210489 Update Steam generation via tepidizer ?

11 hours ago, Fatmice said:

Indeed.  But you can use it to preheat water before steaming it.  I've successfully created steam in the current update.  The issue isn't creating steam, it is more of how to manage it so it doesn't destroy your buildings.  With the current material properties, boiling water is safer than boiling polluted water.  But it is more interesting to boil polluted water as it drops dirt.  The only other source of dirt is to boil algae, which also turns into dirt at 125C, the exact overheating temperature of the current best material gold amalgam.

There is an even worse problem.  When you get steam, it will inevitably condenses in the steam room and creates water.  This water will then form films of water everywhere and causing massive issues with your buildings, increasing the likelyhood that they will break.

with which kind of device did u made steam ?

12 hours ago, k2trix said:

Hi everyone,

I was hoping that we still can generate steam by heating contaminated water as we could have done with batteries before, but i have a big problem.

but why u need it? u can get unlimited amount clean water from geysires.

3 hours ago, leeroyjenkemmms said:

I had some bug today where a spot had looked like it filled with fallen material like sand. when i mouse-over'd it, it said "steel door" material alloy. which made the category of "refined metals" pop up.

SECRETS!! HYPEE!!

Steel Door is a hack element used by doors (obviously) to have same strength as all the impenetrable elements.

On 19/03/2017 at 8:41 AM, Fatmice said:

I'm using batteries to heat the water.  Use the small kind.  They put out 30 W instead of 20 W.  I'm experimenting with different builds to try and deal with the water film issues.

Okey, but personally due to some kind of bug, i can t heat with batteries.

They do heat up, but recently they don't heat well anymore.  This has been happening with the current build 210489.  In the previous build they still heat up very nicely.  Having said that, batteries do heat up if you leave them in a vacuum, rather fast too.  However, they're like a wet sock when you add any kind of running liquid to draw their heat away.

1 hour ago, Fatmice said:

They do heat up, but recently they don't heat well anymore.  This has been happening with the current build 210489.  In the previous build they still heat up very nicely.  Having said that, batteries do heat up if you leave them in a vacuum, rather fast too.  However, they're like a wet sock when you add any kind of running liquid to draw their heat away.

Sometimes I feel like they don't us to make our own steam generation. Sadly :(

Just now, k2trix said:

Sometimes I feel like they don't us to make our own steam generation. Sadly :(

Perhaps, or it could just be that there will be a boiling building.  Supposedly, there is a water distiller building in the code somewhere that will put out steam and dirt given polluted water.

27 minutes ago, Fatmice said:

Perhaps, or it could just be that there will be a boiling building.  Supposedly, there is a water distiller building in the code somewhere that will put out steam and dirt given polluted water.

BUILDINGS.PREFABS.DISTILLATIONCOLUMN.NAME = "Distillation Column";
BUILDINGS.PREFABS.DISTILLATIONCOLUMN.DESC = "Gets hot and steamy.";
BUILDINGS.PREFABS.DISTILLATIONCOLUMN.EFFECT = string.Format("Separates any <style=\"liquid\">{0}</style> piped through it into <style=\"gas\">Steam</style> and <style=\"solid\">{1}</style>.", ELEMENTS.DIRTYWATER.NAME, ELEMENTS.TOXICSAND.NAME);

Takes in polluted water to make steam and contaminated dirt. Only reference to it that I know of.

30 minutes ago, Fatmice said:

Where in the data files can u find these values ?

1 minute ago, Risu said:

BUILDINGS.PREFABS.DISTILLATIONCOLUMN.NAME = "Distillation Column";
BUILDINGS.PREFABS.DISTILLATIONCOLUMN.DESC = "Gets hot and steamy.";
BUILDINGS.PREFABS.DISTILLATIONCOLUMN.EFFECT = string.Format("Separates any <style=\"liquid\">{0}</style> piped through it into <style=\"gas\">Steam</style> and <style=\"solid\">{1}</style>.", ELEMENTS.DIRTYWATER.NAME, ELEMENTS.TOXICSAND.NAME);

Takes in polluted water to make steam and contaminated dirt. Only reference to it that I know of.

Hopefully, it will take into real shape and not just old forgotten code.

On 3/19/2017 at 0:21 PM, Risu said:

Steel Door is a hack element used by doors (obviously) to have same strength as all the impenetrable elements.

Are they fighting their own system already? In alpha?

1 hour ago, Fatmice said:

Yeah the cold finger is a slower.

788b2ffc6dd3436baef0b68d9be96882.png

idk why the wire bridge keep cooling and some time got -188 but the polutted stay in -46 some time -50 after that all pipe broke because to cool -200 and i realize the hydrogen leak out idk why ? can any one explain ?

58 minutes ago, Fatmice said:

You got ice all over them so of course they will continue to cool.  How did you get ice in that box?  I use hydrogen on the inside of that box.

around that ? from dinging why ? i keep monitor and they still same amount 

If you are leaking hydrogen, one of your pipe broke.  Hydrogen liquefy at -252.2, but really at -256.2.  What temperature is the gas inside the box?  If you are using the thermometer to shut off the thermo-regulator before it reaches condensation temperature then you are safe.  The cold fingers will cool slower than the gas in the box, but will eventually reach the temperature of the gas.

On 2017/3/19 at 3:43 AM, Risu said:

It's quite useless really. Usually want to use water for cooling things, not heating them up.
That's what the coal generator is for.

One use is to keep thimble reed above its minimum temperature, but even than you need a thermal switch to control it.

The coal has around 480w of heat, about 100kg water can easily cool it

Archived