Almost perfect online experience

You read the title right, this is an almost perfect experience.  Let's get to it!

It's frustrating when you play online and the people are annoying.  You have have the incompetent players that follow you like a shadow, you have the ones who keep on dying (to darkness after passing a million twigs and grass or spiders in broad daylight no less), and then you have the griefers.  Well, my match yesterday had none of those!

Story

When I initially entered the game, the host annoyed me for a few minutes.  He was like me, an overprotective player, who smothered me and wanted to make sure I was safe.  Though he backed off when I made an extra pickax just to show him I was capable.  I immediately continued working after that to get logs, twigs, charcoal, gold, etc.  I came back and made a treasure chest and put 2 pickaxes, regular axes, and torches in the chest.  I then made an alchemy engine and 2 crockpots.  I also made a lightning rod for spring and thunder storms. I then realized that I needed another chest, and I got 12 more logs and made another one.  Soon, more players joined in and they all set to work.

The next part just makes me happy.  The players all knew what they were doing!  The Wilson set out to work immediately and started chopping down trees and planting them at the base.  You had a Wickerbottom collect poop and berry bushes for farms.  Wilson contributed 4 more treasure chest and they were organized for the most part.  Wigfrid came in and started making helmets for everyone.  I decided to make everyone else some logsuits to fight potential hounds.  I went on a long search for gears to make an icebox, but I couldn't find it.  While on the search, I happened by the Wilson and then we ended up collecting gems and he made an ice and fire staff.  I picked up a mandrake and came back to the base to see a Maxwell, with shadow people, and a prestihatitator and I immediately made a panflute.  I also saw a tent, so I decided to make a Siesta Leon-to.  I also made three telltale hearts and got excess silk along with Beefalo wool to prepare for winter.  Also...  Someone had made an icebox and I decided to make meatballs with the 10 monster meat and 30 juicy berries.  All was well!  This was a very productive game with everyone pulling their weight!

My only complaint.  Winter was not coming and it got boring after a while with the permanent Autumn.  I left after a while of no Winter and decided to go to bed.  I wish it had a Winter and other season because those were a great group of people.

Archived