Thermal stones and sewing kits?

Does anyone else find it weird that you can repair thermal stones with a sewing kit? Like how do you sew a rock back together? It makes no sense! :wilsondisagreeable:

On a related note, why can't you use the sewing kit on a beekeeper hat? That seems like it would make more sense than a rock.

6 minutes ago, StarvingHound said:

Does anyone else find it weird that you can repair thermal stones with a sewing kit? Like how do you sew a rock back together? It makes no sense! :wilsondisagreeable:

On a related note, why can't you use the sewing kit on a beekeeper hat? That seems like it would make more sense than a rock.

I was not aware of that! haha

thanks

In a world where pigs walk on two legs and live in houses that could only fit them standind still the whole time, ewes perform karate kicks and there is a man who run faster right after having his dinner, yes why not.

On 3/18/2017 at 10:49 AM, StarvingHound said:

I'm quite surprised Klei never made a drawing of Wilson sewing a rock like the one they did when they fixed the sewing sandcastles bug.

I always thought you couldn't sew the beekeeper hat because it had rope in it. Because, who sews together rope, you know? You can't sew a tent either after all.. But you can sew a hybernation vest, because there's valuable items in the recipe.. Or something. No sense was made on this day. 

The heatrock prefab is missing:

inst.components.fueled.no_sewing = true

(Sewing and fueled components are tied, and it seems Klei wanted them to not be but that's not the case yet.)

On 3/18/2017 at 1:49 PM, StarvingHound said:

Sewing repairs fueled component with FUELTYPE.USAGE, and the beekeeper hat has armor for its component and no fueled.

I've often wondered about a lot of the sewing logic.  Like, why can you sew an umbrella but not a football helmet, which is not only made from the same pigskin but has _visible stiches_!  Logsuit no, but why not a grass suit?  I get that for some reason armour is exempt, but me, I would've gone on a case-by-case basis based off of what it's made out of, myself...

And yes, in the solo game the thermal stone HAS no durability!  As soon as I saw how it worked in Together, I immediately grabbed a mod to undo that nonsense.  Because--as with Willow's original form, if you "grew up with" singleplayer, the Together change is kind of a shock!

(And yes, nowadays I know that the Together thermal stone also never goes to a _harmful_ temperature over time, thereby making the unbreakable version of THAT a bit overpowered as compared to the original. If I found a mod that just COMPLETELY turned it back to the singleplayer version, including going glowing orange and hurting you in the summer, I'd totally take that.   All ya have to do, after all, is put it away from you for a few seconds while it cools down next to your endo fire.  Or reverse for winter.  (shrug)  If it gets eaten by the occasional moleworm, well, that's a form of "breakage" I'm already used to!  : P)

...Notorious

11 hours ago, GiddyGuy said:

I'm quite surprised Klei never made a drawing of Wilson sewing a rock like the one they did when they fixed the sewing sandcastles bug.

mind linking me to the picture or posting it here, please?

I always found that it was a pain that thermal stones were losing durability in DST. Sewing those is greatly welcome, even if it doesn't make sens. I find silk easier to harvest than stones...        (Wendy & Abi main   :3)

Archived