Help With Energy Conservation

TU-Energy.jpg

I've gotten to the point where I need 7 Dupes to run the Hamsters Wheels daily to store energy enough for the day leaving 3 Dupes to do other things.

I currently have running; 5 Air Pumps, 3 Water Pumps, 3 Air Filters, 3 Switches, 2 Electrolyzers, 2 Hydrogen Generators, 1 Air Scubber, 1 Bio Distiller, 1 Water Purifier, 1 Refrigerator, and 1 Musher

I have 2 power grids; one for the tower and one for the reservoir and I'm in the process of pumping the Contaminated Water above my colony into the reservoir to be processed into fresh water. The gardens and toilet have no power going to it. The tins of Hydrogen I pumped up above the colony got eaten up really quick. I think it only lasted 2-3 Cycles before the Batteries began to slowly drain again. Now I'm stuck back where I was before building them.

Thanx!

hello, nice little base there.
I too have 10 dupes. Almost at cycle 300. I did have fewer dupes before but I still use 1 electrolyzer. My room has 2 pumps though. I think it can almost use 3. As the room doesnt get empty and with 1 pump the electrolyzer gets max pressure warnings. i think a bigger room would help let the gas fill up around the pump since it pulls all around it.

Another tip if you havnt already. try disabling everything your dont need. (obviously lol) like the microb musher. just use the plants. and maybe your algae  machine. The maps come with a ton of coal. So stick a couple in the cold biomes with temp switches. or a drip setup and catch the steam. Or my favorite. In the gas cooling tank.  I like to super cool hydrogen which freezes any  other gas in the tank, while hydrogen remains a gas. my some what small tank ccould probably keep 3 coal gens cool.

another thing. Someone said they went to cycle 400 or soemthing with only Algae. you dont need water at all which would cut back basically all your power needs. and if you find one of those geysers. so much water.
anyways good luck lol

Thanx!

Yeah, I decided to shut off everything except the Bio Distiller, Water Purifier, and the Water Pump pumping in Contaminated Water. I went to Algae Terrariums.

I don't even know how to make a steam generator. Players talk about it, but never explain how to make it with pics and examples. If I knew I would convert the tank I have into something.

I haven't send a Geyser yet or even explored the Ice biome yet. I've been to busy refining and saving my colony.

9 hours ago, leeroyjenkemmms said:

Another tip if you havnt already. try disabling everything your dont need. (obviously lol) like the microb musher. just use the plants. and maybe your algae  machine. The maps come with a ton of coal. So stick a couple in the cold biomes with temp switches. or a drip setup and catch the steam. Or my favorite. In the gas cooling tank.  I like to super cool hydrogen which freezes any  other gas in the tank, while hydrogen remains a gas. my some what small tank ccould probably keep 3 coal gens cool.

This new for me . Hydrogen cooling tank ? I need to test this :) if posible i will fill up geysers with hydrogen :)  , can you show me your colling gas ? 

This colony died because of a bug involving the Water Purifier. No Dupe would deliver Sand to it no matter what I did and I ran out of Water at 185 Cycles. I rebuilt it multiple times during the duration of the game and they filled it less than a dozen times even though I have tons of Sand. They would Deliver Sand to other things, but straight out ignore the Water Purifier.

I did start a new colony and the design is much better. I decided to localize the reservoirs to be run by a single Dupe named Abe to see if this would fix the bug, which hasn't popped up. Abe's whole  job run the reservoirs and he's pretty much imprisoned himself to that area because I put up a Mechanical Airlock he's barred from using. He has everything he needs to live and other Dupes can deliver Sand and Algae for the Bio Distiller and Water Purifier while all he does is generate power using the Hamster Wheel and deliver to machines. The design is about 90% complete. I'm still building the Contaminated Water reservoir because the game started with a bunch where I decided to build it, so I had to build it slowly while also pumping it out.

TU-DIAH-Cycle52.jpg

2673549B6793B4A57FEF2323126886B470BC54B5smaller circuits with only a few batteries and one or 2 machines  they last as long as the big circuits  but don't all fail at the same time decor lights on a medium batteries last dozens of cycles and take no time to recharge

Archived