Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

bzgzd

How to make cheap ice?

15 posts in this topic

Anyone tried to make somehow ice from geyser water?
Geyser water/steam into coal energy.

Hatch can eat ice from storage and make it to coal so if making ice would need less coal than resulting ice amount...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pump it into an ice biome. The water seriously loses the fight with cold.

20170317205457_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, bzgzd said:

Anyone tried to make somehow ice from geyser water?
Geyser water/steam into coal energy.

Hatch can eat ice from storage and make it to coal so if making ice would need less coal than resulting ice amount...

 

what if you'll put steam in 12 thermo regulators? or 13, not sure with steam themperature, and there is new nuclear device for water heating... but this system well consume like 3500 W of energy. Is it worth it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nativel said:

what if you'll put steam in 12 thermo regulators? or 13, not sure with steam themperature, and there is new nuclear device for water heating... but this system well consume like 3500 W of energy. Is it worth it?

The pipes will break (at least in the Thermal update) if you try to turn the steam into ice inside of the pipes. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beowulfe said:

The pipes will break (at least in the Thermal update) if you try to turn the steam into ice inside of the pipes. :(

IC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fatmice said:

What nuclear device are you talking about?

Liquid terpidizer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Nativel said:

what if you'll put steam in 12 thermo regulators? or 13, not sure with steam themperature, and there is new nuclear device for water heating... but this system well consume like 3500 W of energy. Is it worth it?

As Beowulfe wrote, with this update it seems gas pipes can hold only gas.
As soon as steam changes to water pipes are broken and water drops out.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently, once it reaches certain density, Ice (and probably other things just don't change temperature at all. 54 tons and still going up.

20170317214322_1.jpg

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Nativel said:

Liquid terpidizer.

That thing is a joke.  It eats 960W and heat to only 85C and stop.  It is hard coded.

14 minutes ago, Vilda said:

Apparently, once it reaches certain density, Ice (and probably other things just don't change temperature at all. 54 tons and still going up.

Did your water continue to condense on to that ice nucleus?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Fatmice said:

Did your water continues to condense on to that ice nucleous?

Sorry, but with those mixed tenses can't quite decipher the question. Are you asking if it still freezes and grows that Ice blob? Yes it does, 1 ton in 2 cycles.

20170317215327_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Vilda said:

Sorry, but with those mixed tenses can't quite decipher the question. Are you asking if it still freezes and grows that Ice blob? Yes it does, 1 ton in 2 cycles.

20170317215327_1.jpg

Fixed my tenses.  I had to take a phone call.  Interesting.  So the ice will continue to grow from a single nucleus.  Why doesn't it nucleate elsewhere?  Or it does and I just don't see it on your screenshot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It grows at several (you can see the one jumping up at middle ladder), but this one most noticeably and steadily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vilda said:

Apparently, once it reaches certain density, Ice (and probably other things just don't change temperature at all. 54 tons and still going up.

So you can use it in base as passive giant ice-ball cooler furniture.

Maybe it is so large that its temperature goes up only by 0.001 and game remembers just 2 decimal and so it cools and cools everything around without getting any hotter.

 

0vJzuZs.png

---

Edit:

Actually it is not reacting at all... just sitting there in 300 °C

GSArs4N.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites