a problem. As for temperature plant them near a cold biome like I did its enough for now.

I'm not sure what you want to see with a screenshot

20170321002321_1.jpg

51 minutes ago, PickPay said:

I meant no transformation as in cooking to be eaten. They need 150g of pressure which is really low, that shouldn't be a problem. As for temperature plant them near a cold biome like I did its enough for now.

I'm not sure what you want to see with a screenshot

20170321002321_1.jpg

Wow thank you. Do you know if they consume any gas or just non-polluted oxygen?

3 hours ago, Yokhen said:

Wow thank you. Do you know if they consume any gas or just non-polluted oxygen?

They require Fertilizer for sure but no big amount I dont know for gas. Im using polluted water in a Fertilizer maker, got more than enough.

Sorry OP we're off topic

Archived