Thread Poll  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see new biomes or creautes added into the game?

• Yeah
    • No
  2. 2. Would you want to see Broken down bases found randomly?

• Sure why not?
    • Nah doesn't seem right
  3. 3. Can Bosses fit in oxygen not included like in don't stare?

• Yeah! Monster huntin
    • Nah doesn't seem legit

I for one really enjoy watching gameplay of this game. its going great as well but some things are missing.

*KEEP IN MIND THAT THESE MAY CHANGE* *Also suggestions will build this thread more, if you have any suggestions comment and i may add them*

*barely any monsters* just hatches,morbs,and puffs nothing too dangerous (as so far i seen)

Algamags- A medium sized creature that eats algae, can befriend dups and dig in places full of gasses for the dups if fed algae. This creature would flee away anything that attacks it. drops bones and poisonous meat.

Found in hot steam biome, Plant like biome

Nites- A bat like creature.they would come in packs and are aggressive. they are scavengers when there are only a few of them around but when the whole pack is together they attack anything.However they don't like light. they would flee away from the light as they evolved to live in the dark. they would drop pelt like substance that could use for more suits. and bones for another way to fertilizes plants

Found in ravine

Gluttons-A fairly large neutral creature that eats plants. like cows they can be used to herd to farm. When danger is near they would flee with the herd, however there are alphas in which they protect.(Some of the offspring may turn out to be a alpha) better food *meat* leather *new suits, better beds?* and bones *plants*

found in Plant life biome

A slime monster that has a chance of spawning after breaking slime

Found in slime biomes

Centiabite-A centipede like creature that tunnels around, it is aggressive when provoked but left alone its passive. They don't mind lights and would try to usually avoid dups. they do sleep during the day and dig at night. drops a chitin matieral

Found in ravine biomes, any close biomes to the ravine

Cave strider-Spider typed one that produces silk but is neutral. they are solitary and build nests made of silk, the silk is flammable however can be used for a quick fire. Beware of the bite as it is poisonous and can give off multiple infections. Drops chitin material and rotten meat

Found in ravines, plant like biome

Hive beetles- Beetles that act more like ants than normal beetles, they pick up resources or harvest plants and store them up in Loot piles, when unattended dups can take the resources from them, however they would defend fiercely when dups are caught stealing. can become companions if dups give them food (They really like sweat lilies) and work for the dups. they would harvest or pick up any item and put them in piles for dups to collect.

Found in plant like biome, could be found in ravines but rarely

*SUGGESTED BY DEVELOPOUS*

Torque-Pretty much an evolved hatch, but only eats plants plus animals and is able to dig(even clearing out places). It's large enough to be ridden! But beware - it's heavy status, being 2 high and 3 wide, can easily crumble land supports under it unless well established. It can also survive disasters much better than usual (3x the usual time). But this creature, being an advanced one, is definitely quite ravenous, and extremely rare, plus it cannot gain ladder training either. Hot and cold doesn't mean a thing to it.Can also move large amounts of items all at once

Found in Plant like biome, hot steam biome 

PICTURES OF CREATURES:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPoR9eWIUP6zTh8yuoyOmfyglXM-XXSaDXz58cEddvLLkqL-JQiPiirtspPu3QE6w?key=OC1QcVhkOFZlN3RxSk1UQTg4OTNzM1hlWmhYYW53

Water creatures? i do see some load outs where there are HUGE amounts of water but its always empty.  

a piranha type creature found in contaminated water. once again comes in packs but isn't much harm alone. they would eat resources found in the water.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Biomes

I have seen magma in the game but it isn't too interesting and doesn't really feel like a biome. There should be new rocks down there as well as it being more dangerous. Kimberlite can be found (Im in need of more rocks :P) but also broken pieces of rock that will spill out magma if mined. (Could use a bit of more ideas since I'm not a scientist :b)

(Wild life- None so far)

a Plant like biome full of algae,water, and organic stuff, maybe new plants. home to some of the creatures on the list.The dirt here is full of minerals with abundant sources of algae. small pools of water can also be found here.

