Who do you prefer to sit on the throne Maxwell or Charlie ?

Who do you prefer to sit on the throne Maxwell or Charlie or anyone else ?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you prefer to sit on the throne Maxwell or Charlie or anyone else ?

3 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

Also, I'm all for Wes taking up the throne. I mean look at him:

hqdefault.jpg

Wes's portait is just a "Matrix" reference I'm pretty sure

3 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

Also...um, how would he go about communicating with THEM. telepathy? Pantomime? Charades? With his Shadow BalloonsTM?

probably mental or in some cases like charlie physial control as well

IDK its hard to say if Maxwell's actions deep in his control if he had complete control or if his actions were put  through a filter almost
because when you meet him in adventure mode it most certainly isn't really "him" more of an illison as you seem on the throne broken and tired and wishing freedom.

Wendy could also be a good candidate, since she already knows so much of the world to begin with, she even knows who THEY are. (Some sort of spiritual bond via a supposed kinship between Waxwell?) Who knows? She might've been the only person to have escaped, but Charlie ended up killing Abigail in the process, causing her soul to become trapped within her flower.

I mean, I'm going off of some of her quotes, some of which include the Thulecite Medallion, and Wickerbottom's Applied Horticulture. 

Here be the quotes:

"THEY approach."

"THEY're all around me!"

"I think THEY're leaving."

"Imagine, a rolling field of red flowers..."

I also love how self-aware she is of Maxwell's and Charlie's relationship with THEM. (Once again using her quotes)

Waxwell (Kingly Statue): "Alas, the king is but a figurehead, at best."

Charlie (Queenly Statue): "She holds the true power, HERE."

And to be fair, does THIS look like the face of mercy?

latest?cb=20160426013713

No, no it doesn't. :3

8 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

Wes's portait is just a "Matrix" reference I'm pretty sure

probably mental or in some cases like charlie physial control as well

IDK its hard to say if Maxwell's actions deep in his control if he had complete control or if his actions were put  through a filter almost
because when you meet him in adventure mode it most certainly isn't really "him" more of an illison as you seem on the throne broken and tired and wishing freedom.

Not even gonna comment on the Shadow BalloonsTM, huh? It's okay, it's not like I put my heart and soul into that one... ;-;

5 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Alright guys, seriously now, either make a new thread in the OT section or I'll have to either lock this or move it there.

i will be from now on the topic but it was fun to get out of topic for some time 

Maxwell has his pros and cons so does Charlie. but the king is more important than the queen in chess. but any way i was thinking what if THEY made a shadow clone . a clone made of darkness of Maxwell and Charlie . and the clone is able of shape shifting so it can look like a human and trick other people like Maxwell cunning and deceptive . and ruthless and intimidating and more powerful than Charlie that it is able to kill you in the darkness in one hit even your health is 300 and wearing armor it well be so cool and i wandering what kind of boss we will have . and the game will be harder 

and i love the idea of Wendy on the throne plus she is my second favorite character after Maxwell 

9 minutes ago, yousif7733 said:

but any way i was thinking what if THEY made a shadow clone . a clone made of darkness of Maxwell and Charlie . and the clone is able of shape shifting so it can look like a human and trick other people like Maxwell cunning and deceptiv

I always theorize that one sitting on the throne and the person that greets the victim is usually a synthetic clone made by THEM.

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

he victim is usually a synthetic clone made by THEM.

I don't think clone is the right word more like alter ego illusion  As the CPU Maxwell couldn't seem to do anything other then yell empty threats. This is seen as "He" bargains with you at the introduction of "two worlds" and even as you anger him "He" only yells at you and only changes the world instead of physically stopping you.

However I say that he is Maxwell's ego on account that "His" mannerisms are simaliar to Maxwells and certainly carries his presence or likeness. So I think Clone is not the right word but rather a  illusion manifestation of Maxwell's ego.

47 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

I don't think clone is the right word more like alter ego illusion  As the CPU Maxwell couldn't seem to do anything other then yell empty threats. This is seen as "He" bargains with you at the introduction of "two worlds" and even as you anger him "He" only yells at you and only changes the world instead of physically stopping you.

However I say that he is Maxwell's ego on account that "His" mannerisms are simaliar to Maxwells and certainly carries his presence or likeness. So I think Clone is not the right word but rather a  illusion manifestation of Maxwell's ego.

@Donke60 i started thinking about clones theory after i saw this picture 

and it is NPC NOT CPU Although it is going to good joke

with every Maxwell CPU you buy .  got codex a Umbra hard disk for free

e96d6f08ed2a3634edd57020042d5269.jpg

9 hours ago, minespatch said:
  1. William Carter
  2. Otto Von Chesterfield

99% Wendy, Abigail and Jack Carter.

George T. Witherstone.

Abernethy and Parker.

Harold J. Rutherford.

Robert Wagstaff.

:wilson_love:

9 hours ago, minespatch said:

Basically the shift to DS to DST is the same way the logic of a videogame cutscene. If you die in a cutscene, you'll live in the next scene.

Very much so. Willingness to have a trailer for every character (except Max, it is possible to unlock him in DS and then take the Throne from the NPC Max, but immersion just leaves through the roof there) would have meant much, much more work for the artists. The assets in DS are one thing, hand-drawn and animated cutscenes are another.  It's not some cRPG where you have more or less a box for your character to appear in (with better or worse results).

11 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

...Wait. They could finally be TOGETHER. Don't Starve TOGETHER. TO  GET HER.

HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED.

*gulp*

I'm waiting for @JoeW to react and hand you a title like The Shipmaster/Shipmistress.

9 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

Also, I'm all for Wes taking up the throne. I mean look at him:

hqdefault.jpg

Does this look like the face of someone who'd screw around?

Also...um, how would he go about communicating with THEM. telepathy? Pantomime? Charades? With his Shadow BalloonsTM?

Too attractive for these boards... ariel_bored.png(image courtesy of @minespatch :wilson_love:)

8 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

And to be fair, does THIS look like the face of mercy?

latest?cb=20160426013713

NOPE.

noobs__shaded__by_arlesienne-db2ll45.png

5 hours ago, yousif7733 said:

the king is more important than the queen in chess

The king's role, in fact, is getting captured...

Wendy makes too much sense.

Charlie is a slave, and Maxwell was a servant who turned into a prisoner. If the king of the world was actually autonomous then Wendy probably would be an ideal candidate, but the king of the world is literally just a figurehead They use. So, being all macabre is not even remotely a requirement despite it looking that way, being impressionable, weak and unsatisfied with life are the main prerequisites.

Which Wendy does fit the latter two quite well. But she is far too intelligent and aware of the world to be duped in that manner.

Sequel game after They are banished where Wendy takes over and just screws around with everything.

Well Klaus can beat one Deerclops, but can he beat TWO Deerclops?

7 minutes ago, The Curator said:

Charlie is a slave, and Maxwell was a servant who turned into a prisoner. If the king of the world was actually autonomous then Wendy probably would be an ideal candidate, but the king of the world is literally just a figurehead They use.

So basically what happened with Angela Lansbury in the Manchurian Candidate?

Just a concept / wip gif so not as smooth as an anim will be in game when rest of mod is done but ....

Based Charlie for the throne forever!

g30pt55.gif

Also a lot of jaggies as a gif hrrrmn... much better looking in game & Spriter. 

Archived