[Game Update] (Preview Branch)- 210162

35 minutes ago, Byungshin Saeki said:

how do I plant or move the wheezewort? I dug it up and there is a seed but no way to plant it or move it

I havent dug up a single one , if planter box does not work...mm you can try making a storage compactor with "sweep only , seeds:wheezewort" then sweep the seed... after that deconstruct the storage compactor ( not sure if it works =/ but thats how im doing my blossoms atm )

[7-8days to auto replant itself](not too sure )

May or may not work ...

Edited by chestnutcute

15 minutes ago, chestnutcute said:

I havent dug up a single one , if planter box does not work...mm you can try making a storage compactor with "sweep only , seeds:wheezewort" then sweep the seed... after that deconstruct the storage compactor ( not sure if it works =/ but thats how im doing my blossoms atm )

[7-8days to auto replant itself](not too sure )

May or may not work ...

You can't use them in a planter box, but yes, the storage compactor and deconstructing it works to plant wheezeworts where you'd like. :) Note that I think it has to be on natural terrain, it can't be on a built tile, in order to grow.

I noticed with the new oxygen overlay that we're not getting as much information.  Contaminated Oxygen was changed to Polluted Oxygen, but it has the same coloring on the oxygen overlay as regular oxygen.  This makes it much more difficult to find areas where you might be producing pollution or where the polluted air might be leaking in from some outside source (like polluted water).

The overlay instead shows concentrations of gas, so if the polluted oxygen is in high concentration it looks the same as high concentration clean oxygen.  Are there any further planned tweaks to the oxygen overlay that might help clear up the display.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CrypticFox said:

I noticed with the new oxygen overlay that we're not getting as much information.  Contaminated Oxygen was changed to Polluted Oxygen, but it has the same coloring on the oxygen overlay as regular oxygen.  This makes it much more difficult to find areas where you might be producing pollution or where the polluted air might be leaking in from some outside source (like polluted water).

The overlay instead shows concentrations of gas, so if the polluted oxygen is in high concentration it looks the same as high concentration clean oxygen.  Are there any further planned tweaks to the oxygen overlay that might help clear up the display.

I notice the same thing with Vaccum space, its now reported the same as carbon dioxide where before it would show up as nothing. 

I just started up a new game with this patch and immediately noticed the Oxygen overlay now provides substantially less information. (Two pockets of gas, one CO2, on thin Oxygen,,, Same Color? Is there a way to quickly identify gas types to identify pollutions and such?

2 hours ago, Kageshukuun said:

I just started up a new game with this patch and immediately noticed the Oxygen overlay now provides substantially less information. (Two pockets of gas, one CO2, on thin Oxygen,,, Same Color? Is there a way to quickly identify gas types to identify pollutions and such?

I guess the oxygen overlay works as it was intended, showing if the concentration is breathable or not or toxic. neither CO2 nor thin oxygen is breathable, thus the same color.

But i agree, they should add an overlay to distinguish gases

Edited by Askorbinka

OK this is really annoying. The dupes not completing digging bug hasn't been fixed.But to make it even worse this happened. Dirt fell on the gateway and entombed it. And it can't be dug out. Game over just as it started. Is that bug ever going to be fixed?

EntombedBug.png

2 hours ago, StormHUN said:

Did someone try the flower vase for Wheezlewort instead of the planter?

I patched in the required tag for using planter and the crop lacked all the growth parameters.
Just instantly appeared when planted fully grown.
I suspect they didn't make it growable because it isn't ready to be added to one of them.

In terms of that whole food argument, I can think of a few solutions;

Have the seed drop become a random factor, like a 50% chance to drop a seed after harvest limit. Obviously, this means an "unlucky" harvest could mean a food shortage, so we can perhaps influence the chances.

In that case, either have the plants drop seeds in a certain temperature range (20-30*C), and function at say a range of (15-35*C), but without the seed drop. 

Alternatively, and arguably my choice (because ecosystems), add a lice predator, which when attacking the lice, the plant gets "harvested" by the pest, not you. If this happens on the final cycle, no seed. Similar to a reverse to the aphid/ladybird circle, without the protection of a certain new system, (pest sprinklers, or perhaps they only thrive on contaminated oxygen to deter people just living off of it) you cannot maintain the safety of the plants. 

• Like 3

I think its way better to do food through machines. It last longer, weights less so you dont need too many fridges to store it now it decays fast. 

But in order to make food through machines we need water. 

I tried this new building, the one that heats water. But it stops working at 85 degrees. 

Since now batteries dont produce enough heat for steam sustainable production, does anyone have a clue on how to transform this hot water in steam?

We cant rely indefinitely on magma. I spent 200 cycles to build a system that produces as much water to fill one pump capacity. 

It makes no sense to me to dig up that deep and set up such a heavy system so far from my basecamp. 

It has to be another way to clean contamined water. 

58 minutes ago, Eskkr0 said:

I think its way better to do food through machines. It last longer, weights less so you dont need too many fridges to store it now it decays fast. 

But in order to make food through machines we need water. 

I tried this new building, the one that heats water. But it stops working at 85 degrees. 

Since now batteries dont produce enough heat for steam sustainable production, does anyone have a clue on how to transform this hot water in steam?

Did you try all available metals to make the Tepidizer from?

6 minutes ago, Eskkr0 said:

No i didn't.

Its a good idea through i built it with gold at 20 degree and it got hot anyway :(

It's hard coded to reach 358.15K no matter how it's constructed.
Space Heater is going to just 307.5K.

4 hours ago, Eskkr0 said:

I dont understand what you mean :/

That no matter what you do that thing will not get higher temperature than that. In Kelvins, i trust you can find a convertor yourself.

Edited by Vilda

Can anyone else confirm that slim now acts like Oxylite and slowly drops mass overtime?

Also there is a bug when you build a door over material, when you remove the door the material remains or an error like "steel door <do not translate>".

A bug exists where a pink animation will show up for the gun or tool the duplicates use.

Edited by Beercules
Updated error message for door removal bug