No kcal from multiple harvests?

New user, played with the game a few hours and got an idea how to proceed.  Watched a few videos (one of which would have saved me a lot of time had I watched it first.)

Had a weird even happen.  I had 11 mealwoods in planters ready for harvest, as my colony ran out of food. (6 dupes on cycle 15, I had been able to get food from 'wild' plants to this point)  I was at 0 kcals and got a starvation (1) message, so I prioritized harvesting my 11 mature mealwoods, which should have provided (barring meal lice) at least enough food for my duplicants for a day and a half if not close to 3 days.

My duplicants dutifully harvested all 11 mealwoods, and the end result was 0 kcal of mealwood, 0 kcals of meal lice.  Anyone else seen this happen?

(I'm using the early March 2017 version, I didn't write down the version number.)

Needless to say, I immediately activated the microbe musher to make mush bars, but it was only able to save 2 of my duplicates from dying of starvation, and my best dupes all died. (no one to produce a decent amount of power, and no one to produce a decent amount of research, and with only 2 dupes, I couldn't do research effectively.)

So I re-loaded the save of the beginning of the cycle, and immediately harvested my mealwood.  Again 0 kcals of food were produced.  So I then turned on the microbe musher and saved 4 of my 6 duplicants from starvation.  But if I can't even be sure that with 11 mealwood ready to harvest I can get 1 kcal, what's the point of trying to grow food?  I thought with 11 plants ready for harvest, I would at least be able to stave off starvation for 1 cycle.

3 hours ago, randalin said:

Sounds weird but without a screenshot of the setup I can only guess. But it should not be happening :)

3 hours ago, NOCFeRnA1 said:

U might want first to sweep them to storage box\refriegerator maybe?

No, reachable resources on floor count.

I had my storage containers and ration box set to a priority 6, so if my duplicants didn't have any priority orders they keep the floor nice and tidy (to avoid the clutter decor).  Had the same issue occur today, the mealwood simply doesn't seem to be dropping food at all, in 3 separate colonies,  Needless to say, I'm not happy having to make mush bars for my duplicants just to keep them from starving when I put all those materials into making planter boxes and planting seeds.  Briar seems to be okay, but mealwood should be producing something.

First happened before I added the Thermal Update, but it's also happening on my colonies since. (color me frustrated, cause I'm loving the game overall, but when you expect to get plenty of food and you get none, nearly dooming your colony [not to mention preventing making even liceloaf since meal lice aren't even being dropped] it's a frustrating situation)

According to the reference guide: "  Liceloaf effectively doubles a yield of a single Mealwood plant and with enough water I encourage you to use this recipe. "

But when 4-13 plants produce zero lice, zero kcal, etc...  Doubling the output doesn't seem very helpful. (0 x infinity still = 0)

Archived