(Plant life)

Algae

chip wood (a plant similar to a tree but smaller, branches grow off the side of the plant making it look more like a bush than a small tree, Can be harvested for a wood type resource in where can be made into floors, frames,ect)

Torn Blossom (A Bright purple flower, These flowers can be made into certain medicine)

Sly fruit vine (Tough vines that produce a odd fruit, small and soft but bitter, full of needed vitamins. can be made into certain drinks/medicine

Sweet lily (A water plant, when harvested it can be refined into a type of sugar, this sugar can make bitter and sour foods taste better)

Pine Moss (a somewhat tall plant, branches can be harvested to create medicine)

(Wild life- Gluttons,algamites,cave strider,Rock Beetles) 

a ravine *or large cave* type biome full of ores but barely light. home to the bat like creatures

(Plant life- Thisle twigs (Thorny plants that grow in the ravine's rocks,pretty sharp, can be harvested to make food for animals)

(Wild life- Nites, Centibites, Rock Beetles,)

Hot Steam biome. lots of boiling water can be found there also with geysers. extremely hot but algae seems to grow there. a certain rock can be found here that helps algae grow but needs a constant supply of hot water. can be found near magma but not so close.

(Plant life)

Algae

Red Algae?

(Wild life-Algamites)

I ignore most creatures now in order to focus on task management. I think if there were too many encounters or creatures it would fundamentally change the game from what it is. One or two more wouldn't be horrible, but forced combat is a bad thing considering you have the option of turning off completely.

That being said, I would love to see some Eets cameos..

At the moment I ignore creatures as they quickly die one way or the other once you reach them... So make them more robust and smarter ! Sure why not add a few more like suggested but aggressive ones only away from base, they could be defending a valuable biome or something.

More variety in biomes yea we'll probably see that.

Better suits for sure. I dont like the current ones in Thermal patch.

Better "consumable" tools through research to improve digging/building sounds good.

14 hours ago, CreatingWithInk said:

Not sure if it classifies as a biome but I would like to see small abandoned bases or the remains of a dupe explorer, something along those lines.

That could work :o maybe it could add on to the story?

15 hours ago, PickPay said:

At the moment I ignore creatures as they quickly die one way or the other once you reach them... So make them more robust and smarter ! Sure why not add a few more like suggested but aggressive ones only away from base, they could be defending a valuable biome or something.

More variety in biomes yea we'll probably see that.

Better suits for sure. I dont like the current ones in Thermal patch.

Better "consumable" tools through research to improve digging/building sounds good.

yeah the biomes in this list won't be there right off the bat xD that would be horrible o_o. but the lava and the ravine would be deep down. while the plant like one would be far in the slime biomes

17 hours ago, scientas said:

I ignore most creatures now in order to focus on task management. I think if there were too many encounters or creatures it would fundamentally change the game from what it is. One or two more wouldn't be horrible, but forced combat is a bad thing considering you have the option of turning off completely.

That being said, I would love to see some Eets cameos..

true but like i said it won't be likely to encounter these new creatures fast. you would need to look for their biomes first :p but task management also needs to be worked on

On 3/20/2017 at 1:36 AM, VillaEnders said:

I never seen a volcanic type biome *full of magma* in the game why not add that since they already have the temperature for it *molten*

It's already in the game, you have to dig down to almost the bottom of the map

On 3/20/2017 at 1:36 AM, VillaEnders said:

a Plant like biome full of algae,water, and organic stuff, maybe new plants. home to some of the creatures on the list

So basically the slime biome. Which already exists.

1 hour ago, VillaEnders said:

Hot Steam biome. lots of boiling water can be found there also with geysers. extremely hot but algae seems to grow there.

If you have the Thermal Update installed geysers spawn in slime biomes.

