Algae Reliance & Shower Inefficiency

1 minute ago, Vilda said:

That reminds me, what is the shortcut for Cell painter? Never cold find it for some reason...

Do you wanna enter debug mode? I think we have post some where here on forum how to do that so I use it, let me see... it's here

2 hours ago, alcurad90 said:

Dig a hole to  bury  CO2 would help

There is no CO in a room. Its enclosed.

What I’m trying to achieve is setup with Electrolyzer + Hydrogen Generator + 2 Gas pumps + Air filter according to building descriptions all building should be able to run at full efficiency and final net is +12g Hydrogen +888g oxygen + 80 power. But it doesn’t work and the reason as I see it – electrolyzer. It briefly stop working because of pressure and I’m trying to find a workaround.

2 minutes ago, Profitz said:

There is no CO in a room. Its enclosed.

What I’m trying to achieve is setup with Electrolyzer + Hydrogen Generator + 2 Gas pumps + Air filter according to building descriptions all building should be able to run at full efficiency and final net is +12g Hydrogen +888g oxygen + 80 power. But it doesn’t work and the reason as I see it – electrolyzer. It briefly stop working because of pressure and I’m trying to find a workaround.

It also stops working from the Empty Pipe bug, it's just rare for there to ever not be water waiting.

2 minutes ago, Profitz said:

It briefly stop working because of pressure and I’m trying to find a workaround.

I don't think you will, that Max pressure reached is annoying but not avoidable. I wanted to burn some water and create oxygen outside of my base and couldn't because there was like 3kg of polluted oxygen or CO2 everywhere.

On the other hand I found out the perfect use for Algae terrarium - it does not care for Max pressure. Or it clears some space by eating the CO2 but the effect is the same - it spawns that O2.

11 minutes ago, Risu said:

It also stops working from the Empty Pipe bug, it's just rare for there to ever not be water waiting.

Liquid pump I use for this test works exclusively for electoryzer so there is tons of water sitting in a pipe all the time. I look at the info pane for entire cycle and never see “empty pipe” warning.

10 minutes ago, Vilda said:

I don't think you will, that Max pressure reached is annoying but not avoidable.

Probably it is possible to turn oxygen into liquid form as soon as it created by electrolyzer somehow?

Really really cold area?

Try put some co2 in a room, cool it down with hydrofan (it goes down quickly and stays that way)and then turn on the electrolyser there.

I wanted to try making it from polluted oxygen this way, but did not get to it yet.

6 hours ago, alcurad90 said:

1, Forget algae, use water electrolyzer

2, Green for pipes in and white for pipes out, that's all.

3, Hey pal, shower is a way of making fertilizer

4, Seal your water pool with a roof and vomit will not cause any trouble.

Ya, I'm amazed with how well the water electrolyzer's currently work, it changes up the strategy, definitely a lot easier than keeping an algae upkeep and trying to convert slime into algae. Which in itself becomes inefficient since you have the following scenarios.

Option A. I create a water electrolyzer turning said water into oxygen that releases hydrogen in which I just create a huge ceiling with gas pumps to later convert the hydrogen into power or

Option B. I create Bio-distillers* think that's the name, converting slime which when gathered creates polluted oxygen, contaminates the environment, in order to produce algae which has a by-product of polluted water meaning if I want to then convert that water back into clean water I have to go through another whole process of creating that cleanser all in an effort to product a small amount of algae which can be used to produce oxygen.

The "Risk/rewards" are very imbalanced in these scenarios, since you have water electrolyzers, now with the ice biomes, and geysers in which currently water isn't much of an issue.

Then you have the slime conversion into algae which is more trouble than it's worth since it requires Dupes to go into bio-hazard location in an attempt to create oxygen all while contaminating the environment around them. 

Even an option that transfers the algae directly to the algae locations would be useful cause at least then there is  reward for using such a dangerous process to obtain algae, no longer having to use Dupes to manually refill said algae reserves.

Question then, in the older version of ONI to use the electrolyzer you had to use a liquid valve and still make sure water wasn't backing up in the pipes. Otherwise you would lose 9KG of water constantly. Has that been fixed in the thermal update? Do I even need a liquid valve? Or can I just hook up my electrolyzers to my main water line without any loss?

2 minutes ago, Nibbler230 said:

Question then, in the older version of ONI to use the electrolyzer you had to use a liquid valve and still make sure water wasn't backing up in the pipes. Otherwise you would lose 9KG of water constantly. Has that been fixed in the thermal update? Do I even need a liquid valve? Or can I just hook up my electrolyzers to my main water line without any loss?

You were never losing 9kg of water, nobody ever bothered to watch the rest of the pipe.

52 minutes ago, Risu said:

You were never losing 9kg of water, nobody ever bothered to watch the rest of the pipe.

I do remember having a long pipe backed up with water, turning off the pump so no new water was coming in, and without a liquid valve 10kg of water was moving every few seconds while the electrolyzer was active. I've seen that bug reported many times. Had something to do with the electolyzer not checking the content of the pipe. but ya it seems fixed so hip hip hooray.

yes, I noticed it using 10kg and was confused, I watched and tweacked my system to confirm this was happening. Say I had a pipe of 10 length, it would have 10kg in each pipe holding 100kg of water. The electrolyzer should be using 1kg per cycle (not sure if it's every second or not), so it should do 100 cycles with the stored up water. It clearly only did 10 or 11 cycles. When I went to report the bug I found many had already reported it.

Archived