Now I dunno about you guys, but I personally LOVE the beefalo domestication mechanic in DST. And I would love it SO much more if (either by patch or by mod) it was implemented/ported in/to Don't Starve.

Now I'm by no means a script master in anyway shape or form, just getting that out of the way. But I've seen people port Beequeen, ToadStool, Critters, Shadow Pieces, etc.

So here's what I'm wondering, how hard would it be for someone to rework the coding for the beefalo behavior so that they can be able to be ridden and domesticated? And why hasn't it been done already? I mean it's such a cool mechanic to NOT have it in Don't Starve.

I don't want this to be an open and shut case, so feel free to give your thoughts and opinions too! :D

On 4/4/2017 at 6:45 PM, Thieverpedia said:

Eh...it's not all that great. Real pain to keep em domesticated imo. Still, the option would be nice, and would give the option of porting the ewcus over as well, despite it being annoying.

Its not that hard to keep them domesticated, just feed em. I really like the idea of taming beefalo in ds.

Archived