On 3/20/2017 at 8:36 AM, VillaEnders said:

A fairly large neutral creature that eats plants. like cows they can be used to herd to farm. better food *meat* leather *new suits, better beds?* and bones *plants* 

A space cow? I might be on board with this... but it has to fart so much to offset its "uses" good luck with polluted oxygen... also it should feed off of algae (and if left out of an enclosed area, it could wander off to find algae terrariums and eat all the algae)

1 hour ago, Asparagus said:

A space cow? I might be on board with this... but it has to fart so much to offset its "uses" good luck with polluted oxygen... also it should feed off of algae (and if left out of an enclosed area, it could wander off to find algae terrariums and eat all the algae)

If we add the manure element from DS, we can have some decent farming as well with the compost.

5 hours ago, Cyberboy2000 said:

It's already in the game, you have to dig down to almost the bottom of the map

So basically the slime biome. Which already exists.

If you have the Thermal Update installed geysers spawn in slime biomes.

Hmm did my research and there does seem to be lava, but it isn't much of a biome, there should be molten typed rocks and tons of metals down there. 

i wasn't really thinking of slime when i meant all plant one. it would mean that theres lots of fertile ground which allows for certain types of new plants to grow

I've seen the geysers, they do spawn randomly. but I'm talking about a sub biome type thing where lots of boiling water is found. it comes with geysers :p

2 hours ago, Asparagus said:

it could :p but people would find it annoying as it eats all the algae from their terrariums and kill it xD. but it could do that why not. it could drop manure too but i guess it would produce bad oxgyen  

This goes perfectly with the ecology tech.

I'm gearing up for treeing out the technologies that will eventually emerge. These ideas are definitely related to the Ecology tech for implementation in this matter, whether it's justified or not.

Large Creature Idea: Torque. Pretty much an upgrade from the shelled creature, but only eats plants plus animals and is able to dig(even clearing out places). It's large enough to be ridden! But beware - it's heavy status, being 2 high and 3 wide, can easily crumble land supports under it unless well established. It can also survive disasters much better than usual (3x the usual time). But this creature, being an advanced one, is definitely quite ravenous, and extremely rare, plus it cannot gain ladder training either. Hot and cold doesn't mean a thing to it - go wild with that! But it can only breathe oxygen, co2, polluted air, steam, methane, and sulfur.

15 hours ago, Developous said:

This goes perfectly with the ecology tech.

I'm gearing up for treeing out the technologies that will eventually emerge. These ideas are definitely related to the Ecology tech for implementation in this matter, whether it's justified or not.

Large Creature Idea: Torque. Pretty much an upgrade from the shelled creature, but only eats plants plus animals and is able to dig(even clearing out places). It's large enough to be ridden! But beware - it's heavy status, being 2 high and 3 wide, can easily crumble land supports under it unless well established. It can also survive disasters much better than usual (3x the usual time). But this creature, being an advanced one, is definitely quite ravenous, and extremely rare, plus it cannot gain ladder training either. Hot and cold doesn't mean a thing to it - go wild with that! But it can only breathe oxygen, co2, polluted air, steam, methane, and sulfur.

This sounds nice :o ill think of something but thx for the suggestion. hmm but if theres a large herbivore that would mean large carnivores as well.... also I'm liking the detail you put in to this. i might need to add sizes in as well :p

3 minutes ago, Developous said:

My idea is that the larger versions are the adults. They can reproduce over time... and have better potentials.

Yeah there could add something where offspring may have better health or better movement speed and whatnot. currently in the game morbs spawn if theres is a dead dup but how did they end up in the first place? Without the dups around they would of need to have to reproduce 

Also for your suggestion where does the creature spawn in? what biome :p

1 hour ago, VillaEnders said:

Yeah there could add something where offspring may have better health or better movement speed and whatnot. currently in the game morbs spawn if theres is a dead dup but how did they end up in the first place? Without the dups around they would of need to have to reproduce 

Also for your suggestion where does the creature spawn in? what biome :p

Any biome that tolerates it's composition. It's not picky. Most likely in a hot biome, however.

Archived