Liquid Hydrogen Production? (Thermal Update)

Now that gas phase changes inside a pipe will cause them to break, is there a way to generate liquid hydrogen in the thermal update? I read a post talking about generating liquid oxygen with gaseous hydrogen as the working fluid but that clearly wont work for liquid hydrogen... 

The reason I want to create liquid hydrogen is for its power storage potential:

1000 kg per full tile

Hydrogen generator produces 800 w*s/s @ 100g(H2)/s

1000kg / 100g/s = 10000 seconds of run time per tile

10000s * 800 w*s/s = 8,000,000 w*s / 1000 = 8000 kw*s per tile

1 Kw*s = 1Kj, therefore 1 full tile of liquid hydrogen is equal to 8000 KJ of electrical storage (minus losses for reheating and transport)

tldr: 1 tile of liquid hydrogen is like 228 full batteries without the heat production

3 hours ago, Risu said:

Liquid hydrogen has a temperature range of 14K and 21K. Good luck.

Yeah I ran into that on the previous patch. Instead of the pink swimming pool I wanted I got buggy pink ice and a crash to desktop. Perhaps it's doable if you use weezeworts for the last bit, but I'm not sure how those behave at those temperatures. Still for the OP's purposes I think ice is even better, as you can stack that indefinitely on a single tile if you use the container trick.

2 hours ago, PaulV said:

Yeah I ran into that on the previous patch. Instead of the pink swimming pool I wanted I got buggy pink ice and a crash to desktop. Perhaps it's doable if you use weezeworts for the last bit, but I'm not sure how those behave at those temperatures. Still for the OP's purposes I think ice is even better, as you can stack that indefinitely on a single tile if you use the container trick.

That thing is really pink... now I also want to make it!

q15PsaZ.png

I wouldn't mine pipe breaking to get at least some small amount but problem is that first pipe which breaks is right behind thermo regulator and even in vacuum that small liquid hydrogen immediately evaporates from regulator heat.

Archived