New feature suggestion: Turning items

"Gas Filter" and "Liquid Filter" can be turn the way you want. This feature should be given to make all buildings that require a connection of some sort. Being able to turn "Thermo Regulator" for example, can be the difference between a piping nightmare or a sweet sweet dream! Especially if the player has OCD for order =)

Actually, the developers stated on stream that they enjoy the challenge of organizing your piping.  As such they gave the impression that they do not intend on allowing rotation of everything.

7 minutes ago, Ecu said:

Actually, the developers stated on stream that they enjoy the challenge of organizing your piping.  As such they gave the impression that they do not intend on allowing rotation of everything.

I did not know that. I hope they don't land on that decision been final.

Just now, fatman_n said:

I did not know that. I hope they don't land on that decision been final.

Why?  Honestly it creates an interesting challenge when setting up things.  Puzzle solving is kind of a staple of a game like ONI.

1 minute ago, AlexRou said:

Sorry I didn't quite understand what you were saying and took a guess :p

That's okay. Its not always easy to explain yourself (myself) in your (my) own language, even harder on another. All I can do, is do the best I can, and hope for the best ^^,

1 minute ago, Ecu said:

Why?  Honestly it creates an interesting challenge when setting up things.  Puzzle solving is kind of a staple of a game like ONI.

Cuz I rarely find piping a challenge, but i go mad when things are out of order XD But that's just my opinion, and that's what this site is all about, sharing opinions =D No matter what Klei decides, ONI is a great game!!!!

Just now, fatman_n said:

Cuz I rarely find piping a challenge, but i go mad when things are out of order XD But that's just my opinion, and that's what this site is all about, sharing opinions =D No matter what Klei decides, ONI is a great game!!!!

Can you screenshot a example (in pipe view mode)?

11 minutes ago, AlexRou said:

Well if you can rotate them there is another problem ... they will look weird so you didn't solve the OCD issue 

How will the look weird? Klei would have to mirror the animation to fit it all. They cant change the input/output without changing the way the machine is facing to. So in this case, in staid of all the fans on the machine facing left, the fans on the right would have to face right if you could turn the building.

Just now, fatman_n said:

How will the look weird? Klei would have to mirror the animation to fit it all. They cant change the input/output without changing the way the machine is facing to. So in this case, in staid of all the fans on the machine facing left, the fans on the right would have to face right if you could turn the building.

If they do it like the filters, the fan facing right would mean the bottom facing up. And rotating it 90* just looks weird too.

16 minutes ago, AlexRou said:

If they do it like the filters, the fan facing right would mean the bottom facing up. And rotating it 90* just looks weird too.

Take the original picture, and flip it once horizontal. Not 90*, not 120*. If you are using the program 'paint' that is integrated in windows, its called 'Flip horizontal'.

Just now, fatman_n said:

Take the original picture, and flip it once horizontal. Not 90*, not 120*. If you are using the program 'paint' that is integrated in windows, its called 'Flip horizontal'.

That is not rotating that filters have, that is flipping. Completely different. 

6 minutes ago, AlexRou said:

That is not rotating that filters have, that is flipping. Completely different. 

You say potato, I say potaito. I am sorry my English is not fluid enough to get every grammar correct. I am using A LOT of google translate in here, and we all know how that translate sometimes,

Just now, fatman_n said:

You say potato, I say potaito. I am sorry my English is not fluid enough to get every grammar correct. I am using A LOT of google translate in here, and we all know how that translate sometimes,

Yeah, at least now we understand what you are talking about.

4 minutes ago, fatman_n said:

Gotta upvote every example using potato.  I agree with the overall suggestion btw fatman_n, this is a welcome change and I too am bothered by the awkward piping that I need.  The challenge once overcome results in a messy and frustrating structure.  I have restarted entire games just because it worked, but it looked bad and it kept bothering me.  I would appreciate some care for the mentally unhealthy boys and girls that neverthless support this game! :p

Just now, Luponius said:

Gotta upvote every example using potato.  I agree with the overall suggestion btw fatman_n, this is a welcome change and I too am bothered by the awkward piping that I need.  The challenge once overcome results in a messy and frustrating structure.  I have restarted entire games just because it worked, but it looked bad and it kept bothering me.  I would appreciate some care for the mentally unhealthy boys and girls that neverthless support this game! :p

If you saw me playing factorio you would know how OCD I can be :p 

20 minutes ago, Luponius said:

Thank you! Was starting to get a little frustrated of not been understood ^^,

1 minute ago, fatman_n said:

Thank you! Was starting to get a little frustrated of not been understood ^^,

I know its hard sometimes but the important thing is to keep talking until at least one person understands then everyone else will.

Archived