1 minute ago, Fatmice said:

Keep them nice and comfy and they won't get sick of course? :D

Well, you probably can split dubs movement by air locks and doors, so those who have good medicine can pass into bad environment, but still how about medicine skill increase?

There are stats that you can't increase yet like Strength, so maybe Medicine is like that?

It's one of the reasons strength is a very crucial skill to look for from dupes. Other skills like especially Athletics are complete irrelevant. They'll get very high level in that regardless of the starting level, and it doesn't matter if they are anemic either. It'll be countered by skill increase rather quickly.

Like in real life? the more they get diseased? Codewise is there something that triggers the increase in medicine? getting a disease, healing from one either naturally or via pills, or even making those pills? (no-sense, but if butter can spawn butterflies...)

1 minute ago, Fatmice said:

Maybe making medicines?

Already done 100 pills, and 10 pills from water and sand (placebo) didn't get any skill increase. Placebo was eaten, but it will decrease heal time, not resistance and I can't find this attribute.

3 minutes ago, Octyabr said:

Like in real life? the more they get diseased? Codewise is there something that triggers the increase in medicine? getting a disease, healing from one either naturally or via pills, or even making those pills? (no-sense, but if butter can spawn butterflies...)

Didn't get any immune, can became sick all the time by the same temperature sickness with is probably most think I scare of.

8 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

There are stats that you can't increase yet like Strength, so maybe Medicine is like that?

Hmm, so probably some times is better to take dubs with skills they can't increase in the future.

2 minutes ago, Nativel said:

Hmm, so probably some times is better to take dubs with skills they can't increase in the future.

That's what I do. I do not take anyone that hasn't got 4 strength minimum.

EDIT: IIRC, strength 4 is 100% additional carrying capacity, so he carries the same in one delivery run that 2 dupes do, and one dupe in two runs if they have 0 strength.

Healing: red potions. Increase max health: heart pieces.

A new thing to test: Is it really worth it the rejuvenator? They are not exactly a lot faster than the clinical beds.

I personally use the rejuvenator just because it looks better.

1 minute ago, Octyabr said:

A new thing to test: Is it really worth it the rejuvenator? They are not exactly a lot faster than the clinical beds.

Still haven't built the rejuvenator even once yet.
Health loss is so rare right now that it doesn't even matter.

On 3/17/2017 at 5:53 PM, Octyabr said:

I don't know if it's a bug or what but when I use it dupes gain their health back in like 10 seconds and raise all the way up to 140ish. The clinical bed by comparison may take an entire day if not more.

6 hours ago, Yokhen said:

I don't know if it's a bug or what but when I use it dupes gain their health back in like 10 seconds and raise all the way up to 140ish. The clinical bed by comparison may take an entire day if not more.

Pre-beta it took almost the same time, so, considering that the rejuvenator consumes energy, a little extra speed was negligible, but now, they recover health almost instantly (maybe a bug) and stop healing after the standing up animation ends. (certainly a bug). This way, I've managed to have a 200 hp duplicant.

18 minutes ago, Octyabr said:

Pre-beta it took almost the same time, so, considering that the rejuvenator consumes energy, a little extra speed was negligible, but now, they recover health almost instantly (maybe a bug) and stop healing after the standing up animation ends. (certainly a bug). This way, I've managed to have a 200 hp duplicant.

It says it's suppose to heal 10000 hit points a day. Seems a tad excessive.

Archived