Game keeps Freezing/crashing. Please help

Last year i faced no such problems and one year later when i come back all of klei entertainment games Dont starve , dont starve together(single/multiplayer) and oxygen not included keeps crashing or freezing my laptop and i end up restarting the laptop .I simply cant play anymore.

The only thing that's changed is earlier i was using windows 7 or 8 dont remember and currently using Windows 10. I even added another 4 GB card to tackle this problem.

.Also , i have done everything mentioned in the support section regarding this.

Is my Laptop not good enough? I dont face any problem playing other games.

Spoiler

------------------
System Information
------------------
      Time of this report: 3/17/2017, 08:08:23
             Machine name: PP-PC
               Machine Id: {5F24ACBE-064B-4EF5-BCE5-379CE96B907C}
         Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release_inmarket.170303-1614)
                 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
      System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.         
             System Model: Dell System XPS L502X
                     BIOS: Default System BIOS
                Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
                   Memory: 8192MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 8086MB RAM
                Page File: 2769MB used, 13508MB available
              Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
          DirectX Version: DirectX 12
      DX Setup Parameters: Not found
         User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
       System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
          DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
                 Miracast: Not Available
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
           DxDiag Version: 10.00.14393.0000 64bit Unicod

Please Help.

3 hours ago, brbrmensch said:

doesn't sound like software's fault to me, check your temperature?

i was playing with the same processor just fine (4-6 gb ram and nvidia 540m <-5 yo laptop) untill my cooling system died

I have recently done servicing of my laptop. Have a 2 fan external cooling pad. My Laptop stays very cool even when i use it for long hours but my charger's AC/DC adapter gets hot could it be the problem?

being in service and being cool doesn't mean your proc. temperature is fine, although it may not be the case of your problems, i'd recommend to check it with some software, it won't cause too much troubles, it'll also allow you to monitor your system in\out games\heavy programs

(the probability of throttle being the problem is not that high, but it was with my laptop, even though it has 2 fan external cooling pad too and wasn't too hot, in fact, laptop wasn't blowing out hot air at all, that how i became suspicious about radiators)

Archived