Question about Foundation

Hi there!

I just bought this game today and so far I think I'm doing very well :)

However... I built a manual generator and made the wiring come from underneat the generator... therefore I get a message saying "Missing Foundation" and that the generator is unusable.

So far the only solution I have is to deconstruxt the wiring and the generator and rebuild them elsewhere... However I was wondering if it was possible to add foundation.

I've googled often on how to add foundation... and my searching found nothing, am I missing something? If not then is it at least part of the developer's "To-Do List"?

Thanks for the help guys! :)

Hello @Darkforge317, welcome to the forums.

When it says "missing foundation" it means that the structure is built mid-air and there is no tile under it. So make sure you build tiles under any structures that say "missing foundation", as they wont function without it. So rebuild or, build tiles under structures. Currently, dupes have to break down tiles to place down wires or pipes but once the wires/pipes are placed you can build tiles right on top of it in the same tile to cover the wires and pipes.

I hope that makes sense, cheers.

2 hours ago, Zillvr said:

Hello @Darkforge317, welcome to the forums.

When it says "missing foundation" it means that the structure is built mid-air and there is no tile under it. So make sure you build tiles under any structures that say "missing foundation", as they wont function without it. So rebuild or, build tiles under structures. Currently, dupes have to break down tiles to place down wires or pipes but once the wires/pipes are placed you can build tiles right on top of it in the same tile to cover the wires and pipes.

I hope that makes sense, cheers.

Actually, they don't break tiles when laying down wires, only naturally occurring blocks.

Archived