What's doing Abbyssalite

creates complete heat separation between the hot areas (coal and algea) and the cool areas (slime and cont. water). If you dig it out you will prob kill the all the creatures and yourself if you don't have a insulated and cooled base in 100+ cycle

5 hours ago, NFFly said:

creates complete heat separation between the hot areas (coal and algea) and the cool areas (slime and cont. water). If you dig it out you will prob kill the all the creatures and yourself if you don't have a insulated and cooled base in 100+ cycle

So, I mustn't dig out Abbyssalite? What's doing when i dig out it?

1 hour ago, Saturnus said:

Also remember that if a Hatch eats abyssalite it poops a muckroot instead of coal. So Hatch can produce food now.

And I still can't find any code to back up that claim.

5 hours ago, Nikodem.baron said:

So, I mustn't dig out Abbyssalite? What's doing when i dig out it?

You can dig it out, but you would be wise to use the 0 heat conductivity to your leasure, when you dig it up, it's gone forever. Specially in the new update with ice biome there will be fun things to do with that

2017-03-16_02-24-26.jpg

2017-03-16_02-23-26.jpg

2017-03-16_02-23-49.jpg

2017-03-16_02-24-03.jpg

2017-03-16_02-25-37.jpg

It seems that with the update you can use Abyssalite to make regular tiles which have ridiculously low heat transfer coefficients (1e-5).  This effectively makes the insulated tiles pretty useless if you can get your hands on the Abyssalite.

Also, I turned on debug mode and there doesn't seem to be any steam geysers spawning at all.  Not a single one in the entire map =\

9 minutes ago, Vilda said:

In previous version it just did, I tested it several times. Did not try yet in current.

Uh. That gets put on my must test list. I just assumed that because it was the case in at least the last 3 revisions, it would still be the case now.

But yes, the eaten abyssalite becomes muckroot was one of the stranger oddities especially since you couldn't actually do anything with abyssalite before. You had to dig out abyssalite above it. Regardless of whether it can be easily found up in code, it's been observed and confirmed so many times there's no reason why anyone would doubt it.

42 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

Uh. That gets put on my must test list. I just assumed that because it was the case in at least the last 3 revisions, it would still be the case now.

They don't exactly tell us every mechanic and balance change. Case in point - mealwood seed not dropping is nowhere in patch notes and apparently is intentional.

1 hour ago, Vilda said:

In previous version it just did, I tested it several times. Did not try yet in current.

In the patch notes he did mention invisible muckroot plants which sounds more believable.

4 hours ago, enhander23 said:

Also, I turned on debug mode and there doesn't seem to be any steam geysers spawning at all.  Not a single one in the entire map =\

Found one under polluted water right next to safe zone in a slime biome.

2 minutes ago, Risu said:

In the patch notes he did mention invisible muckroot plants which sounds more believable.

Unless every abyssalite that fell on the roof of my base where my Hatch roamed was an "invisible muckroot" then I strongly disagree. It is simply not what observation tells us.

26 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

Unless every abyssalite that fell on the roof of my base where my Hatch roamed was an "invisible muckroot" then I strongly disagree. It is simply not what observation tells us.

Just did some debug mode testing and they make coal from abyssalite, as expected.

Archived