New to DST i have some questions

hey guys! im an old player of dont starve and i had managed to survive for like 900 days or so before dying to get xp after i got webber and maxwell unlocked, and my brother started playing dont starve together me and my brother is "somewhat decent players" and we only played 2 players, in the third day, someone died of spider warriors from the den and there were 3 of them from a tier 2, then that player got resurrected with the touch stone, in like around day 10 or so there were hounds, and were like ok, hounds, theyre easy and we made log suits and get our spears and we got rekt and im like why are there many hounds?! usually there are just 2 hounds in the first raid and for the koalefants, i noticed theyre a lot harder then the vanilla is it because of the new update or were playing DST in 2/6 players? and i felt like we had the good strategy by using wolfgang and wickerbottom, im new to DST hopefully the community will accept me as its own (btw does the max player capacity affects the difficulty? and some tips about creating the worlds when ur playing with just 2 people... thx (my brither highest is 600 days on regular DS and mine is around 1300 or so on regular DS))

No the amount of players does not have an effect on world difficulty, unfortunately. Although there are mods for it.

Don't Starve Together has scaled up variables to accommodate for the fact that multiple players will be present, regardless of whether or not they are. However, bosses are the only creatures where these variables are significantly noticeable. The amount of enemies you are encountering is relatively standard, you will need to just adjust to the differentiation in gameplay.

You will find that there are a few differences in difficulty scaling when comparing single-player to multi-player Don't Starve, now in the case of hounds there shouldn't be more than a hound or two a person. The best way to deal with them being to attack them as they spawn in and to try and prevent them from gaining numbers. Koelephants have double their original hp in the multiplayer version, you will find many monsters especially bosses have higher HP in comparison to single-player, but regardless of how many players you have in a game (even if you're playing by yourself) their HP will be the same.

Archived