[BUG]lag spikes everywhere and awful GUI respond

Hey

For me game mechanic is fair enough now, with this beta, IMHO game much easier and fun.

What is natter most to me that I get heavy lag spikes everywhere (the alpha didn't have this behavior). Most frustrated thing is when you try to click on a GUI item, and got lag and that moment you move your mouse to click another GUI element due to commence your order or select another item correspond your previous select. Now this the moment which most bothers me; as you move over your mouse because of lag, another item or "command GUI element" selected, and because of this it can happen that you end up with  a totally different result instead your initial. 

Very frustrating...

I hope, you can fix this.

3 hours ago, Pex said:

Hey

For me game mechanic is fair enough now, with this beta, IMHO game much easier and fun.

What is natter most to me that I get heavy lag spikes everywhere (the alpha didn't have this behavior). Most frustrated thing is when you try to click on a GUI item, and got lag and that moment you move your mouse to click another GUI element due to commence your order or select another item correspond your previous select. Now this the moment which most bothers me; as you move over your mouse because of lag, another item or "command GUI element" selected, and because of this it can happen that you end up with  a totally different result instead your initial. 

Very frustrating...

I hope, you can fix this.

Same like me . Memory leaks its heppend when you play  3-4 hour just use alarm set every 2 hour . Yes ik that pain in ass but if you enjoy play this game deal with this alhpa first hehehhehhe

Curiously enough with this new branch it happens to me quite less often, nevertheless it still occurs, specially after letting the game paused for more than 20ish minutes which -I think- makes the OS move the game's memory to disk. Now the problem is that trying to close the game at this stage can take quite some time too (2~3 minutes at most?) so killing the process is better.

Seems you misunderstood me... I'm not talking about "memory leaking" and such... by the way, these type of bug causes not only by memory leak. So stop pretending you are software developers. No offense.

I report: In Thermal Upgrade (since beginning, no matter what version number), I have static GUI lagging problem with description above (OP). Not after x hour, not now or then but all the time. In addition, with the Preview Branch version, I don't get this behavior even after 4-5 hours later.

Hai pex :) im not say or claim im soft develop . , juest heppend i know what is memory leaking . I got lag spike after play more 2 hour or after my dupe reach 20 or open world more than 70% for press ESc take 1 minut . If not memory leaking then what ? Please tell me 

3 hours ago, Bournaide said:

This is definitly a memory leak,
Event if you're pausing the game this is happening !!!
After 12h pausing game my game ate 7.5Gig, after close the game and reload -> 1Gig ...

There may be a memory leak, but that doesn't mean that Pex's experience is related to the memory leak. It seems to be happening immediately from starting the game, so I certainly don't believe it's related to the memory leak, though I imagine the leak will make his problems even worse with time.

What the OP refers to is most likely a problem with too much stuff being executed on the GUI thread or user input is just being read too late. I often misplace objects because of that lag.

Steps to reproduce:

• You plan a building by clicking with the mouse.
  • Game hangs for a short time.
  • Your plan ends up where your mouse currently is, not where you clicked.

I don't think that this is related to memory leaks. Is it really that easy to produce memory leaks in a virtual machine like Mono/.NET?

1 hour ago, xbeo said:

What the OP refers to is most likely a problem with too much stuff being executed on the GUI thread or user input is just being read too late. I often misplace objects because of that lag.

Steps to reproduce:

• You plan a building by clicking with the mouse.
  • Game hangs for a short time.
  • Your plan ends up where your mouse currently is, not where you clicked.

I don't think that this is related to memory leaks. Is it really that easy to produce memory leaks in a virtual machine like Mono/.NET?

Thanks man, this is it, exactly. Yet still, I don't think so, it's a memory leak. (at least, this bug I described) And I'd like to pay attention that many people said that the main branch had this "memory leak" and because of that they had to restart the game often. But I REPEAT: I didn't have any issues. But with this branch build, I got this terrible GUI lagging and "misclicking". And not helps if I restart the game. My PC machine spec is far better than this game needs.

3 minutes ago, Pex said:

Thanks man, this is it, exactly. Yet still, I don't think so, it's a memory leak. (at least, this bug I described) And I'd like to pay attention that many people said that the main branch had this "memory leak" and because of that they had to restart the game often. But I REPEAT: I didn't have any issues. But with this branch build, I got this terrible GUI lagging and "misclicking". And not helps if I restart the game. My PC machine spec is far better than this game needs.

Saying "My PC machine spec is far better than this game needs." Is not good enough, post your actual specs. If its as good as you say then the devs can see the specs and think its a major problem. 

Archived